Quantcast Probably asked a million times but asking again - fast passes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably asked a million times but asking again - fast passes

Getting ready to do our fast passes this weekend, the 21st, for our trip on April 21. Let me go ahead and get this straight -- So we make our FP selection at midnight, on the night of the 21st? I read that we should do it on a computer instead of mobile. I have a list of days/fp ideas for that day for a guide. Say we want one in particular, do you pick that one then they give you two other to go with it? and three different options? Is that how it works? I'm not messing around this time
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What I normally do is pick the 3 I want that are available. If they are not available at all it won't let you choose it.

Then when it gives me the 4 options I chose the option closest to what I want. Sometimes everything works fine. If not, I accept the sites choices and then go back and adjust times/attractions one by one until I get it as close as I can to what I want.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

4. Thanks mandaep thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, your booking window opens up at midnight. When you select your park, it will give you a list of available fastpass options for that day. As Cindy noted, if there is no more availability for a particular fastpass, it won't give you the option of selecting it. Once you have selected the three you want and move to the next step, it will give you several time groupings. Select the time group that most matches what you want. You can go back and edit/fix individual time selections later (within availability). Double check the noted rides. On one occasion, I noted the system had "substituted" a different ride than I had selected in one of my time groupings.

If you don't get what you want on your initial selection day, continue to check. Fastpass times/options sometimes open up later if not initially available....BUT, it may mean you will need to check and recheck a number of times.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

6. Thanks mandaep thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is easier to navigate on a computer, instead of the mobile (at least that what's I found).

Here's the catch/trick: when you enter a day, Disney will "give" you three fastpasses. It is easiest to just take them, and then go in an adjust each one to what you actually want. You can pick any attraction, and the times that you want (as long as they are available).

I'm a "stay up until midnight" girl, but I found on our last trip that I would able to make changes and get better times a few days after my FP window opened, so don't panic if you don't get everything you want ... check back later that day, or even the next day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Thanks mandaep thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also I read that you can even go to the kiosks and add/reserve additional fast passes above your reserved 3 at the park.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
    Also I read that you can even go to the kiosks and add/reserve additional fast passes above your reserved 3 at the park.
    This option is available after your three original FP are used. It was used or expired but during our January trip the expired one showed as "reassign". Not sure if this is new or just something they are testing.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

This is how i reserve my FPs. I will select the three attractions I want. When the website displays the four options, I typically choose the times I want the least. I do this because the attractions will rarely be in the order I want or the exact times I want.

I think go back and adjust the times. If the times are nowhere near what I want, I can easily select the new times via the drop down menu. (The website on a computer is much better for this.)

I have found that if I select times that are close to what I want, trying to change them is more difficult. For example, if I want Space Mountain at 9:00, Seven Dwarfs at 10:00, and Big Thunder at 11:00, I will select an option where none of those attractions have those times. I can then easily select the times I want because nothing is in the way or reserved for that time.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

12. Likes mandaep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, we got them done and honestly I am incredibly surprised at how easy it was this time around (last time we did it in august 2014 and I felt like it was so much messier). We got all we wanted and i can't believe you can just change the times like its nothing.
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

My family also did our FP+ last night (we too arrive 04/21) and it was very easy. I think the availability is usually very open inside the first few days of your 60-day window, it's only if you drag your feet and try to do things closer to the 30-day and less mark that it gets difficult. I also took the advise of AndrewJackson above, and chose my "opening offer" times totally opposite of when I actually wanted them, and then I went back in and made things "right" one FP+ at a time.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mandaep View Post
    Thanks everyone, we got them done and honestly I am incredibly surprised at how easy it was this time around (last time we did it in august 2014 and I felt like it was so much messier). We got all we wanted and i can't believe you can just change the times like its nothing.
    Awesome!! Great to hear! Have fabulous trip!

Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: