Quantcast Some October 2016 hours have been added

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some October 2016 hours have been added

Animal Kingdom has been extended to an 8:30 PM closing all month in October. Is Rivers of Light coming????? I hope so.

Hollywood Studios hours have been extended and the Star Wars fireworks shows added on a lot of days.

best,

...........john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Scuttlebutt (not sure it meets the low bar of a rumor even) is that RoL may be starting at the end of October, but I wouldn't read anything about that into Disney extending AK hours in October. All year they've been waiting until the last minute to publish a serious calendar for the parks. Food and Wine is at its height and I'm sure they'd like to move some of the crowds out of Epcot if they can. Longer hours at AK would help, since it's something different, even without RoL running.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Scuttlebutt (not sure it meets the low bar of a rumor even) is that RoL may be starting at the end of October, but I wouldn't read anything about that into Disney extending AK hours in October. All year they've been waiting until the last minute to publish a serious calendar for the parks. Food and Wine is at its height and I'm sure they'd like to move some of the crowds out of Epcot if they can. Longer hours at AK would help, since it's something different, even without RoL running.

Steve
    After just returning from a 2 week trip to WDW, I can't see AK hours extending past 9pm, except for truly crazy busy times, ever again. the entire 2 weeks, albeit during previously historical slower times (although we have gone in the same 2 weeks for the past 5 years and its never been a dead time, not lately) the park was dead after the first Jungle Book show. we have pictures at 9:30pm and we are the only ones in Dinoland, the only ones in Asia, the only ones by the Tree of Life, see where I'm going with this? there was no one in line for anything, not a few people, no one. the only time we saw anyone was by the tree of life during a projection scene (best projection of anything, hands down, amazing) on 2 occasions, the rest of the time it was virtually empty. We started going to AK most nights from 9-11pm (I'd say we did this 5-6 times in 12 days) and only once was there a wait for a ride (10 mins posted) for Expedition Everest, that was it. I had never seen 0 min posted wait times before, ever for EE, the Safari, and Primevil Whirl. and only 1 night was it remotely raining (actually it poured on our way out at 11)
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I was happy to see they did the same thing for some dates in Sept (later times for Epcot and AK and added Star Wars fireworks at the Studios!)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

They want you to plan so much stuff so far in advance, then they go and throw in a few monkey wrenches right before a trip... so aggravating. I know... first world problems, but it's still annoying.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: