Quantcast Should i or shouldn't I

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should i or shouldn't I

I'd like to hear every one's review on staying at fort wilderness. Good or bad. Pretty certain i'll be staying here next, just want to see the good vs bad
    șoș șoș

Polynesian-Dec 1984
    Grosvenor-Dec 1988
    Polynesian-Jan 2002
    Polynesian-Dec 2003
    Pop century-Jan 2005
    All Star Sports- Jan 2008
    All Star Movies Dec 2014
    Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov 2017
    All Star Music-Oct 2018
    Fort Wilderness-Jan 2022
    Pop Century-Nov 2023

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great question - I can't wait to hear all of the answers. We took the plunge, I've wanted to stay here for a while, so we've rented a cabin for the end of August.

(hoping the replies are positive)
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Our very first Disney trip was a tent camping trip in Fort Wilderness. It's felt like my "home" every since!!! After several "roughing it" tent trips to Fort Wilderness (nicest campground I've ever been in!!), we spent several trips in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. We have wonderful memories of our stays at Fort Wilderness and the only reason we don't stay there now is because we are vacation club owners. Even after we started staying staying at other resorts, we would often visit Fort Wilderness. Now, when they say "Welcome Home", I'm still reminded of our first Disney trip and our first "home" - Fort Wilderness.

Can you tell I'm a fan of Fort Wilderness??!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Thanks Disney-Nut thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best campground ever!!!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

We always camped at the Fort growing up. Since then , I have often rented the cabins for my family. I have taken my own trailer there many times, and I have recently rented a trailer and had it set up on a site so we could enjoy the Fort. Even since joining DVC, we make an effort to do Hoop De Do or make so other excuse so we can come enjoy one of the most memorable and unique parts about my favorite place.
    short answer: YES
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We have tent camped there twice now and are returning in December. Pretty sure we've found our Disney "home."
    Pros: Our family of six doesn't have to pay for two rooms or a suite; we can all stay together.
    The pools are wonderful, more like a deluxe resort, with value pricing.
    The busses are rarely full, coming or going.
    The comfort stations are some of the nicest we've ever encountered.
    Trails End is rarely fully-booked, so you can walk in to a TS meal at the resort.
    Cons: There isn't a CS restaurant, so no quick breakfast before heading to the parks.
    Late night potty trips are no fun. (This only applies if you aren't staying in a cabin).
    If you happen to be on a site by inconsiderate campers, it can make or break a trip.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Never went, but thought I'd suggest you look up Fort Wilderness trip videos on YouTube. They are helpful in seeing how other guests use FW.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

10. Likes Disney-Nut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

w've had great experiences on our FW stays.
    I used to make rest of my family isn't up yet golf cart run to the store at the meadows. It was fun to see a young father carrying 3 cane fishing polls as 2 skipping youngsters followed him down the path.

Go to the campfire/movie at least once. Kids like s'mores outside more than fancy desserts.

You can lead a pony with your 4 YO on it or taje a trail ride with your middlescooler.

The meadows pool has a water slide and a first rate little kids water play area.

At FW, THE 10 minute boat ride to the MK IS A FUN RIDE AT dISNEY wORLD. or you cab catch a resort boat to the CR and visit Chef Mickey or hop the monorail to any of the other MK area resorts, When our now 10 YO WAS 3, our server at the family style dinner at the "Poly" asked us, "what dies o'Hana mean?" our little guy said, "Monorail!"

At your cabin you can scramble eggs or grill steaks.

Have a great time!

12. Thanks Disney-Nut thanked for this post
    Likes Disney-Nut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of our trips are in Fort Wilderness. We have DVC and have stayed most resorts at wdw. Fort is our favorite. It gives you a chance to recover from the stimulus of parks and hotel lobbies and restaurants. We love the campground. Its very clean and happy and so much to do there. The food is great and I love that there is a hot tub at the pools. Theres really nothing bad about it. We have stayed in hot and cold and in a tent every time. Do it! Its so worth the experience. We usually bring our home with us and practically move in though. bring comfort stuff like a microwave and lights and busways.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

14. Likes Disney-Nut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay at either the Poly or WL. This past August, we stayed in a cabin for the very first time and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. To me, Fort Wilderness is like a whole town in and of itself. You have the Disney feel but it's a lot more peaceful and quiet than one of the other resorts. The pools are great, we went to the Chip n Dale campfire, and we loved driving around at night on the golf cart just taking it all in. The only con I found was the take out breakfast we got one day (I usually made breakfast every morning). It was cold and greasy and just wasn't good. Otherwise, everything else was fabulous! Even the pull out couch was comfy!!!! We booked again for next year on a bounceback and depending on how many people are going, we're thinking of staying there again.

Post Thanks / Like

My new favorite Resort!!! Love everything about FT. Wilderness I am going to rent an RV next time we go. We always stay in the cabins and I love that they remodeled them. We really relax and enjoy the piece and quiet the resort offers. Late night drives in the golf cart are the best.. I really wanted to be there for Halloween and New Years, but they book a year in advance , so I'm already looking at next year for sure, Oh and my all time favorite is the decorations everyone puts up around the RV's.. love driving (golf cart) and seeing what everyone has put up. We decorated the golf cart and the cabin for the 4th of July and it was great.. Can't wait to go back.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: