Quantcast Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land Opening Time Scale

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land Opening Time Scale

We were at Hollywood Studios last Saturday (we have FL resident passes). One of the cast members at Toy Story Mania commented on my Star Wars shirt, and I then asked him and the other cast member there if they knew when Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land would be opened. They told me that they were told 4 - 6 years for Toy Story Land and 6 - 8 years for Star Wars Land. I was guessing about 2019 - 2020 for Star Wars Land (I may have saw this on an article once as well), but I would not have imagined it could take up to 8 years from now (2024) before Star Wars Land would open. I guess I could see about 4 years for Toy Story Land, but 6 years seems a bit much. Has anyone else heard this?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh...I don't think it will take half that long to be honest. I have heard very respectable sources say Disney ia aiming for a late 2018 opening for SW land at Disneyland, at least. It appears they are striving for simultaneous openings at both WDW and DL too. Seeing the rate of construction at Disneyland over the past several months, I think late 2018 is totally feasible.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

4. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we get an official announcement at D23 Summer 2017 that sections plan to open Spring 2019.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it funny (not really) that it may take them several years to open just one of these "lands", and then think that over a similar time frame - a good 5-6 years - and without all of the advancements of today they built the entire first phase of WDW from a swamp. Contemporary and POLY resorts, FW campground, MK park, two golf courses, monorail system....I'm sure Walt's rolling his eyes somewhere in disbelief
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

if Universal hands them another attendance beating this year like last year i'm sure pressure will be on to complete some of these projects because they are not on pace with them for adding new attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mean to slam anyone - truly - but if you happen to know any Cast Members personally, they will tell you RUMORS are simply rampant among them. They are never privy to classified information. Never. Oh, they talk and pass around "information" but it is almost never correct. I think we all know it will not be 8 years before Star Wars Land opens.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The opening year for the new Star Wars Lands at Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios were announced today:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be opening in 2019! Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger just made the announcement many of you have been so anxious to hear during today’s Walt Disney Company Q1 FY17 Earnings call.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

10. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: