Quantcast Zootopia!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zootopia!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zootopia!

Who else went to see Zootopia this weekend?

I thought it was fantastic! Glad to see such good films coming out of Disney Animation these days. We really enjoyed Wreck-It-Ralph, Big Hero 6 and of course Frozen is what it is. I wan't expecting much out of Zootopia based on the previews but I actually think I enjoyed it more than the other three. My favorite animated movie in several years! The story was fantastic and had some deep themes. Some parts were bit scary for my 7 year old and the 5 year old that we were with but at the end they both said it was really good.

We adults remarked at the end how strange it was that the Disney movie was so much better than the last Pixar movie (The Good Dinosaur) and we all enjoyed it more than Inside Out.

A real winner for Disney Animation!!!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2. Likes Mendelson liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. We all loved it! I didn't know what it was about going in but the stellar reviews made us go see it today. Thought it was a fantastic movie!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Zootopia today.. I liked it a lot. This quote kept running through my head while I was watching it.
    "I don’t believe in talking down to children. I don’t believe in talking down to any certain segment. I like to kind of just talk in a general way to the audience. Children are always reaching.” Walt Disney
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

6. Likes Lacy, Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw it Saturday on a huge 3D IMAX screen, and absolutely loved it. Most likely going again this weekend.

I thought the story was excellent, and the animation was just awesome. The animals were soooo cute!! I agree with Lacy... we liked it better than Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur as well. Zootopia is a definite grand slam for Disney!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

You don't think they would do anything stupid like trying to retrofit zootopia into Splash Mountain do you?
    *sigh! I know it doesn't fit the theme of Frontierland, but putting Frozen in Epcot was a stretch also and This movie is going to be huge.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the movie today. I liked Inside out more. I loved the Frozen reference and the movies the weasel was selling. It is very good. Go and see it.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Great movie! So many plot twisters! I'm that person that can predict most endings to movie but boy did Zootopia have me stumped....I couldn't figure out who the villain was until maybe 10 minutes before they revealed him/her (don't want to spoil). I also loved the hilarious ending with the speeding ticket!!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

11. Likes Lacy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed it as well!

It is so, so chalk full of disney references (and pop culture references, generally). I mean, it would require pausing and rewinding to get them all. My favorite: Actor Alan Tudyk voiced both the Duke of Weselton in Frozen and a character named Duke Weaselton in Zootopia. When someone calls him "Weselton," he corrects by saying, "That's 'Weaselton!'" That's one of maybe five Frozen references.

Keeps it up Disney Animation Studio!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

We've seen it twice so far (once in standard and once in 3D) and we all totally loved it! My twins proclaimed it their favorite movie ever and Officer Judy Hopps is a big deal in our house right now.

I have to say I think I loved it as much as they did. The positive message it sends to kids is just awesome and I have to say I'm using the "Try Everything" song in a lot of conversations with my kids these days.

My favorite part of the whole film is in the very beginning when Judy gets in the fight with Gideon Grey. After he walks away she says, "Well he was right about one thing ... I don't know when to quit!" How can you not love that spunk???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

14. Likes Mickey'sGirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the first showing on the first day. Went just because it was a Disney movie, but I didn't expect to be wowed. Boy, was I in for a surprise! I thought it was a great movie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    You don't think they would do anything stupid like trying to retrofit zootopia into Splash Mountain do you?
    *sigh! I know it doesn't fit the theme of Frontierland, but putting Frozen in Epcot was a stretch also and This movie is going to be huge.
    I really hope not. I didn't like Zootopia at all. While I don't disagree with the lessons the movie teaches, I feel like if I wanted to have political correctness shoved down my throat, I could turn on the news instead of paying $10 to see a movie.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it!! Saw it in both 3D and regular 2D last week. Fantastic messaging, without knocking you over the head with it. Just fantastic.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I really hope not. I didn't like Zootopia at all. While I don't disagree with the lessons the movie teaches, I feel like if I wanted to have political correctness shoved down my throat, I could turn on the news instead of paying $10 to see a movie.
    Wow. Okay then... While I agree that there was some PC in the movie (a girl/bunny can be just as good as a man/tiger), I think the story was sincere, and the crime mystery aspect of the storyline was top notch.

Listen... I'm not a feminist. I don't spout off about how women are oppressed, discriminated against, objectified... whatever. I feel that if you're good at what you do, you get rewarded. I never feel like I was held down or looked down upon.

Also, I'm in a heavily male-dominated field (I'm a chemical engineer and manage large scale projects at a worldwide chemical company). Sure, I DID have to prove myself, probably a little harder than my male counterparts, but I STILL had to prove I was competent and intelligent.... guy OR girl. I have always been treated with respect.

I actually found a lot of humor in the parts where Judy Hopps had to correct people when they said things that made her uncomfortable (like being called cute by another cop, or being a "token bunny"). I think Disney found the right way to address these things and still keep the intent of the movie lighthearted and fun.

And we paid $21 per ticket, and STILL loved it!
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think there was anything wrong with ANY of the societal "issues" highlighted in this movie. Frankly, if this movie gets parents talking to their kids about these issues, it's a good thing. I applaud Disney for having the guts to address some of that stuff so obviously. Too many "family" movies are shallow drivel. I enjoyed this movie and so did my kids. That's the essence of a good "family" movie. If I had to watch Kung Fu Panda type movies with my kids all the time, I'd probably poke my own eyes out. Thankfully, they are not that into movies anyway and really only want to see the good Disney/Pixar ones.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    And we paid $21 per ticket, and STILL loved it!
    Yikes! Disney Theme Park prices at the movies!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    You know what is so funny? We saw this movie at the AMC Theaters in Downtown Disney Anaheim. You know how much we paid per ticket....$6.59! This was for a 10:00AM show on a Saturday morning. I almost fell down in shock. LOL!
    Natalie

22. Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You know what is so funny? We saw this movie at the AMC Theaters in Downtown Disney Anaheim. You know how much we paid per ticket....$6.59! This was for a 10:00AM show on a Saturday morning. I almost fell down in shock. LOL!
    I agree, Natalie, anymore any movie under $10 is a deal and should be celebrated!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Yeah... we don't normally do that, but it was on the huge super IMAX screen at the King of Prussia mall in PA. We had tickets for a 4:15 show on a Saturday. We could reserve our seats and everything so we didn't have to arrive super early to snag a good seat. Honestly... being able to reserve our seats was worth an extra $5 or so anyway!!

It was DH's idea, too!!
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Yeah... we don't normally do that, but it was on the huge super IMAX screen at the King of Prussia mall in PA. We had tickets for a 4:15 show on a Saturday. We could reserve our seats and everything so we didn't have to arrive super early to snag a good seat. Honestly... being able to reserve our seats was worth an extra $5 or so anyway!!
    Love the recliners and the reserved seating...well worth the price! I may not ever go back to another regular movie theater!

I'm not sure about this Screening Room proposal though. Unless you have a 90"+ screen in your home, there's still something to be said for "the big screen."
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Took a friend's daughter yesterday morning and we loved it (she's in the 6th grade.) Super cute, I just loved how realistic the animal features were. Judy's little bunny nose sniffing around all the time was adorable!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: