Quantcast Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 3

Sunday, November 27

We head to the quick serve restaurant and order a breakfast sandwich to split along with coffees. Since we are at the main building, we go to that bus station. The Magic Kingdom bus is there but there is long line to board and only half of those in line get on board before the bus is overflowing. An Epcot but pulls in. Another not so brilliant idea - we'll take this bus to Epcot and get the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We are quickly at Epcot and are dropped off at a station very close to the entrance but this will prove to be a detriment to us. We go through security to get to the monorail. What??!! The monorail is not running - we have to take bus to Transportation & Ticket Center and transfer there. Are you kidding? We get to the bus stop where we find a sign noting the monorail is not running. Where we were dropped off is one of a very few spots where we would not have walked by this station to see the board noting the monorail is down!!

A non-English speaking couple boards - they're unsure of how to get to the Magic Kingdom. We assure them they are on the right bus but will need to take another vehicle to get to Magic Kingdom. We arrive at Transportation & Ticket Center and show them the way to Magic Kingdom monorail. They ask about fastpass and have a park map with them so I am able to point out FP locations on their map.

We get to Magic Kingdom. It is mobbed - I thought it might be crowded since their is a Christmas party this evening. Just after entering the park, I realize I've lost my printed scheduled for all of our activities, fastpasses, reservations etc. We can get by with My Disney Experience for today and I have another copy of the document back in our room. It's just that kind of a trip.

We go to the train station in Frontierland where we wait and wait for train. Ten minutes before our Fastpass time for Big Thunder Mountain, we leave the train station and take our ride on Thunder Mountain. We go back to the train station and take a ride around. After a ride on the Carousel, it is time for our Peter Pan fastpass. The line for Small World is outside building.

We go to Peco's Bill for lunch and order a fajita platter to share. With the fixings and the passholder discount, it's plenty for two and rather inexpensive for Disney.

We do Pirates, Little Mermaid and our last fastpass for Haunted Mansion. We wander through the shops on our way out of the park and take the bus back home. There is a long, long line of campers checking in at Fort Wilderness - we actually got stuck on roadway for 5-10 minutes as there were campers waiting to turn into the campground and our bus couldn't get around them.

Next frustration - my IPAd doesn't want to work unless I can enter Cloud security information - I never use cloud on this machine and I've never had this issue before. Somehow I got the right password combination in and got access.

We hang out on the balcony for a while. I'm glad we are on the second floor. A path goes right by this side of the building and there is lots of golf cart traffic.

We head to Epcot this evening. There's a long wait for the bus but it finally arrives. We are here for Illuminations which we haven't seen for a long time. We head to Tutto Gusto and are seated on a couch. We have meatball sliders. I have espresso coffee martini - Gene has a James Bond style martini. Yummee!! We wander around World showcase and stop a bit to watch the Candlelight Processional from the back of the theater. Very nice. Keep wandering. We find a lovely place to watch the show. It's well worth the one hour wait. Excellent.

We head out along with the masses. We don't wait long for a bus but need to stand. A nice young man offers me his seat. I decline but thank him for offer. We head to the main building, select snacks and head home. Tubby and to bed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As always, I am enjoying your trip reports, even the "really?" moments as things don't work out quite as well as you've planned!

(and I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has "brilliant" ideas that sometimes don't go quite like I thought they would )
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That is the kind of thing that would happen to us, Monorail not running. But it sounds like a great day, anyway!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Uh transportation problems are the worse. How was that espresso martini? Sounds interesting.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

First a mouse, then a lost book and now no monorail-sheesh! Makes me nervous for my solo trip this week-hope it improves!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I are notorious for trying to "out think" Disney transportation by trying "short cuts"!
    We have learned that such "short cuts" are ALWAYS longer than just being patient, but we keep trying anyhow!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Still a good day despite some bumps.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

What a transportation nightmare!!!!!!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Was Epcot as crowded as MK?
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    Was Epcot as crowded as MK?
    This was several months back but I don't recall Epcot being as crowded as the Magic Kingdom had been. We didn't have any difficulty securing a spot to watch Illuminations though we did grab our spot about an hour ahead of the start of it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: