Quantcast Bus service and ECV?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bus service and ECV?

Are all of the buses capable of carrying an ECV? I can distinctly remember a past trip (many years ago) a person in an ECV being told that they would have to wait for another bus. I would be afraid that the next bus would say the same thing, and so on, etc. Meaning that we would be waiting at the resort for an hour before we could even get on the bus to get to a park.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All busses are capable of carrying ECVs, however there is a limit to how many they can carry. A few weeks ago we had 4-5 ECVs in line at park close one evening. My experience is that's the only time an ECV would have to wait for the next bus.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

This past Sept my lady friend and I had ECV's and we got on our busses at the same time. The standard buses can handle up to 2 at a time. The new double buses ( articulated ) can carry up to 3 ECV's.

If there are a lot of ECV's waiting for a bus it may take a while to get on one. I have seen one of the cast members who manage the buses at the resort call for additional buses when things start backing up. We never really had a long wait. Things should be fine enjoy your time a WDW.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

All buses carry ECVs, no exceptions. There are a few reasons that I can think of as to why someone may be told to catch the next bus:

1) The bus already has 2 ECVs on board. This is a something that can often happen at resorts where the bus makes multiple stops at different bus stops within the same resort, or multiple stops at multiple resorts (which basically is at EVERY resort except Pop & AoA since they do not share buses or have multiple stops within one resort). For example, the AK bus fills up when loading at CR, and when it gets to the Poly there is no more room for an ECV and so the ECV must wait.

2) The family with the ECV is part of a large group and the bus driver or the bus stop attendant has seen that the ECV just arrived in the line at the last minute before the bus arrived. Sometimes a call is made to ask the ECV to wait for the next bus because they would essentially be cutting in front of a long line of people that were standing in line prior to the arrival of the ECV.

3) Something mechanical is wrong with the bus. Sometimes the wheelchair ramp will not deploy, sometimes the air bags will not lower the bus down, and in both cases I have seen the bus driver be unable to load any ECVs.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: