Quantcast Disney Swan and Dolphin Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Disney Swan and Dolphin Hotels

Hi Friends,

We are staying at WDW for a few days just prior to our Disney Cruise in November this year. We had booked a 1 one villa at Saratoga. But now, it seems there are NO discounts available. I was really counting on that because our cruise is really expensive. Also, most of the regular Disney Resort rooms seem to have already been filled.

In an effort to save money, I am considering another property. I did find rooms at the Swan Hotel. I've never considered staying there. I have read mixed reviews.

I don't care (for this trip) about the "Disney" theme factor. I'm looking for a comfy place for my husband and myself that is clean, modern and convenient.

Any and all comments are appreciated. I will not change my reservation away from Saratoga unless I am confident that moving to the Swan is a good substitute.

Thanks!
    Ruth
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at swan once for an "add on" night and it was just fine. They had the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in! It's been years since then, but we found nothing to complain about at the Swan resort.

Actually my least favorite resort I have stayed at in Disney has been Saratoga Springs. So I would actually probably pick swan or dolphin over Saratoga.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed there for conferences, and it is a great location. You are missing some of the Disney perks, but you can still use Disney transportation and take part in the Extra Magic Hours. I've seen some complaints, too, but no more than I've seen for Disney hotels. For me, no complaints. My rooms have been clean and well-maintained, and I like the whimsical feel of it. The location is my favorite thing about the Swan/Dolphin, though. You are walking distance (or boat) to Epcot and DHS with the usual bus service to other parks/locations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only thing to consider in looking is that the Swan and Dolphins have a "resort fee" that is in addition to the price per night so just be sure you know that amount before you book.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a number of points already made: if you read enough, you'll see mixed reviews about something with all the resorts! Swan is a nice place that might "feel" a bit less Disney, but is still a high quality resort and has a great location. Swan does have a tendency to surprise folks with some additional fees - including a fee to park your car if you have one with you.

For me, it would probably depend on how much you're saving. A 1BR at SS is pretty nice and very roomy - and even has in-room laundry (if that might make a difference with how you pack before you head out on the cruise). But if it's just a couple nights, the Swan should be just fine! Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I think the only thing to consider in looking is that the Swan and Dolphins have a "resort fee" that is in addition to the price per night so just be sure you know that amount before you book.
    It's now $25 per night and is mandatory do any room rate is actually that amount more than shown. If you have a car that costs $20 per night.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It's just okay. The restaurants are pretty good. But checkin..sheesh.. A show indeed. But if the price was right, i'd consider staying there again.. The best way to get to epcot. Love the boat and aft entrance.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed there before and will be doing so again this oct. It is a particularly good hotel if you are a frequent business traveler and an SPG member. If I still had little kids I would stay in a true Disney hotel. Now that it's just adults, the money I save vs a comparable Disney property more than makes up for the not-so-Disney feel. Plus Bluezoo is one of the best restaurants on property.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: