Quantcast Episode 87: Play Your Other Song Again

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 87: Play Your Other Song Again

The Cast: Ian Mitchell, Cindy Jachrimo, Michael Montanez, Carolyn Pongracz, John Yaglenski

- The year 1987… yes, we’re doing this again.
    - 23rd Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. *What’s the difference now between this and the Food and Wine festival?
    - Zoolander 2 & Deadpool and bad decisions bringing young kids to innapropriate movies.
    - This Just In
    - Let the singing begin - Garden Rocks Concert Series. We go thru the acts appearing.
    - Carolyn has connections to the biker in the Village People and Steve Perry.
    - Food and Wine Festival at Disney’s California Adventure
    - California vs. Florida - Canada’s view on the subject. *She cranks because she cares.
    - Pi Day 5k - Virtual 5k - 3/14/16 http://pi5k.com/
    - Michael doesn’t like Pie
    - We need more Characters!

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, SHARE...
    Last edited by John; 03-02-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Thanks cer, Fangorn thanked for this post
    Likes cer, Fangorn liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy dance! Happy dance!

Been missing y'all.

Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - we'll actually be taping again this Sunday
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

This is me, waiting for the fallout on my thoughts about Disneyland!

For the record, I DO love Disneyland - of course I do! There were just some things I thought that could be improved upon.

"I crank because I care".
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

"A three-hour tour..." and no one jumped on that? All of you are of an age for "three hour tour" to have some meaning! I expected some of this:

The weather started getting rough, but the tiny ship was tossed....
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

For the record, I DO love Disneyland - of course I do! There were just some things I thought that could be improved upon.

Haven't listened yet but interested to hear your thoughts.

Nothing wrong with cranking. I LOVE DL too (maybe too much) but I get aggravated by a lot of things in the parks too. In particular, the crowding lately. Oy!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

You are so funny and also the bravest person I know.

The people who are passionate about Disneyland can be fierce defenders. I thought Michael was wise in his advice that it is best not compare the two coasts. I also agree that when you go to DL after doing WDW, it is best toured with the people who really know it.

On our first adult trip there, we met BadKitty (shout out to BadKitty!) and she was able to show off the park in a way that made us have a better appreciation for it. Even then, it was only for a short afternoon/evening and we could have benefitted from more time with her.

One of our observations when we went was that there was no place to sit down and cool off unless you did table service. Really no place to escape the heat, get a drink and recharge. Just something I missed. We were there for the Dumbo Dare 2014 which is a Labor Day event. I believe most of their seating is open because California's weather is supposed to be near perfect all the time, but it was just so warm when we visited, and there were times we just wanted to get out of the heat.

We also regretted the fact that the original people mover is gone. Just so sad. We enjoyed seeing the old dinosaur animatronics from the train (I love riding Disney trains), but I could hardly stand breathing all the fumes. Cough, cough!

We really enjoyed the live shows at DLR, also on BadKitty's recommendation we went to see Aladdin which was the best live show I have seen at a Disney Park. Such an impressive show. So disappointed that it is no longer there.

Neat discussion about Indiana Jones, I had no idea that the attraction was actually outside the park.

We enjoyed the quaintness of Fantasyland, how some attractions really intertwined with the others.

Loved how they have landscaped every square inch of ground there. (I am thinking of Alice and Wonderland queue in particular) A tiny little patch of dirt, but it had something blooming there.

I would not recommend your first trip to the West Coast be while participating(running in particular) in a runDisney event (unless you are doing a shorter distance). It would have been a better park experience, I think, if we did not have that distraction. As it was, we shut down early trying to save steps with our already tired legs and sore feet and then missed things because we were too tired to go back out. (Like World of Color - wah!)

We enjoyed of course California Adventure, California Screamin became my favorite Disney coaster (just seems to go on forever!) Great family memories were made on the Wheel of Death and the little Goofy Coaster as well. So impressed with Radiator Springs (so well themed), did not understand the Luigi tire ride, so I am glad they are replacing it. Cannot wait to experience a ride with the trackless technology.

Again, as noted many times on these boards, the DLR counter service options were great out there.

Thank you all for a great podcast as always!

So glad y'all finally got "Mannequin"!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say, even though there is (supposedly) a lot of construction going on at Disneyland, you would NEVER know it. There are NO WALLS. The River is still full of water (they used coffer dams to only empty the back portion which is out of sight). Yes, the railroad is closed as are the boats on the river, BUT they are parked at the stations / docks and you can see the trains up close and chat with the engineers. You can board the Mark Twain for live music and a Princess Tiana meet and greet. Jungle Cruise is closed but they have the skippers outside doing Skipper School, where they act out the ride spiel using props (it's hilarious!). So, at least Disneyland is smart enough to offer new experiences when they have to shut down attractions for an extended time. Honestly, the park looks no different at all. Nothing like the DCA overhaul project. The only hint that something is going on is that the gateway between Fantasyland and Big Thunder Trail is closed.

So, fear not, #runicot, the park will not disappoint you next January.
    Natalie

11. Likes Lacy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carolyn, I can agree with you on Tomorrowland and Splash Mountain. DL's Splash is like the red headed stepchild to WDW's version. I honestly can't stand it. It does feel low budget. I never bother riding it.

Funny you felt it was like a bizarro world version of MK. That is exactly the reaction my KIDS had to WDW MK. They have been visiting DL since they were born. When we went to WDW with them for the first time, my oldest was 5 and he had a full on meltdown in MK because everything was in the "wrong" place. It really upset him. LOL. So, I get that.

I will also say, after having grown up in a WDW family, I visited DL for the first time in my 20s and HATED it. Over the years, I have grown to really appreciate and love it and now, to me, the Magic Kindgom is just "meh." Honestly, when I go to WDW, I don't even care if I go to MK or not. It's just nothing special outside of the nostalgia factor from my childhood trips. Disneyland is the REAL "magic kindgom" to me now.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Love the talks about class songs....Makes you wonder what we were all thinking when we picked them.

My class ('79) song was "Dust In The Wind" by Kansas. Yes, we were a 'dark' class! LOL

ELO -- "Confusion" "Telephone Line" Unfortunately, "The Orchestra" is missing Jeff Lynne, the main vocalist for their hits.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: