Quantcast Monorail Health?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monorail Health?

I've noticed recently reading thru various posts that there is a recurring theme of more and more problems with our beloved monorail system. Trains not leaving the tracks, being pulled off the tracks, totally down....the trains themselves I believe came into service in the late 80's (1989?) meaning even with all the great maintenance I am sure they perform these guys have ALOT of miles on them carrying ALOT of people. Does anyone know of any plans to upgrade to whatever the next generation system would be out there? These are nearing the age of the original trains they replaced....

March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll second this. On my early December trip, I don't think there was even one day when the monorail was operating normally without incident. The "highlight" was one day when I got stuck for a 1/2 hour on a train with no air conditioning - and it was 85 degrees outside!

When I hear people talking about how great it is to stay at a monorail hotel, I answer that I would be happier taking a bus! No joking.

I believe they need to take the entire system down for whatever period of time is needed to completely restore the monorail system. It has become very evident that the piecemeal repairs they are making now are not enough to keep it operating properly. Yes, some people will be disappointed, but, after what I experienced on this last trip, I am convinced that it is necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    I'll second this. On my early December trip, I don't think there was even one day when the monorail was operating normally without incident. The "highlight" was one day when I got stuck for a 1/2 hour on a train with no air conditioning - and it was 85 degrees outside!

When I hear people talking about how great it is to stay at a monorail hotel, I answer that I would be happier taking a bus! No joking.

I believe they need to take the entire system down for whatever period of time is needed to completely restore the monorail system. It has become very evident that the piecemeal repairs they are making now are not enough to keep it operating properly. Yes, some people will be disappointed, but, after what I experienced on this last trip, I am convinced that it is necessary.
    I agree, it's time for an overhaul. We stayed at BLT in May and had similar issues. One trip had me so nervous that we got off at GF and took Uber back. I'm not sure what little voice told me to get off but thankfully I listened because it did breakdown and we would have been stuck.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: