Quantcast Perfect Lunch - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Lunch

Post Thanks / Like

And a definite yes to Kona Café! It is a must do for us when we go. I love their lunch special, I get the Teriyaki steak and it comes with yummy Hawaiian pasta salad and sticky rice. Yes, It's heavy on the carbs, but ohhhhh it is so good!

What is a Zebra Dome?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was by myself and wanted to relax I'd choose the Grand Floridian Café or Kona Cafe
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to circle back and thank everyone for the suggestions. I actually tried to make a lunch ADR on the way down for Morimoto and couldn't get one. I was afraid to go all the way to Disney Springs without an ADR so I ended up having a nice lunch of dumplings and sushi roll at Kona Cafe. I did some pin trading and walked around the resort before checking in at our hotel.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds amazing...I wish I had the luxury of doing that! I would go with Sanaa I think. Its always been one of my favorites.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

6. Likes LandFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My fav lunch is at the extremely beautiful Sanaa at AKL-Kidani! I usually get a bunch of their awesome apps (the shrimp and the lamb sliders are amazing along with their large bread service with tons of dips to try) and watch the safari animals outside the window. There is nothing like eating lunch while watching giraffes and Ankole cattle walk by...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

The lounge at Sanaa, for sure. Probably the best bar on property. There won't be a wait at lunchtime, the food is great and you get to hang out at Animal Kingdom Lodge before or after your meal.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    When we get to Disneyworld we always go to Earl of Sandwich for lunch but one time we did Wolfgang Puck Express and it was good too. Both are in Disney Springs.
    I agree with both of these!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

While an older thread, I'll toss in my opinions in case someone else comes along.
    Morimoto Asia - nice vibe, good food, good wine list
    Sanaa - best bread service in the World, though it's non-traditional; good wine and drink list
    Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar - good drinks, good wine, and a solid bar food menu
    Paradiso 37 - Excellent guacamole and a fine drink list

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate you chiming in, I'm headed back down next week for another "Perfect Lunch"!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely go with Kona Cafe or Sanaa. We just got back and had excellent meals at both. Not to rain on the Morimoto parade, but we had a terrible experience there about 2 weeks ago. Our food was very blah- we love any kind of Asian, spicy food, and had high expectations. Very disappointed. The biggest issue was the kids meal- my little boy was served pretty much raw chicken nuggets- thank God my mom cut into them before he started eating them. They were pink...very pink on the inside. Thankfully the manager came right away, apologized, and took 30% off of our bill. But this mama did not enjoy the stress of the thought of my little one eating undercooked (and I mean it was pink and mushy, ugh!) chicken. That would have ended very badly! But Kona and Sanaa were both top notch. Also really enjoy The Wave at the CR. Sounds so lovely to grab a quiet lunch alone!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: