Quantcast MORE alcohol to be served in MK

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MORE alcohol to be served in MK

Y'all I just read from disneyfoodblog insta account that they are going to be serving alcohol in 4 more Magic Kingdom restaurants.

Cinderella's Table
    Tonys
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Skipper Canteen

I know it's worked out seemingly fine at Be Our Guest, but I guess I am a traditionalist and I just am not a fan of this new trend. Sorta disappointed.

What do y'all think?
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else see that more MK restaurants will be selling Alcohol?

From what I read Tony's Town Square, Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen and Cinderella's Royal table will all start serving alcohol starting December 19.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

you beat me by seconds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    you beat me by seconds
    Sorry!

But what do you think, Speedy?
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure. I would hate for MK to have people who have obviously had a few to many walking around. However, serving it in Be our guest does not seem to have created that problem. So I guess as long as they don't suddenly have drunks staggering around MK I am ok with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Not sure. I would hate for MK to have people who have obviously had a few to many walking around. However, serving it in Be our guest does not seem to have created that problem. So I guess as long as they don't suddenly have drunks staggering around MK I am ok with it.
    If what I saw on instagram is any indicator, there are a lot of people who are happy about this. It seems odd to me that they are so excited. Since no one is going to be walking up to a kiosk and carrying their drinks with them, I (like you) guess it won't look any different in the park itself.

On a side note. We live in the Austin area and are getting ready for the coooold weather tomorrow night and Sunday. Is it supposed to dip all the way down to Houston? Stay warm!
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

I am not shocked. Once you let one do it, they were all going to join in. The only way to get rid of it is to let some drunk drown at MK.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it. I suspected, as we all did, that the Be Our Guest inclusion of alcohol would open it up to this eventually. I don't mind it being confined to restaurants and with limited selection-- but, if this is a money maker (and it will be), I could see them expanding and that would be a shame. It's easy enough to leave the MK for a drink, and drinking in the MK is just not something I need to do. I liked having the one place that remained fantasy clean and pure. As long as it stays in restaurants, though, a drink with dinner, it's not a bother to me. It's the expansion that I fear.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

10. Likes waymickey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

People who are serious drinkers would be drinking anyway, sneaking it in or leaving the park to drink and return. Drinks served with dinner are not going to put many people in a state of total inebriation. I'm sure the servers will be careful about that (she says hopefully). But I do think it could grow beyond this, and that is what I don't like. I like having the MK stay unique and fairy tale sweet. So while I don't mind a select few restaurants serving limited alcohol, I don't like the idea of expanding that to counter service or kiosks or bar areas and I hope this is it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have no issues with this at all. I mean, you need a good glass of wine if you're eating at Tony's!

Seriously, I know we've all seen the chaos at during F&W at Epcot, and this isn't the same, this is a way to make money, and improve guest satisfaction with people who are caught off guard that you can't have a beer or glass of wine with a meal.

I know my DH enjoys the different drinks you can get around Disney, it is part of the trip for him, and if there is something interesting added to a drink menu at MK, he'd be one of the people appreciating it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

13. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it. But then again, I've been so disappointed in the direction Disney has been taking in the past few years.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

15. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too surprised by this. And, I guess we're fine with it. We certainly appreciate the option of a beer or wine if it compliments what you're eating. But, I have to say that there's certainly a disconnect element about it. We were never put off that you couldn't get a drink in MK. It was OK that there was a park where alcohol just wasn't available. Like others have said, as long as it only stays an option with meals, I don't think it will impact the park experience. I hope they don't expand to kiosks or bars. But then, we may be the only people posting on Intercot who have never seen a bunch of drunks at Epcot. I remember one college-age kid who was a little loud and wobbly on one trip. Other than that I don't think I've actually ever seen someone drunk, even at F&WF.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Here are excerpts from the Orlando Sentinel Article with more details:

Four more Magic Kingdom restaurants to serve wine, beer

by Lauren Delgado | Orlando Sentinel Foodie
    Orlando Sentinel
    December 16, 2016

Four more restaurants at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will begin serving wine and beer Dec. 23.

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen and Cinderella’s Royal Table will serve the beverages daily during lunch and dinner. They will join Be Our Guest Restaurant, which in 2012 became the first Magic Kingdom eatery to serve alcohol.

The change comes after numerous requests from guests, according to a Disney spokeswoman.

Beer and wine will only be sold within the table-service restaurants. There will be no to-go options or standalone bar.

Magic Kingdom guests won’t just find a simple new drink menu. Brian Koziol, a master sommelier and the concept development director for Disney Parks Food & Beverage, has outlined some drink and food pairings.

The beverages offered fit with each restaurant’s theme and cuisine.

Here’s a look at a few of them:

• Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, an Italian restaurant in the park’s Main Street area, will offer Italian wines and beers, including a Chianti Superiore designated to pair with the grilled pork chop with mushroom-bean pancetta ragu and marsala reduction.
    • Liberty Tree Tavern will serve beer, cider and domestic wines to go with its American cuisine. Koziol paired a New England lager with the Patriot’s Platter of roast turkey, roast pork and prime rib.
    • Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen in Adventureland will have a more global beverage menu, with drinks such as a riesling to pair with Trader Sam’s head-on shrimp.
    • Cinderella’s Royal Table, which host many special occasions at its spot in the center of the park, will serve champagne and sparkling wine.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I predicted exactly this back when the fur was flying over BOG serving alcohol. No surprise to me. BOG was their trial balloon for this, it worked out well, so now on to "Stage 2" - expansion of the concept. If the expansion works well, and I bet it will, I predict you'll see a "bar" type establishment open within 3-5 years, probably on Main Street or in Frontierland.

Can't wait to see if my new prediction comes true as well...
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    On a side note. We live in the Austin area and are getting ready for the coooold weather tomorrow night and Sunday. Is it supposed to dip all the way down to Houston? Stay warm!
    It dropped 44 degrees in less than 8 hours at my house. How did you make out in Austin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    People who are serious drinkers would be drinking anyway, sneaking it in or leaving the park to drink and return. Drinks served with dinner are not going to put many people in a state of total inebriation. I'm sure the servers will be careful about that (she says hopefully). But I do think it could grow beyond this, and that is what I don't like. I like having the MK stay unique and fairy tale sweet. So while I don't mind a select few restaurants serving limited alcohol, I don't like the idea of expanding that to counter service or kiosks or bar areas and I hope this is it.
    This is my mind set. I'm not a big drinker but it would be nice to add a single drink to my dinner. It's the pop up stands that worry me. Though so many people complain about Epcot but I personally have only ever seen one drunk person there.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was okay for MK to be the one park that didn't serve alcohol. That said, I think it will be okay for them serve it in limited quantities there too. Out of all the changes that have taken place in recent years, this is one that least bothers me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

22. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally fine with it. I have friends from all across the world. America is a bit backwards with various views anyway, one being alcohol. It's a daily/per meal thing where many of my friends are from. It's nothing for them to have wine or ale with each meal. So they were actually surprised on first visits that MK was dry for quite awhile, and then only in certain spots.
    I think it's good for us to realize there is a bigger world out there.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

24. Likes SurferStitch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

26. Likes ibelieveindisneymagic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't see a problem with it as long as it stays within the restaurants and doesn't spread to carts/counter service places. I've never had the desire for a drink while at a disney park so I have little opinion either way. I highly doubt there will be any sort of problem with drunks as 1) It'll be too expensive to get drunk and 2) I haven't encountered a drunk person in all the years of them serving alcohol in other parks.

All that being said. It amazes me how excited people get about being able to have a drink. Sure, I enjoy a drink every now and then, but for some people they like have to have one whenever they are out anywhere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: