Quantcast Once Upon a Time castle projection show begins November 4, 2016 at Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Once Upon a Time castle projection show begins November 4, 2016 at Magic Kingdom

Disney Parks & Resorts has announced a new castle projection show for the Magic Kingdom park:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... a new nighttime projection show, “Once Upon a Time,” will debut at Magic Kingdom Park on November 4.

In this new show, Mrs. Potts from “Beauty and the Beast” shares bedtime stories with Chip, taking them (and all of us) on a magical trip through the most adventurous scenes from favorite Disney films like “Cinderella,” “Peter Pan,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.”

Scenes that are expected to be guest-favorites include a flight with Peter Pan from London to Never Land, the Mad Hatter’s whimsical tea party, and a daring duel between Gaston and Beast. Mrs. Potts and Chip end their bedtime story with a grand finale that includes appearances by characters from even more Disney films.

The show, which was inspired by one of a similar name at Tokyo Disneyland Park, uses projection mapping technology to cover every nook and cranny of Cinderella Castle in vibrant images that appear almost three-dimensional.

“Once Upon A Time” will replace the current “Celebrate the Magic” projection show, which will end its run on November 3 ...

Name:  oa10923fi.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  56.2 KB
    Name:  oa998989.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  48.9 KBName:  oa778475884.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  45.2 KBName:  oa76847362.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  51.4 KB
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Likes Auntie B liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty awesome!
    Auntie B

Post Thanks / Like

I have loved all of the past castle projection shows, and this one looks just as amazing!!! Can't wait to see it next year.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it. Projections are better looking than before. A lot of the projections start at the Castle doorway and then move upwards. So don't worry if your back a bit on Main Street, the majority of what is shown moves upward on the Castle. I like Celebrate the Magic more though.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    Saw it. Projections are better looking than before. A lot of the projections start at the Castle doorway and then move upwards. So don't worry if your back a bit on Main Street, the majority of what is shown moves upward on the Castle. I like Celebrate the Magic more though.
    The projections are clearer, but I was pretty bored by this show...I liked the other one better as well.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The projections are clearer, but I was pretty bored by this show...I liked the other one better as well.
    I watched it on youtube, and I have to agree. I thought maybe I just wasn't getting the same affect as actually being there, but I did come away bored. I actually skipped ahead several times. I thought it was a bit slow and lagging for the most part. Some of the projections were visually stunning tho!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: