Quantcast Have to find a new compay for EVC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have to find a new compay for EVC

I have used Apple many times in the past. I use to swear by them and always raved about how great the company was, the way it was ran, the customer service and the great scoothers. I use to talk to a guy named Alex and he was awsesome, not sure he's there any longer.
    The last couple times i've had a lot of trouble w/ the scooters, they are old, run down, and not very good. The customer service in general, especially the ones who bring and repair scooters are very good. But the last 2 or 3 times i've gone, the scooter has run out of juice after a couple hours. This past september I had to have them come out 2 times, the first time was because it had no juice at all, wouldn't even go up the ramp for bus. the second time i charged it all night for up to 10 hours and withing 3 hours it was running out of battery.

my question is what other ones have you used that we won't have issue. Walker? Buenea Vista? Randy Mobility?
    any other recommendations?

Thank you
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also used Apple and have talked to Alex before. I have one reserved for our January trip. Our last trip was in October of 2014 and we didn't have any issues. Do you mind me asking what model you usually get?

I've not used them but heard some good things about Walker and Buena Vista, never heard of Randy.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We had the same issue for my mom last time we were down there and have always liked Apple. Buena Vista is probably who we'll try next time based on everyone I've spoken with.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Buena Vista many times with no issues.
    Proud DVC owner

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Walker for my trip that starts in about 3 days. When I return, I'd be happy to post a review of my experience with them. I was surprised to see that Apple now has a failing grade with the local Better Business Bureau. Too bad-they used to be good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ressies with Apple for 2 upcoming trips. I'm going to be doing some research this week and see what else might be available. If Alex is gone that would be very sad, he was great.

FYI from the official Disney website:

Disney Featured Providers
    In addition to the locations listed here, several Orlando-area companies also offer ECVs, wheelchairs, strollers and other mobility products for rent. Pre-orders and deliveries to Disney Resort hotels are available through these providers, which include:
    Best Price Scooters and Strollers: (866) 866-3434
    Apple Scooter: (800) 701-1971
    ScooterBug: (800) 726-8284
    CARE Scooter Rentals: (800) 741-2282
    Buena Vista Scooter Rentals: (866) 484-4797
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I'm using Walker for my trip that starts in about 3 days. When I return, I'd be happy to post a review of my experience with them. I was surprised to see that Apple now has a failing grade with the local Better Business Bureau. Too bad-they used to be good.
    How did you like Walker?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    How did you like Walker?
    I was very pleased with their service and the condition of my scooter. Although I had to be there at drop off, I was to call them when we checked in. From the time of the call until they showed up was about 2 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Update-I also used them on a trip a few weeks ago, where we stayed at OKW. We were way down in the Southpoint area. I've heard from people that Walker will deliver to your Villa, but not the delivery person I had. On return, he called me and when I said that I was in the Southpoint section, he made it clear that he would wait for me at the Hospitality House until I got up there. After returning the scooter, it was a long walk to my villa, especially since I'd rented the scooter because I don't walk well.

Post Thanks / Like

We are just back and used Apple again. No problems! Happy dance.
    Simba's Mom - sounds like your need for a scooter is very much like mine. When, at OKW, I return my scooter to the bell service area and I just wait for a Disney Springs bus to come by and ride it back to the bus stop in the area we are staying. With Disney Springs busses Hospitality House is the first stop after entering OKW. The park buses at HH are the last stops as they leave OKW.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: