Quantcast Food And Wine Festival Starts Today - September 14 and Runs Thru November 14!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Food And Wine Festival Starts Today - September 14 and Runs Thru November 14!

62 Delicious Festival Days Run Sept. 14-Nov. 14, 2016

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Top celebrity chefs, brand new Disney resort cooking and dining experiences and irresistible Eat to the Beat dining packages will add fresh twists to the 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase at Walt Disney World Resort.

The annual Disney celebration of global flavors, running 62 days from Sept. 14-Nov. 14, has become one of America’s top food festivals and features inspired sips and bites at more than 30 marketplaces. And for the second consecutive year, ABC’s Emmy Award-winning lifestyle series, “The Chew,” will produce a full week of programs from the festival. “Chew” hosts Mario Batali, Carla Hall, Michael Symon, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz will share their Disney culinary adventures and tasty recipes before Epcot audiences Oct. 5-7 in shows scheduled to air Oct. 10-14.

More news fresh from festival planners:

Iron Chefs Geoffrey Zakarian and Masaharu Morimoto, “Chopped” judge Maneet Chauhan and other celebrated chefs including Elliott Farmer and Graham Elliot will fire up the burners to host their very first festival special events. Other chef icons like Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Norman Van Aken, Elizabeth Falkner, Buddy Valastro and Jamie Deen will return to entertain guests and inspire their palates at premium events that include Party for the Senses grand tastings featuring new entertainment.

Nearly 50 percent of the global marketplace food items are new or reimagined dishes. Just some of the new flavors include: hard soda floats at Desserts & Champagne, savory vegan “nachos” at the Greece marketplace, sweet quesitos with guava sauce at the new Islands of the Caribbean kiosk and peanut butter and white chocolate mousse at The Chew Collective. Festival guests can pair food with wines, beers, cocktails and ciders as they stroll the promenade guided by a complimentary festival passport.

First-time festival resort experiences include Brunch with a Twist at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa; Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef for a hands-on chef’s table experience in a professional working kitchen; The Secret of Flavor three-course lunch that gives guests a “sensory-food connection” at Yachtsman Steakhouse; and a tropical “Zombie” encounter during Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.

New “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops at the Festival Center will offer guests a chance to learn a variety of culinary skills from chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros.

For a second year, global marketplaces will extend into Future World to offer a wider range of taste sensations. New this year in Future World are: The Chew Collective, the Wine & Dine Studio, Chocolate Studio and Greenhouse Guru; plus Islands of the Caribbean marketplace debuts in World Showcase.

Eat to the Beat Dining Packages give music fans a chance to guarantee seats at an Eat to the Beat concert and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of many popular Epcot restaurants, including Chefs de France, Le Cellier and Spice Road Table.

Speaking of Eat to the Beat, multiple new Eat to the Beat concert acts debut; fan favorites return to play 186 festival concerts in all –Wang Chung (Everybody Have Fun Tonight!) will open the Eat to the Beat concert series Sept. 14-15. Eight new acts in the concert series lineup — including Wang Chung, Plain White T’s, Delta Rae and Toad The Wet Sprocket – will rock their chart-topping tunes. Other popular acts, including Wilson Phillips, Boyz II Men and Jeffrey Osbourne, will return to the America Gardens Theatre stage this fall.

Celebrity chefs, wine experts and mixologists join the fun – Celebrities ranging from Rock Harper to master sommelier Andrea Robinson will share their food and beverage know-how during culinary demos, beverage seminars and a variety of other events spanning the festival’s 62 days.

The popular Festival Private Label California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are back and available by the bottle or by the glass.

Ratatouille returns — Chef Remy of “Ratatouille” returns with his fun-for-the-family culinary scavenger hunt that features six brand-new collectible pins this year.

Festival Center buzzes with activity–Festival Center highlights will include new festival merchandise, the complimentary Back to Basics weekend series featuring epicurean tips and tricks from the pros, book and bottle signings and The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar, hosted by Ghirardelli and offering guest samples.

Premium events like Rockin’ Burger Block Party and Party for the Senses grand tastings will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips from eminent chefs and beverage experts plus new live entertainment.

Intimate dining and tasting events to book will include the “Umami” Tokyo Pairing and other Epcot restaurant experiences as well as multi-course lunches and dinners at Disney Springs and resort restaurants.

Members can rest and recharge at the Chase Lounge – Chase debit and credit card members –including Disney Visa card members — will find complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable seating for a relaxing break at the Chase Lounge at The American Adventure pavilion.

Included with Epcot Admission:

Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Festival Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.

Special Programming by Reservation:

The Party for the Senses and Rockin’ Burger Block Party grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for reservations and get details at epcotfoodfestival.com.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we will be attending Sunday..then i will be there several other days. she has to leave earlier than me....... i posted under theme parks for reviews of it today or the next few days. If you need to move the post here please do. we were there last year and tried a few diff things.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter was there as it opened this morning. She is excited about all the offerings. I can not wait until I get there the end of October!

Post Thanks / Like

"Members can rest and recharge at the Chase Lounge – Chase debit and credit card members –including Disney Visa card members — will find complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable seating for a relaxing break at the Chase Lounge at The American Adventure pavilion."

Have they moved from the Imagination Pavilion?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post

Have they moved from the Imagination Pavilion?
    The DVC lounge is in the Imagination pavilion. This is for Chase cardholders (Disney Visa). Two separate things.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time going in the fall and I am really interested in this festival. But I can't seem to find "easy to follow" explanations. I understand that there are demonstrations and tasting, but is it pay as you go? Do you need a specific ticket or just EPCOT admission. Can anyone give me "first timer" information?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    I understand that there are demonstrations and tasting, but is it pay as you go? Do you need a specific ticket or just EPCOT admission. Can anyone give me "first timer" information?
    My first food and wine festival was last year. We did not participate in any of the demonstrations, so I cannot speak to that.

You will need park admission to Epcot, but for the tasting it is pay as you go. What they do is set up multiple kiosks in World Showcase and some in the transition area between Future World and World Showcase. That is where you can purchase the tasting size portion of the item.

One thing I did in advance of going which I found very helpful, is I went online and searched out what foods were being offered at each kiosk for that year. I was able to locate a website that had a description as well as a picture of each item offered at the kiosks and I just made a list of what I wanted to make sure I tried. For example, Belgium - waffles, Canada - Filet Mignon or whatever.

It worked out well for us. Also, there is so much to taste, if you are going with someone you don't have a problem sharing food with, I would recommend that you consider sharing one sample portion between the two of you. The only one we did not split was the Filet at the Canada kiosk and we each got our own of that. We were completely stuffed by the time we made it all around and that was even with sharing.

If you are a Disney Visa Chase cardholder, take advantage of the lounge in the American Adventure Pavilion. It is a nice place to cool down, sit down and get something to drink.

Whelp, that's all I've got, although I would recommend getting there at 11 am right when the kiosks open. I would not go on a weekend if I could avoid it and also try to be done by 5 pm or so, as that is when the local population will start coming in and it will get real busy. There is a lot of alcohol served and some come simply to "Drink Around the World". If that is not your scene and/or you wish to avoid the bad guest behavior that can accompany heavy alcohol consumption, make sure you leave the park earlier than later.

Have a great time!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the info. It gives me a better understanding of what we are getting into.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time going in the fall and I am really interested in this festival. But I can't seem to find "easy to follow" explanations. I understand that there are demonstrations and tasting, but is it pay as you go? Do you need a specific ticket or just EPCOT admission. Can anyone give me "first timer" information?
    In addition to the great information the Cer gave you there are also tastings, demonstrations and seminars that run about $15 each and are by reservation. If your looking for something a bit more extravagant there are tasting dinners available too. You can find information about these on the Disney site.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your stomach is as empty as possible. Try everything you can, and don't forget the France, lemon citron drink.. MMM>...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a listing of the Countries participating as well as the foods offered. What are the top ones.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Just your Epcot admission. then go to the booths around the countries at World Showcase and pay for the food and drinks that you want to try. there are special seminars and dinners etc that cost more. I havent done any of the paid for seminars or dinners, just ate the food from the booths and drank. there was a free hops seminar one year explaining how its used in beer and some samples
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have been able to attend three out of the past five festivals. It really is Disney for Adults. We have attended seminars, lunches, dinners and have eaten and drank around the world - responsively.

1) Avoid weekends if possible
    2) Arrive with an appetite
    3) Try something different
    4) Attend a special experience
    5) Make sure your wallet is full
    6) Enjoy!
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite