Quantcast Solo Bachelorette Weekend Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo Bachelorette Weekend Day 2

I'm an early riser so I knew I wanted to take advantage of early magic hours when I could so I was up early to shower, grab a bagel from the business class lounge and catch a bus to MK. Only the first bus that arrived was full, as was the second. Grr, it was getting close to 8am opening time when finally I was able to squeeze on a bus (frustrating bus moment #2).

I did fairly well getting into MK though but decided my original plan of dashing back to ride 7DMT probably wasn't a good idea. Too many people in front of me. So I headed on my other regular morning path to Jungle Cruise/Pirates. Except they apparently don't open those areas til 9am (I guess I just forgot this?). So I crossed back over and knocked out Space Mtn and Buzz as well as a spin on the TTA before crossing back to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. (I had fast passes for later in the day in Epcot.). I also decided to ride Splash Mtn since I wasn't sure I was going to get back over to the MK this trip. By this time it was around 10:30 and I did a little window shopping on my way back to the bus stop. I needed to get to Epcot but wanted to run back to the room first and grab my backpack and change shoes for the rest of the day.

Mistake. AKA Frustrating bus incident #3-So I got in line for the bus about 10:45, waited about 45 mins for a bus and then again was the last stop, so another 90 min trip to get from MK back to CSR. I was starting to sweat gettting to my ADR at Biergarten at 1pm so I quickly changed shoes, grabbed my bag and uber'd to the Beach Club for a quick entrance into the back of Epcot, just making my ADR.

This was the first time I have eaten here and it was really delicious. Won't be the last for sure and a fairly reasonable lunch for the candlelight package (by Disney standards at least.)

I had FP for Soarin (and due to a technical snafu got to ride twice without getting off.). Then I hit my other FP for The Seas and Spaceship Earth. I took a spin on Imagination and checked the line for Test Track but decided to wait til later. I walked around a bit and then ended up having guacamole and chips and a margarita for "dinner" at La Cava. I did a bit more shopping and around 7:30 made my way to a very long line for the CP package. Enjoyed chatting with folks in line and eventually we made our way into the theater.

I was unfamiliar with Jim Cavezil before this trip but I found his presentation to be a little, I dunno awkward? The music as always was amazing but it was interesting how much the show varied from my cd version (which is old I admit.). I left the theater and found a spot for Illuminations right in front of Japan. It was also wonderful, sigh. This is when things get dicey.

I had taken off my Mickey ears so folks behind me could see the fireworks, I tucked them in the top of my backpack (which was open a bit at the top due to the bulk of the ears.) My ears were hand painted and pretty dang $$, I also custom ordered them months in advance. Well right when Illuminations started a woman right behind me started filming with a bright light on. After being asked nicely to stop by a couple people, it got a little ugly and finally she quit. After Illuminations was over I made my way to the rear exit to go back to the Beach Club and get another Uber, well right as I got to the turn styles I realized my ears were gone. I was furious, hoping maybe they just fell out but really not thinking so. I jogged back to Japan (it wasn't pretty, I don't jog.). No ears of course, I asked a couple of the janitorial staff who were cleaning and they sent me back to security at the rear exit. No luck. Then I was sent to Guest Relations at the front of the park (I'm at 26,000 steps at this point). They were also not very helpful and told me to call Lost and Found main # in the morning. I was really bummed. I mean like, tears. My one of a kind ears...gone. Sniffle.

I walked slowly out the front and caught an Uber back to the room, where I pretty much knonked out.

PS I forgot to mention yesterday that I arrived at WDW already very sick but was just pushing through it. I feel horrible for my neighbors at CSR though. I could hear everything going on in their room so I know they could hear my coughing...all night.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! I'm sorry it wasn't such a great day! I hope your ears show up ... sounds like they were lovely.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Janet, so sorry about the ears!! It really was a frustrating day for you!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your trip, but I couldn't help thinking that maybe your bus wait times were long because Disney is subtly trying to promote their Express Transportation bus system
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no sorry about your ears

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media: