Quantcast New Beginnings

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New Beginnings

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Beginnings

May 8 - Mother's Day

I decided to name this trip report new beginnings, because I truly feel like my family is starting a new and better chapter. We have faced my son's deployment, my near death medical problems, my daughter's emergency c-section and the myriad of hundreds of daily things that people have to deal with. This was going to be our first trip back to Disney together as a family since 2005. We also had some new additions.
    Cast -
    Myself : 44 year old first time grandma
    DS 26: I am so thankful that he came home safely
    DS 26's girlfriend : Has never been to Disney. Loves Harry Potter. Is a foodie.
    DS 24: Goes along with anything as long as his gf is there.
    DS 24's girlfriend: Has been to Disneyland only once before
    DD22: Will make a fine Disney matriach when I am gone. She can plan with the best of us.
    DD22's boyfriend: Went to Disneyland when he was young. Doesn't have a clue about anything Disney.
    DGD 6 months old: First trip obviously

I flew home from my contract in Virginia yesterday. The flight was good. Southwest always comes through
    We were up early for a very special Mother's Day. My granddaughter was getting dedicated in my mother's church. Keeping a baby's white dress spotless is quite a chore.
    After church, we went to Sweet Tomato for Mother's Day lunch. This was my peace offering to the mothers of my children's significant others, since I was stealing them away on Mother's Day. We wound up having such a good time, that I called the Jazz Kitchen to see if we could push back our dinner reservation time. The girl on the phone said that it actually helped them out, since they were slammed for Mother's Day. Our new reservation time was 9:30 pm.
    After lunch, we started the long drive. I expected it to take a lot longer with a 3 vehicle caravan, but it went by pretty quickly. I may have gotten a little bored in the backseat - posting pics on Facebook with my Maleficent hat andthe rose my daughter had given me for Mother's Day. Soon we were pulling up to Paradise Pier, and I was dancing in my seat.
    The fireworks started while we walking to Downtown Disney for our dinner reservations. It was a grand way to kick off our vacation. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen was a great choice for our first meal. Everyone enjoyed their food. The service was excellent.
    Our table was outside and big enough for everyone to fit, but small enough for everyone to hear everyone else. We had two of those big outside heaters to keep us warm.
    Lillian, the baby, got thirsty and the age old struggle between parent and grandparent began. Instead of giving her a bottle, I let her drink water out of my glass. I could hear my daughter saying " Mom, she doesn't know how to drink out of a glass." Well, she learned pretty quickly and amused herself with drinking out of grandma's glass for quite a while.
    For dessert, I ordered beignets and double chocolate bread pudding souffles. The bread pudding souffle was a bigger hit than the beignets. I had images of The Princess and the Frog dancing in my head though.
    We checked into our rooms, and I was happy to see that we had connecting rooms. Since I am a travel nurse, we had the packages held at the hotel for us. I didn't want to take the chance of them being mailed to somewhere I had left. It was like opening presents on Christmas Day. I also have the Chase Disney debit card. The pictures frames we got due to that were cute.
    After sorting out who wanted which character on their park tickets, looking through the coupon book, and printing out our Universal tickets, we headed to bed. It had been a long day, and we had early plans for the morning.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait - Chase has a Disney DEBIT? This is fantastic news. We're debit only people. Do you earn rewards on it like the CC?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great beginning to your new chapter!

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    Wait - Chase has a Disney DEBIT? This is fantastic news. We're debit only people. Do you earn rewards on it like the CC?
    No rewards but you are entitled to the perks.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Sounds like a great beginning to your new chapter!

No rewards but you are entitled to the perks.
    I Googled after reading this thread. Same perks I get as an AP and DVC member, and I'd have to open a Chase checking account. Oh, well.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream