Quantcast Star Wars Land Photo Updates

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Star Wars Land Photo Updates

I have been taking pictures of the construction going on for the new star wars land since June. I thought maybe some of you might be interested in seeing some of them.

This past Tuesday, Aug 30th, I took the following pictures that show walls actually starting to go up. Up till now, most of the work has just been moving dirt around.

These are my pictures hosted on my server - if there is a preferred way to do this, please let me know.

Also, i have quite a few more pictures I could post if there is any interest. Also, if the interest is there, I can continue to update with pictures every week or 2.

Enjoy!

Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2. Thanks NewDVCowner, MaryNuNu, Figment!, badkitty, tinkwest thanked for this post
    Likes magicofdisney, Lindsey, tinkwest liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Pics!

Thanks for sharing
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. My brain is trying to orient itself, but it isn't working. What are the "mountains" in the background? The one with snow on it and the one that kinda looks like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the Matterhorn and big thunder. This is in Disneyland.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding more pictures from my visit last night.

In several of these pictures, you can see a green fence that goes across the whole "land" at this point. This is a road that allows workers to get through the area.

Here you can see walls going up on the far side of this "road" and construction materials on the near side. That is Tower of Terror peaking out the top of the trees on the right side of the picture.

This picture shows the construction in relation to Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn.

Closeup of the same area

Matterhorn is on the right side of the picture and the blue and white "tents" on the left stage are the back of Mickey and the Magical Map.

Here you can see the back of Mickey and the Magical Map on the right side and that is toontown in the background in the middle. Disney offices are in the white buildings to the left. A note here, its in the area by these white buildings where you can see the fireworks shoot off at night.

A little closer look of a basement or underground area that im sure they will be building on top of.

Zoomed back a little bit so you can see the proximity of the roadways on the edge of their property.

A closer look at building materials that are laid out.

Second posting coming up with more pictures from on Thunder Mountain.

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

8. Likes NewDVCowner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NOTE: the pictures taken from on Thunder Mountain are rotated for some reason. If you right click and view picture in a new tab, you can see the original image in its upright format. Also, the picture will be larger.

These Next 3 pictures were taken from the 2nd climb hill as you crest the top.

After getting off Thunder Mountain, I walked up to the fence and was able to get this picture through the wooden slats. This is looking straight towards where Thunder Mountain Ranch use to be.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am to see the progress going on at DLR. I am going to work on getting some of my older pictures up soon. I also intend to update this post at least every couple of weeks!

10. Likes NewDVCowner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics. Thanks for posting. I still remember the excitement when, as a wee lad of about 10, we would go up into Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and look down into the giant gapping pit that would eventually become PotC. That was a very, very long wait.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now that I know it is Disneyland (not sure how that slipped past my attention), it makes more sense.

On an off note, even though I know this is about Star Wars, the pictures from Big Thunder showing the train made me smile and caused my tummy to flip a little. This is one of my favorite rides. Thanks for brightening my day.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Construction has come a long quite a bit in a few areas.

You can now make out where the train will pass through the area and several walls are going up.

More pictures for your viewing pleasure!

The first 3 pictures can show lots of progress being made in the area.
    Pictures taken from left to right

Zoomed in photo of the area with lots of walls going up.

In this photo on the left side you can see where the pedestrian tunnel will be to go under the train tracks.

14. Thanks tinkwest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Land Construction photo's update - DLR

These photos are arranged going left to right.

This first picture shows how close the new land is next to Disney Way.

They moved all the earth moving equipment to the top of this large dirt mound.
    Toon town in the background.

Magical Map at the back of this photo.

Tower of terror sans signs in background here.

16. Thanks NewDVCowner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, been a while since i have updated so today I am posting 2 sets of pictures. Some from Oct 2nd and some from Oct 26.

OCTOBER 2:

Post Thanks / Like

From Oct 26

NOTE: There is quite a bit of construction going on behind the tree's. there is not a good angle to be able to get pictures of what is going up back here. From the tram on the ride to DTD you can see the construction through the large fences with green screens up, but it does not allow for taking a photo of the area.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: