Quantcast Sleeper sofas replace Murphy beds?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeper sofas replace Murphy beds?

We’ve long been fond of using the murphy bed we stayed in a Fort Wilderness cabin.

I have recently read reviews of the cabins that speak of the switch from Murphy bed to sleeper sofa – some like it, others not so much.

We are booked for a wheelchair accessible cabin in December. The Details listing the beds include a sleeper sofa. I am assuming cabins are being redecorated – and I allow we could have Murphy bed or sleeper sofa this stay.

Does anyone reading this have any experience with Fort Wilderness cabins sleeper sofas? What size is =the mattress? – full or queen?

One posted review said he wished he had brought a mattress topper for the sleeper sofa – that’s something I can easily do if I know what to bring.

My family like the cabins at Foot Wilderness!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that they cabin refurbishment which started in November was completed earlier this year. The sleeper sofa is queen size as is the bed in the master. If you google Fort Wilderness Cabin Renovations you'll find photos of the completed cabins. IMO the kitchens looks so much better but they've gone from a 4 burner to 2 burner cooktop. Additionally, the oven is gone and has been replaced by a microwave/convection oven over the counter.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

LOKKING ,ORE I HAVE HERD TH SOFA BED IS A QUEEN. tHE BED IN THE BEDROOM IS NOW QUEEN SIZE. ALL IS WEL

Post Thanks / Like

We've booked an accessible cabin for August, so if no one else has first-hand experience, I promise to take lots of pictures and give you the scoop!

Yes, all the murphy beds are gone, and I've also heard to bring a fitted sheet for the sleeper sofa, the other ones just slip right off.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I believe!
    I woul certainly welcome accessible cabins sleeper sofa details after your August adventure. If I know how to make that bed better(mattress topper &fitted sheet) I will arrive well prepared

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned yesterday from our very first stay in a cabin (LOVED IT) and I opted to let the kids sleep in the bedroom and I stayed on the pull out sofa. I thought the mattress was extremely comfortable and couldn't believe I was actually sleeping on a pull out. I slept great every night!!! It's a queen sized mattress. The bottom sheet is not fitted but we had no problem with it. There is a mattress pad on there as well. I have arthritis in my hips and I can say that I had no stiffness getting out of bed in the morning. For me, I wouldn't say a mattress topper is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    We just returned yesterday from our very first stay in a cabin (LOVED IT) and I opted to let the kids sleep in the bedroom and I stayed on the pull out sofa. I thought the mattress was extremely comfortable and couldn't believe I was actually sleeping on a pull out. I slept great every night!!! It's a queen sized mattress. The bottom sheet is not fitted but we had no problem with it. There is a mattress pad on there as well. I have arthritis in my hips and I can say that I had no stiffness getting out of bed in the morning. For me, I wouldn't say a mattress topper is needed.
    Wooo Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting. The sleeper in our cabin (an accessible cabin) was a double. We did bring a double fitted sheet, and it meant that we didn't need to remake the bed/tuck it in every night.

DH slept on the pull-out every night, and there were no complaints! In fact, the beds in the bedroom were too soft, and I think the pull-out was more comfortable.

I have a ton of pictures, which I will get up and shared as soon as I can.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Beliver!

It looks like there's a double fitted sheet in my future. Thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing you pictures.

i used to have POFQ as my Disney Home until I became the grandparent who books cabins at FortWilderness. At FW, we have moved from a few days to a week+ with my son and co-planner making super plans.

=

Post Thanks / Like

I would bring a queen....just in case. To me, it seemed larger than a double. This is from allears:

The final changes to mention are the ones that happened in the living area. The Murphy Bed is gone! In its place is a new queen sleeper sofa upholstered in a material that will repel just about anything that you could think of spilling on it including red wine! I find the color a bit too light for the decor but am happy that they addressed the possibility of spills happening on the furniture.

Either way -- I agree that it was very comfortable. Next year we are back to the WL....I'm going to miss the cabins and the whole resort. Loved it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: