Quantcast Disney After Hours - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    With 18 dates in October, and the current state of the other parks, you would be hard pressed to get value out of any kind of ticket that month.
    Oh my! 18 dates?? Add in EMH for those on site - when do off site people ever get to stay late??
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any time there's a reduction in operating hours, it's basically a ticket price increase... Cleverly disguised, but an increase nonetheless...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    Oh my! 18 dates?? Add in EMH for those on site - when do off site people ever get to stay late??
    They don't. People are to stay on property and never leave .... and please stay for 10 days .... by then you should be near broke .... so go home and start saving even more for you next trip, because by the time you can come back, the folks in corporate should have figured out some new magical ways to have you and your family part with your money ....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

$149 is insane! WHAT THE?!

Can someone answer this please..
    Didn't they use to charge for EMH but it was pretty cheap. Like 10$ or something?
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - It was less than $15. People were discussing on the first page of this thread if I recall...

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

This will be the first night for this.. reports are that tickets have not sold out. So, that says something.

I would think that people on site, won't likely pay as they have their own after hour events included in their resort stay.. and people off site are already not interested in any extra spending, which is why they are off site in the first place. As someone that now stays offsite, I wouldn't spend the $50 an hour. I would imagine those that do spend the money, should find the crowd level low and Disney will have to decide if it's all worth it in the end.

I suspect the first thing Disney would do to increase income, if ticket sales remained too low, would be to limit what attractions would be opened.

Either that or they are going to have to sell it harder.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    This will be the first night for this.. reports are that tickets have not sold out. So, that says something.

I would think that people on site, won't likely pay as they have their own after hour events included in their resort stay.. and people off site are already not interested in any extra spending, which is why they are off site in the first place. As someone that now stays offsite, I wouldn't spend the $50 an hour. I would imagine those that do spend the money, should find the crowd level low and Disney will have to decide if it's all worth it in the end.

I suspect the first thing Disney would do to increase income, if ticket sales remained too low, would be to limit what attractions would be opened.

Either that or they are going to have to sell it harder.
    I've actually read that DVC members received an offer for this as a free option, so it sounds like its not selling like they thought it would.

I hope there is some truth to that, maybe they are finding an upper limit on what people will pay for things.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    I've actually read that DVC members received an offer for this as a free option, so it sounds like its not selling like they thought it would.
    Emails did go out yesterday to those on site on points, it was first come first serve and was full by last night. The offer was for tonight, April 14th only.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Emails did go out yesterday to those on site on points, it was first come first serve and was full by last night. The offer was for tonight, April 14th only.
    We ever figure out what the cap is for this event? Pictures from last night show the park as basically empty, if it was full, then the "cap" number has gotta be pretty small.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    We ever figure out what the cap is for this event? Pictures from last night show the park as basically empty, if it was full, then the "cap" number has gotta be pretty small.
    The cap was reportedly reached last night with the help of the free offer for DVC members. Many sources say CMs confirmed the attendance cap is 3,000.

Being really honest? I would do it. Last night looked amazing and with 25 attractions open, completely worth it. 7pm-2am is 7 HOURS! For $150, that's only a little over $20/hour.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

12. Thanks deedee73 thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The cap was reportedly reached last night with the help of the free offer for DVC members. Many sources say CMs confirmed the attendance cap is 3,000.

Being really honest? I would do it. Last night looked amazing and with 25 attractions open, completely worth it. 7pm-2am is 7 HOURS! For $150, that's only a little over $20/hour.
    I'm in...sign me up! I don't think I'm going to be back for at least two years, but I'd love to see them continue if they are capping it at 3k. It's almost like having the park to yourself! I think I'd prefer the evening add on to the morning...especially in the warmer months.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'm in...sign me up! I don't think I'm going to be back for at least two years, but I'd love to see them continue if they are capping it at 3k. It's almost like having the park to yourself! I think I'd prefer the evening add on to the morning...especially in the warmer months.
    I totally agree. Heat and sun are not my friends. I get migraines and they can ruin several days of vacation. This sounds like bliss to me.
    Natalie

15. Thanks deedee73 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on a minute, now if the cap is 3000 and it is from 7PM to 2AM I am definitely in. However, I probably won't buy a regular day park ticket at all. I would so go down and do MK and even another park if they offered it if this is the case and do Sea World, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center or Universal on a few other days and call it a trip.....Actually sounds like a lot of fun. Please tell me there are no FP+ reservations during this event and I may jump out of my seat. Maybe I need to get in on this before they discontinue it. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Hold on a minute, now if the cap is 3000 and it is from 7PM to 2AM I am definitely in. However, I probably won't buy a regular day park ticket at all. I would so go down and do MK and even another park if they offered it if this is the case and do Sea World, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center or Universal on a few other days and call it a trip.....Actually sounds like a lot of fun. Please tell me there are no FP+ reservations during this event and I may jump out of my seat. Maybe I need to get in on this before they discontinue it. lol
    No FP available during the event, but you can use FP from 7pm until "official" park close.

There are only a handful of dates right now. If you can get in soon, do it because I imagine the event will get "tweaked" if they decide to continue it and it won't look quite the same in the future.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I saw reports of people on rides alone.. my favourite photo was a selfie of a women on Dumbo and the only others on with her were cast members.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I saw reports of people on rides alone.. my favourite photo was a selfie of a women on Dumbo and the only others on with her were cast members.
    Fun for the guests, but I imagine that looks like excessive headcount to Disney management.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Hold on a minute, now if the cap is 3000 and it is from 7PM to 2AM I am definitely in. However, I probably won't buy a regular day park ticket at all. I would so go down and do MK and even another park if they offered it if this is the case and do Sea World, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center or Universal on a few other days and call it a trip.....Actually sounds like a lot of fun. lol
    This ^^^ is how it would work best. Won't this take some people who would purchase packages and allow them an easy out to stay off property and go other places and only visit disney one night instead??? Doesn't this go against their whole "we want to keep you on property and buying everything all the time" philosophy??

Next Trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't this go against their whole "we want to keep you on property and buying everything all the time" philosophy??
    I think the business principle of making more money off less people supercedes that...

Post Thanks / Like

This ^^^ is how it would work best. Won't this take some people who would purchase packages and allow them an easy out to stay off property and go other places and only visit disney one night instead??? Doesn't this go against their whole "we want to keep you on property and buying everything all the time" philosophy??
    Disney developed this program specifically to market to off property guests.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe for one person it may be worth it.....$150 for 3 hours of unlimited rides with a small attendance as stated being 3,000 people....but I don't see a family of 4 paying $600 for tickets to do this for 3 hours. However, maybe they will? It seems a little much, but that's just my opinion.

Someone mentioned that on the 14th, they had access from 7pm - 2am? That was longer than the 3 hours that was mentioned in the announcement. Unless I read it incorrectly.

BWV & HH

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: