Quantcast O'Hana

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: O'Hana

Post Thanks / Like

Default O'Hana

My DD, DGD and myself are head home in 13 days. We have been trying to get into O'Hana since out dinning reservations opened and we cannot. So I was hoping you all could help me with some questions I have....

1. Does O'Hana take walk-ins? If so...........
    2. What time do they open for dinner?
    3. If we get there as soon as they open can we get in?

We are going to keep trying. This is our favorite place to eat and a family tradition to start our vacation at this restaurant. We all will so disappointed if we can't get in. Thanks for any information.
    TinkX2

Next Visit - Dec 2017 Pop Century
    Dec 2016 - Pop Century
    Feb 2016 - Coronado Springs Resort
    Dec 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    June 2010 - Off-site
    June 2004 - Old Key West Resort
    May 2003 - All Star Music
    March 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying! We were there on a Saturday evening and someone walked up while we were checking in and asked about a walk-in and were told a minimum of two hours.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet for being taken as a walk in for any WDW restaurant is to get there when they open for the particular meal you are trying to get into. Depending on when you go, this still may not get you in, but it is worth a shot if you really want to dine at a particular restaurant.

As Genie1953 said, keep checking to see if a spot opens up. I have heard that as it gets closer to the date people drop there reservations as they revise their plans.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default O'Hana

That is so true. We kept trying for an early breakfast at crystal palace but no luck at the 180 day mark. Checked faithfully every day for one and still no luck and then about 4 days before we left for Disney one magically popped up at 8:10am no less...just what we wanted. So don't give up on a Ohana reservation. Keep on trying.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Hang with me here... I actually will have usable info in here somewhere....

We have been going to Disney for many years and on this last trip learned something new... Even though the restaurants give you a specific time for your reservation many actually seat several groups at once in 'waves' and a couple every 5 minutes. I have observed this at many locations.. nobody will be called for 15 or so minutes.. then 10+ tables will be called up almost at once.

On Halloween we had a 3:40 reservation at O'Hana's. At 3:30 (as soon as they opened) I got in line to check in when a person ahead of me asked the counter if they had anything available. She said they were allowed to seat '3 walkups' per seating period. The "first seating" had all been given out, but if she checked back at 4:00 they may be able to get them in and then she took down her name.

The details she gave out were far too specific to just be a 'we will see if we can work you in' sort of thing..

For the past couple years we have heard and observed that walk-ups virtually anywhere were impossible, but then you would look in and see half the tables empty. Maybe Disney is finally relaxing a bit knowing a few, even with cancel penalties, aren't going to show up and empty seats is bad business.

That said we have been having really good luck looking for reservations 48 - 36 hours in advance of where we want to eat.. almost always have been able to find an opening, even at O'Hana's and Chef Mickey's.. still not much luck with Be Our guest though.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Post Thanks / Like

I've also heard sometimes if you call you can get a reservation even though it doesn't show online, not sure how accurate that is but it doesn't hurt to try.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Keep checking the My Disney Experience app after you arrive! Check it several times a day. I am willing to bet you will be able to get a reservation same day or next day. People cancel now that they have that deposit requirement. We got 'Ohana dinner on our trip last month at 7pm the dsy before...there was a 4:45pm dinner reservation available the next day and we grabbed it. We also were able to do Via Napoli same day...made an 8:30pm reservation at around 10 am that morning.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: