Quantcast Airport Transport

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airport Transport

Hey guys, Disney World expert, only 1 time Disneyland visitor way back in 2006. We will be visiting in late January and we are trying to decide on airports and how to get to the area.

We will be staying at the Hyatt Place down Harbor Blvd. From what I can tell the easiest way would be for us to fly into John Wayne and then taxi from the airport to the hotel and back but this will cost us roughly $200 more than if we flew into LAX.

What are your recommendations from getting from LAX to the resort area? I have looked into the Grey Line and I see wildly varying reviews. Some say it's fine others say they would rather walk than use them again. I see that our hotel is not a listed stop but there are several nearby and we don't mind walking at all. Has any one used this before? Do you recommend it? Would you recommend another transport company that I may not have been able to find?

I only visited Disneyland for a single day back in 06 when we came for the Rose Bowl so I am trying to learn what I can!

Thank you for any help you can provide!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We used GoLansky for out DL trip. The owner Daniel was very nice to work with and they did have a DL resort discount on their website.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We used GoLansky for out DL trip.
    Ditto.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    We just got back yesterday and I wanted to share our experience using Uber. We are regular Uber riders at home, so we had high confidence and experience using them. I researched pricing for a lot of different ways and Uber was the best pricing for our trip. My two boys (teenagers) and I arrived at LAX (we had $36 fares) from Phoenix. Upon landing I requested an Uber and within 10-12 minutes he arrived. The cost at 8:30am on a Friday morning to Embassy Suites, Anaheim South to drop off luggage and then drop us off at the drop off parking lot was $48.50. My husband flew into Orange County that evening and Uber'ed it to the hotel for $21.00. We then Uber'ed to and from the parks each day. The cost for 4 of us total was from $5-8 each way. Yesterday, we requested Uber to pick us up from the GCH at 4:30pm and stop by the hotel to get our luggage before heading to SNA. The cost was $17.54. Orginally, I had booked a rental car for us which was $98 plus $15 hotel parking and then either ART or Uber each day to to/from the parks. I highly recommend Uber if you've never tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips.

I have never used Uber before and I'm reluctant to do it...just feel like I could be getting into the car of a psyco... But I hear they are ok?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: