Quantcast Cruse ships take their departing time seriously

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cruse ships take their departing time seriously

While this is not the Disney Cruise Line it does show that a cruise ship doesn't care what your personal issues are if you miss the return time.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/04/2...her-kids-board

Talk about missing the boat!

A distraught mother was left sobbing and pleading at a Nassau, Bahamas, pier as her cruise ship sailed off with her young children on board.

A YouTube video, taken from a deck of the Norwegian Breakaway, shows the mother and her husband pull up in a golf cart just as the ship is departing.

The mother drops to her knees, waving desperately to capture the crew's attention.

"You see that right there? That is someone that has missed the boat," the man behind the video camera says. "And, apparently, she has her kids on the boat, and she’s not on there."

Norwegian Cruise Line said in a statement that the mother did not return to the ship by the "widely communicated scheduled all aboard time of 5:30 p.m."

After the ship waited 30 minutes for the mother, the father left the boat to find her, leaving their two children on board with their uncle and his family.

Unfortunately, they made it back just in time to watch the ship sail away.

The cruise line offered travel and lodging assistance to the couple and made arrangements to reunite them with their family at another stop along the cruise route.

Watch the video above.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they aren't joking!

I love how they think that they can be late, and the ship will wait. I'm glad there was someone on board to take care of the kids, it is quite a story they will have to tell.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That is called being irresponsible. The ship waited an HOUR beyond its scheduled departure time for this woman, who was obviously just shopping. The husband got off the ship with their documents after discussing with the ship's officers. The kids had other relatives on board. The father knew the ship was going to leave without them. This is 100% not the cruise line's fault.

Stay on ship time, everyone, and be back an hour before it is scheduled to depart!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The only ones I feel for in this situation are the children.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would be more important than making sure I am on the boat with my children.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

6. Thanks BrerGnat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We always enjoy watching the dock as departure time approaches. We like to see how many runners we can count. You'd be surprised at the number we have seen. We have only been on three cruises and yet at every port there is at least one person running to get back on board.

Completely irresponsible of her. I hope it cost them quite a bit to get back home. I'm sure she won't do that again.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, not sure how his is news... Travel time between ports takes fuel efficiency I to account. Having to wait an hour costs real money in terms of excessive fuel cost. The boat WILL leave without you. This is why we always arrive a day before the cruise. I'll have to remember to watch for runners, sounds like fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That makes me both sad for her and mad at her! I mean, what was she thinking? That the departure times are subjective? On my next cruise, I will watch for runners too! Sounds crazy!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason you should feel bad for the kids is that they have irresponsible parents. The kids were with other relatives and were not left alone. Probably just confused on why their parents would allow this to happen.

I hope that turtle band made of shells and plastic eyes was worth the trouble.

17 - OS (DL)
    17 - Yacht
    17 - Sequoia (DLP)
    15, 16 - Poly
    14 - GC (DL)
    14 - Fantasy
    13 - Poly
    12 - Dream
    09 - Magic
    08 - Poly/Wonder
    07 - Magic
    06 - Poly/Wonder
    02, 03, 04, 05 - Poly
    01 - AS Movies
    98, 99 - AS Music
    78, 89, 91 (DL), 93, 97 OS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    The only ones I feel for in this situation are the children.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would be more important than making sure I am on the boat with my children.
    I agree! DS used to work on Princess Cruise lines, and they were the same way. That's why he always advised people taking land excursions for the day to consider booking with the cruise line. He knew a few people over the years who didn't, the car or taxi broke down, and they missed the departure. That even happened with a couple crew members.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: