Quantcast a quick accessible cabin review/fort wilderness review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default a quick accessible cabin review/fort wilderness review

Hi All,

We are home from our stay in a Fort Wilderness accessible cabin. As promised, here is a quick review (with a link to photos at: https://goo.gl/photos/DPH6C35j6txYNcoM8)

The pros: the cabins are HUGE! I had no idea that they would be that big. There was plenty of room on the deck, in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The living room area was smaller than the rest, with "comfy" seating only for three (2 on the couch, an one in the chair), but to be honest, we were seldom sitting all together in the living room.

The pullout was fine, comfy enough and the extra storage was appreciated. We did bring a fitted sheet to save having to deal with the flat one every night.

The fridge/freezer is great, with an ice maker and water in the door. We drank A LOT of water, and it was great to always have it cold and ready.

The new stovetop is fine, worked well, no complaints. We didn't use the convection part of the microwave/convection oven, so no comments.

The bathroom was lovely, and the roll-in/walk-in shower didn't get all over the bathroom like I was worried it would. There is a lack of storage space in the bathroom, but we managed without too much trouble.

The bedroom is much wider than I expected. The bed is a queen and although it was a very soft mattress, it was comfortable for one person. I'd feel like I was falling out if I had to share with someone. The bunk beds were surprisingly a hit with our group. My teenage daughter loved "her castle" and my Mom was comfy in the bottom bunk. The storage seemed small, until we started to unpack and realize that we had found a place for everything without an issue.

In the accessible cabins the grill is on the deck, right outside the front door. This made cooking super easy, and we did it a few times during our trip.

We did see some wildlife, the regular rabbits, lizards, squirrels, frogs, as well as some deer and something in the water that my mother swears was an alligator, but we're not sure we agree with her.

The not-pros: housekeeping was terrible. We got one day of the famous "cabin" housekeeping and then we had to beg them to come at all the rest of the time. There were many, many phone calls to the housekeeping manager.

It was lovely to park our car at our door, but the parking pad was quite small and we were challenged to fit both our car and the golf cart on it.

Fort Wilderness is a huge place! If you get the DDP mugs it is a super pain to fill them (and not to mention the swarm of bees that was often found around the drink station)

Finally, I hated the pools. They are both super shallow! I'd like something deeper than 4 feet! (and the main pool was 3'9" at all places!) There is a kids splash area, but my kid is too big for it. This was the only real let down of the trip, I wanted a better pool.

I know a few people are planning a cabin trip, so if there is anything I can help with, or any questions I can answer, please just let me know.

Heather
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

2. Thanks WDWdriver, eam thanked for this post
    Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The pictures were very helpful. I will be taking in accessible cabin in October. I was wondering what loop you were in and is there one you would recommend for being close to transportation. Thanks!
    Poly 3/88
    Ft.W 5/00
    DL 7/01
    CR 1/04
    Pop 9/05
    POR 3/06
    CBR 9/06
    CSR 1/07
    Poly 6/07
    POR 10/07
    WL Villas 2/08
    CSR 5/08
    Poly 9/08

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. We haven't stayed in the cabins for a looooong time and certainly not since they were updated. I also know the accessible cabins are likely larger in space than the others.

I'm really surprised about the housekeeping issues - that was never a problem when we stayed but like I said that was quite some time ago.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We were in loop 2500, and it is closest to the smaller pool with a bus stop right at the end of the loop. I loved it, and would always recommend that loop. The good news is that the other accessible cabins are in loop 2800, and it also has a bus stop right at the end of the loop. Transportation was wonderful, since Mom and her ECV couldn't zip around on the golf cart with us. She never waited too long for a bus and she found it easy to load and unload.

The only transportation issue we had at all was going to MK one day, when only one of the boats could accommodate her ECV. It made for quite a wait!

In terms of getting the loop you want, I did the online check-in, and requested "loop 2500" and "close to pool", and ended up in 2500, just like a I wanted.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the accessible notes!

great job, Heather!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: