Quantcast Entertainment changes at DLR this Fall

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Entertainment changes at DLR this Fall

Welcome Back Favorite Entertainment Spectaculars at the Disneyland Resort this Fall

from the Disney Parks Blog:

With the dazzling Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration coming to a close on September 5, we’re pleased to announce that this fall will see the return of two favorite nighttime spectaculars.

At Disney California Adventure park, the original version of “World of Color” will be presented, beginning September 6, with all the great sequences of Disney animation and music you remember, from WALL-E and Eve zipping through the cosmos to Pocahontas exploring just around the riverbend.

Across the Esplanade at Disneyland park, you’ll once again be able to enjoy the timeless soundtrack of Disney’s “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks spectacular when it lights up the sky over Sleeping Beauty Castle Friday through Sunday evenings starting September 9. Versions of “Fantasy in the Sky” date back to 1958, when Walt Disney envisioned the show as a spectacular “kiss goodnight” for his Disneyland guests.

“World of Color” and “Fantasy in the Sky” will each be presented through the early November kickoff of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. So go ahead and plan your visit, and get your nostalgia on!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Paint the Night

Unfortunately I have also read that Paint the Night will be concluding its run after its September 5th performance. I don’t get that. That makes me sad.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paint the night ends soon😰

From insidethemagic.net

Today, Disneyland has announced a lot of ending dates for their special Disneyland Diamond Celebration entertainment and we now got confirmation from the

@DisneylandToday Twitter account that ‘Paint the Night’ parade will also have its final performance on September 5th.

The parade is joining ‘World of Color Celebrate!’ and ‘Disneyland Forever” fireworks in having its final performance on this day. No information has been given on what will replace the parade or if it will return. Some rumors have been circulating that the ‘Paint the Night’ parade will be showing up at Walt Disney World, but as with all rumors take that with a grain of salt.

Sad if true.

Post Thanks / Like

Boo! (Not you, Justin, but to them for taking away the parade and fireworks.)
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Fantasy in the Sky the five minute or less display they were using while they were preparing Disneyland Forever? If so, that show was disappointing.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a bummer, PTN was the best parade I've ever seen at any Disney park (even my beloved SpectroMagic!) and the Disneyland Forever fireworks were like a piece of art. I do feel so very lucky I got to see both. If the additional rumors are true, hopefully PTN will make its way to Orlando!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Isn't Fantasy in the Sky the five minute or less display they were using while they were preparing Disneyland Forever? If so, that show was disappointing.
    Yes, Fantasy in the Sky was the name of the show that ran from January of 2015 up until the Disneyland Forever show began in mid-May of that year. I never saw that show. Was it really only five minutes? If so I can't see them bringing it back "as is". Surely they will have added to it. Disneyland has used the title Fantasy in the Sky for several fireworks displays over the last 60+ years, so maybe that is kind of a work in progress title. Hopefully they will have improved on what you saw last year.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

A formal announcement today has revealed Paint the Night will end its "regular" run this Fall, but will still have run on select nights during the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks &Resorts

“Paint the Night” parade will continue nightly performances through September 5 as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration ... this popular parade will return on select nights during the holiday season later this year.
    The Main Street Electrical Parade will run for a limited engagement early next year:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
    ... night time at Disneyland park will get even brighter with the return of Main Street Electrical Parade early next year! Twenty years since it last glowed down Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park, this “spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination” will return for a limited-time encore engagement.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

11. Thanks tinkwest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful news. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will be glad they get a few more times to enjoy Paint the Night. And since PtN is leaving anyway, I am excited to hear that MSEP is coming back - even if it is just for a limited time! I wonder if Tinker Bell or the Blue Fairy will lead the way?
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    A formal announcement today has revealed Paint the Night will end its "regular" run this Fall, but will still have run on select nights during the Holiday Season:

The Main Street Electrical Parade will run for a limited engagement early next year:
    ...So if PTN isn't leaving Anaheim, what is left for Magic Kingdom in Orlando? Spectromagic floats were discontinued, right? I have a hard time wrapping my head around no night time parade at MK. Unless there is something 100% new in the works there.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024