Quantcast Character Interactions from an adult Solo's perspective

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Interactions from an adult Solo's perspective

People on this section of the board have on occasion posted questions as to whether it's okay for adults without kids or solo adults to go to character meet and greets.
    Some of the old timers on this board might remember my 2009 January Trip Report, but having just gotten back from my May 2014 Star Wars Weekends trip, I'd post my own thoughts here.

As I said I just got back from a Star Wars Weekends May 2014 trip, and at some point I’m going to post a Trip Report, but work is so busy don’t know when I’ll get around to it. The least I can do it put together the jumbled notes and even more jumbled memories together into a coherent character report. And I promise as soon as I figure out the complexities that is the Photopass website, I’ll post pics.

To explain meself, most of these interactions were done when I was solo (my sis was along for the trip, although she didn’t do the characters greets).
    To introduce meself; I’m 36, male, and (at least I’ve been told) reasonably good looking and reasonably fit, my day job has me wearing a suit and tie, so I get most of my casual styling cues from Esquire or GQ, I love watches and my well-weathered Saddleback Leather briefcase/satchel in Coffee Brown. Seriously I can’t stand these silly overglorified man-purses that various designer brands churn out and make the average male think he’s cool for having one. My rule of thumb is, if your satchel won’t survive a trip into the rainforests of Venezuela, and a dip in the Amazon River, or a trip in the desert you should probably leave it at home. Or give it as a gift to your girlfriend, it suits her better. And don’t even get me started on the dreaded fanny pack.

GET ON WITH IT!

*Ahem*

Now some of you are saying “Great, so this vain nincompoop has a thing for fancy stuff and likes to brag about his shiny toys, and is very opinionated when it comes to accessories, why is he bringing this up in a Disney forum, specifically the character thread?”

The answer, gentle readers, will become apparent as I recount my encounters with said characters.

First up is my experiences at Akershus. Now, every time I go to WDW I try to get a ressie for this restaurant because I love Norwegian food and I love the characters, and it serves my fav import beer Carlsburg, so it’s a win-win-win. As to why I go, for myself I’ve always found it difficult to pluck up enough courage to wait in line to meet characters in the parks.
    This is particularly absurd because I’m a grown up, and more to the point I’ve been in sales for over 10 years, so talking to strangers is second nature to me.
    I’ve given seminars to 100 total strangers about the necessity of ‘moving outside your comfort zone’ and ‘how to overcome your allergy to the phone,’ so you’d think waiting 20 minutes to visit with your favorite Disney character would be child’s play for someone like me.
    Not for me. Meeting characters for me is like that first morning dip in the pool, when the water is still cold. You can either draw out the agony and slowing inch in as the icy water soaks your shorts, or do a cannonball off the diving board and take the icy plunge. And, if you’re waiting in line to see them at the parks, you can always get out of line and chicken out. So, going to a restaurant that is a character meal is my version of taking the plunge, there’s no way to chicken out. And to carry through with the pool analog, once you get over the shock, it gets easier with each passing time.

First up is the free Photopass pic at Akershus, on this occasion it was Belle in her evening gown. She was very sweet and exclaimed that I must be a fellow book reader because I had my bookbag with me.
    (Saddleback leather satchel; 1, dorky fanny packs and effete man-purses; Zero)
    So I asked her what her fav book was, and she said Sleeping Beauty, it had magic, fairies, a beautiful princess and a handsome prince and love conquers all. I lied and said that was my favorite book, too. In my defense she wouldn't have heard of my favorite book, Atlas Shrugged, so I was just playing along.

Hanne (pronounced Hanna) was my server and was very friendly and chatty about her country and the food. I was only half joking with the CM that I come here for the food, the peppered mackerel, the salmon, and the smoked cheese at the Koldbord are top notch. I’ve noticed over the course of the years that they’ve been adding more mundane items to the Koldbord so it now resembles a salad bar with a few more exotic offerings. Not that I’m complaining, they’re catering to a younger, more finicky crowd. Anyways the koldbord offerings were just as good as the last time, and my main course, the Traditional Kjottkake, was also very good. But, you aren’t reading this thread for the food, so on with the characters!

They had some sort of Parade of Princesses or the like, which wasn't there the last time I was here in 2009, but it was fine. I had my nose buried in my Samsung Galaxy S4, so I didn't notice much beyond they allowed the kiddies to parade with their fav princesses to Disney muzak.

First up was Aurora, she must have picked up on the fact that I was nervous, (the trembling hands, sweaty forehead and knocking knees must have been a dead giveaway) so she went out of her way to make me feel more at ease. I think I defaulted to my standard icebreaker and commented on how hot it was outside, and she said she would talk to her friend Elsa about maybe helping with that.

Next up was Cinderella, she was also very nice and asked if I wanted to get a picture taken with her, and one of the CM’s close very helpfully took my picture courtesy of my smartphone. She remarked that she still couldn’t understand how those magic boxes worked, and I remarked that they were a blessing and a curse; you could be reached anywhere by anyone at any time, and she got a laugh out of that. When I offered my autograph book, I also admitted that the signatures were for me and not someone else, and she said ‘good! It’s always nice when persons are honest, and there’s nothing wrong with that.’

Next up was Snow White, she was also sweet and I got an autograph and photo with her, she was also very patient as my phone decided to pop up a reminder when CM was trying to take a photo.

Last was Ariel, she also was happy to hear that I was collecting autographs, she collected human stuff and promised not to make off with my dinglehopper (fork).

All in all, it was a good experience, and as previously stated having taken the plunge I now was a man on a mission to collect autographs.

I have to split this up since I've gone over my word count. Up next, interactions in the World Showcase!
    "Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Interactions, Part Deux

Being in the World Showcase there are places to get autographs if you know where to look. The My Disney Experience app is helpful, but not 100% foolproof as will be demonstrated with my next character experience.

Whilst in the France showcase there was the Belle meet and greet for the posting indicated that her 5:00 appearance was her last. Now, when I showed up it was around 5:20 when I arrived and the CM said that she was leaving at 5:20 and returning at 5:50. Maybe it’s the CM’s call or maybe because of the crowds they extend the meet and greet hours, whatever the case both the app and the postings didn’t indicate the extra hours.
    Belle again was very enticed by my ‘bookbag’
    (Satchel; 2, Fanny Pack; Zero)
    and when she saw my watch she exclaimed that I had Mr. Cogsworth on my wrist, I chuckled and responded that my watch’s name was Bell & Ross, not Cogsworth, which she found funny, and asked if he bossed me around. I responded that no, this one didn’t but I had another clock that woke me up every morning, and was very bossy about it since I’m not a morning person. She said that Cogsworth takes his job very seriously and always runs the entire household, like *wait for it* clockwork. Hey, put down the rotten tomatoes, she said it not me! Anyways it was a nice experience.

After that I made my way to the China pavilion because, at least according to my app Mulan was coming out for a meet and greet. She was also very nice, and when I remarked that I felt like I’ve been walking around the world (bad pun, I know) she said try marching for days with buckets of water on your shoulders. She also liked my pen. An aside on the pen, it is one of those metal Disney pens with characters on it that I purchased back in 2005, I was sick of the plastic pens breaking on me so I went to a Disney boutique and asked for the most Ragnarok-proofed pen they had. And, true to their word, it has lasted all these years later. Anyways, she found it was a very heavy pen, and liked it, saying it was very heavy duty.

After getting a Kronnenbourg 1664 at the French pavilion to fortify myself, I felt like I was on a roll, and headed over to the Moroccan pavilion to try my luck. Tucked away in the back is a small shop called ‘Lamps of Morocco’ very nicely themed, and sure enough Jasmine was scheduled to appear. I was early enough to be like 3rd in line, but had a couple of very enthusiastic kids behind me who line jumped. The parents and CM’s were apologetic, but truth be told I was relieved because it gave me a few more minutes to muster up the old courage. Jasmine was very sweet and said it was very noble of me to allow the kids to go first, and I quipped the line about ‘it’s their world, us grown-ups are just interlopers’ and she got a laugh out of that. When the subject of weather came up, she remarked that it wasn’t as bad as Agabrah, although there at least it was a dry heat. I remarked as well I preferred a dry heat, saying that I too had been to a desert place. Then she asked where, and of course I didn’t want to mention the Sandbox (too close to home) so I blurted out the only other desert place I’ve been, Las Vegas. She got a laugh out of that, and I could tell she was struggling to stay in character over that quip. She said she’d never been to this Las Vegas before, and I said ‘No, probably just as well you didn’t’ and she said she would ask Genie about it. All in all a nice interaction.

By this point I was on cloud nine and was reminded why I come to WDW, it really does bring out the inner kid in you. And the inner pervvy princess fanboy, but that’s besides the point. So I was walking up to the England pavilion and saw Mary Poppins’ meet and greet on the trail to the tea place. Her line was long enough to where I wasn’t that interested in getting her autograph, and I already had a couple of hers from my last trip, and noticed that Alice’s meet and greet area was empty, and again according to the postings and the app she was done for the day. On an impulse I walked over to the toy shop at the back of the pavilion. I don’t know why, but I just did. As soon as I entered, I noticed there was a small workshop area in the back where the kiddies were coloring Duffy the bear pictures. Beyond that was a private room where Tigger and Pooh were meeting and greeting. But there was a small crowd gathered in the workshop, and my character-spidey senses were tingling. Sure enough, there was Alice!

The line was short, so I hopped in line and waited my turn. Boy, she was in rare form! She started off by asking if I had eyes on top of my head (I had perched my Oakley Gascans on top of my head), at first I didn’t get the joke, but then she replied that I must have eyes on top of my head otherwise why would I have glasses up there. I then responded by say that basically it was a trend started by one person and then everybody else followed his example, like lemmings. She got a laugh out of that.
    She then went on to say it would be very interesting if she did have eyes on top of her head she could see both ahead and on top of her, that way she would not fall down a rabbit hole or have the Cheshire Cat sneak up on her. As we conversed about it, she then remarked that it would be difficult to see with both eyes, and determined that she didn’t quite think it all the way through.
    She was enthused to get her picture taken with me, but the Photopass person had went into the next room where Tigger and Pooh were, so I said something to the effect of ‘don’t go anywhere’ and ran off to find a CM to get our picture taken. What was funny was when I returned, she was frozen in the same pose when I left and she remarked ‘See, I haven’t moved!’

All in all, the character interactions in Epcot were a home run. By this point I got a text from Sis who had recovered enough to want to go to the Magic Kingdom, so I told her I would meet her there. As I was on the monorail she texted me again that she got fastpasses for the Little Mermaid ride, so I hopped on the train and made for the new Fantasyland. A side note, the Dwarves’ Mine Train ride was in test run mode, and they were allowing MK CM’s to ride it. Basically if you had this particular ID that identified you as a Magic Kingdom CM you could walk on.

The evil corrupt corporate executive in me thought that an unscrupulous CM could make a fortune off his or her ID card by scalping it to well-heeled guests willing to pay for the privilege. I’m not saying I would stoop to buying my way onto a ride before it opened, but I certainly wouldn’t turn down the opportunity.

Up next, the last Character interactions of the trip, and probably the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Interactions, Part Trois

After riding Little Mermaid, I noticed the Standby Time for Ariel’s Grotto was only 15 minutes. And, more to the point, I’ve never seen the inside. I also noticed these two types getting in line, and to say they were odd looking was an understatement. They were both clearly by themselves (i.e. not with family or kids), and were large, biker looking guys with nose rings, tats and beards that would make Phil and the boys at Duck Dynasty jealous. I figured, if they’re getting in line, why not me? The theming of the queue line was very cool, and like the ride you could see the rocks and coral that they recycled from the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride that us WDW old timers remember, so that was a nice touch.

Well, my turn came, and they take you through this corridor, and around the corner. Unlike some meet and greets, where you’re grouped together, here it’s strictly one on one. Which would explain why historically it was so slow. The grotto itself is very well themed, and when I rounded the corner and saw it and Ariel on her throne all I could say was “wow!” and she laughed and said “Wow! A handsome sailor!”

Now, Ariel that evening was very, very, very flirty and friendly, I don’t know if she had just taken a ‘swim break’ or if she was just happy to have a break from the screaming kids or the two Duck Dynasty dudes, but she was very friendly and in character and just interacting on so many different levels. She also noticed the watch
    (Bell & Ross, you’ll be happy to know that your BR3-92 Heritage Edition watch has the Disney Princess seal of approval )
    and I offhandedly said that it was waterproofed to 100 meters (as all B&R watches are, I wasn’t blowing smoke up her, ah, fins). She was impressed and said then if we go swimming I could wear the watch, and she wanted one as well. I did remark that I would have to swap out the band for a more waterproofed one.
    When I told her that this was my last night, and I was collecting autographs before going back, she asked where I was from, and I said that I came from a far off land called Manhattan, and she asked what I did and I quipped ‘I sit around in an office all day and boss other people around’.
    She got a good laugh out of that, and said that that sounds like her father, who could be very bossy. She also said that Sebastian could also be a bit bossy, and then whispered in my ear that Sebastian could occasionally be crabby (hey, enough with the tomatoes, they’re the ones belting out these bad puns, not me!).
    I chuckled and replied that some of my minions could say the same about me that I could be crabby, and she said she didn’t believe me, that I was so nice and so forth. When she autographed my book she even left a nice kiss on it with a lipstick print, so I was ecstatic.
    If Ariel or any of her ‘friends’ are reading this hugs and fishes to you for making my last evening at the Magic Kingdom so magical.

But wait, there’s more! How about a Japanese knife that can cut through solid titanium? No? Well, how about this last tidbit:
    Sis and I’s last ride for the night was Splash Mountain, which was very cool to ride at night, but it had stopped for some reason mid-ride (Sis joked that Splash Mountain knew we were leaving and didn't want us to leave)
    When we got out, Wishes was playing, and I told sis that trying to navigate the parks while any of the parades or fireworks displays were on was an exercise in futility so we should kill some time. And over at the Princess Hall they had Rapunzel and Cinderella, with only a 20 minute wait. So I decided to test my luck one last time.
    It was a long wait, but in fairness it was our last interaction of the day, and I wasn’t going to brave the post Wishes crowd, so I didn’t mind. For those who haven’t braved the 5 hour wait to see Elsa and Anna at this Princess Hall (seriously I snapped a pic that showed a 300 minute Stand By wait time), you wait in this palace-theme room decorated with various portraits of the Disney Princesses, and you wait for your turn. Like Ariel’s Grotto, it’s strictly one on one.

When I arrived, there still was a couple of kids that the princesses were interacting with, so I kind of hung back in the corner, I distracted myself with my phone only to see Rapunzel come over to the corner and pull me to her area. Immediately she started to giggle and leaned over to tell Cinderella that she found a handsome prince. She also fell in love with the satchel
    (Satchel; 3, Fanny Pack; Zero)
    and wanted to make sure Pascal wasn’t hiding in there, or if I had nicked her tiara. When we were getting pictures I told her out of the corner of my mouth don’t tell Eugene, and she shushed me and said that’s her secret he’s still Flynn Rider the dashing adventurer, I said no worries your secret is safe with me. She said that she loved being in the castle away from her tower and didn’t regret it in the least, and talked about the mice Gus and Jacques running around the castle, and how they did not have bedtime, either.

Cinderella was also in love with the satchel
    (Final Score: Saddleback Leather Satchel; 4, Fanny Pack; Zero)
    Rapunzel leaned over to throw her oar in a few times, including telling Cindy to make sure that I didn’t have her slipper in there. When I told her that this was our last stop of the evening Cinderella hoped that I wouldn’t turn into a pumpkin and I checked my watch and said ‘No I’m good for another hour’ and she got a laugh out of that. She asked where I was from I said Manhattan, and she said “Ah, the Big Apple!”, and went off to say that she wanted to get a giant apple for Maximus and would have never ending apple pies for all the other princesses, she didn’t trust Snow White to get the apples, given her previous bad luck. She said that it would be quite a chore bringing a giant apple back to Disney World, and that Tinkerbelle and the Fairy Godmother didn’t have enough magic to transport it or keep it from going brown, so I suggested they make a giant Tuppeware container and she got a laugh out of that. I need to upload the pics from her and Ranpunzel’s interactions because the candid photos are a riot and capture the moment wonderfully. Finally she gave me a nice hug and said be sure to visit her again real soon.
    All in all both of them were absolute darlings, kudos to both of them for making my evening.

Things to take away from this experience? What can I say; apparently Disney Princesses dig the preppy look, watches and satchels

Oakley, Brooks Brothers and Bell & Ross would be happy to know that, I’m sure. I also need to tell my buddy Dave at Saddleback Leather that his briefcases also get the Disney seal of approval. Seriously, Princesses aside, I had several of the Disney Security guys who check bags, a couple of Cast members and so forth who either complimented me on it or wanted to know where I got it. One of the Security guard jokingly said he had to confiscate it, laughing while he was saying it.

All joking and product placement aside, the character experiences on this trip were top-notch. I had good luck on my last trip in January of 2009, and I was afraid that with the passing time and the fact that it was near peak season might have put a dampener on it, and I am happy to say that that is not the case.
    All of the princesses were absolute darlings, and for that matter all the CM’s I interacted with were very helpful and friendly. So, if you’re an adult struggling with the idea as whether or not to interact with characters, I say, go for it.
    Of course it helps if you’re dashingly handsome and accessorize

Feel free to comment on your own interactions, and as I said, as soon as I get the pictures downloaded I’ll post them here. And at some point when I extricate myself from this mountain of work, I'll post a trip report.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad it went well. DH often ends up meeting some characters without DD and I, and reports (like you) that it goes quite well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I'm so glad it went well. DH often ends up meeting some characters without DD and I, and reports (like you) that it goes quite well.
    Thanks! It was very nice and reemphasized why I like Disney World so much. It really does bring the inner kid out of all of us.
    Quick question for anyone who'll listen, how do you upload pics onto threads? I did it a long time ago, but now I've forgotten.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually in the parks solo, and I love meeting the characters (it's my favorite thing to do). I've had some awesome interactions over the years
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt View Post
    Quick question for anyone who'll listen, how do you upload pics onto threads? I did it a long time ago, but now I've forgotten.
    Thanks!
    Only moderators can post pics in the actual posts, but if you create an album on a photo sharing website you can link to it!

And thank you for sharing your experiences! You gave me a few chuckles. Sounds like you had a great time
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for posting your character meet experiences! What a hoot! You made me laugh from beginning to end!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures! Finally!

So now the moment you’ve all been waiting for, pictures!

First a picture of me in the real world, in my natural habitat/favorite watering hole.

First up is the photopass of Belle at Akershus, she has the most oddest expression on her face!

Next up is Mulan at the China pavilion:

Along with a candid:

I think she was explaining how she had to march with buckets full of water…
    Next up, Belle at the French Pavilion:

And, yes, in some of these pics you can see the watch LOL
    Next up is Jasmine in the Lamps of Morocco

Along with another candid

Next up is Alice

You can really tell which ones are the Photopass and which ones are my phone 
    Next up is Rapunzel, here is a candid of me with my best Wolfish grin

And I forget why I was peering around, maybe it was Cindy throwing her oar in.

And I have this ‘cat that swallowed a canary’ grin on my face.
    Next up was Cinderella, I believe this was where she was complimenting me on my satchel. The quirked eyebrows say it all.

This one’s funny because Rapunzel was throwing her oar in as well!

And the ‘Disneyfied’ portrait 

Dawww! I got a hug!

Anyways, hope you enjoy the pics. According to the moderators I guess only they can embed pictures in the threads.

Post Thanks / Like

thx for the enjoyable posts and the pics. sounds like a really fun time and you got a lot done!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

What a great time you had. How fun! Thanks, Frank, for the report. Great pics!

Oh, and yes, it always pays to accessorize!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR MESSAGE!!

Please remember that every person enjoys their Disney holidays in their own way. INTERCOT is here to share experiences and information, not to criticize each other. Name calling and nastiness will not be permitted.

Please play nice!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    MODERATOR MESSAGE!!

Please remember that every person enjoys their Disney holidays in their own way. INTERCOT is here to share experiences and information, not to criticize each other. Name calling and nastiness will not be permitted.

Please play nice!!
    Thanks for the message.
    If there's anything in my posts that needs to be redacted or edited let me know.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Check your private messages Frank. It wasn't you.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    Check your private messages Frank. It wasn't you.
    Ok, cool. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default One last SWW Character Interaction

Found a few old receipts from my trip, one of which I had scrawled some notes on some character interactions on our Star Wars Weekends day (Friday). No pics, unfortunately, they were all taken on my phone and none of them turned out

To explain I was wearing a t-shirt that was basically trumpeting my support for the Empire.
    I got some nice interactions from the Clone Troopers over on the Streets of America. Quite literally they were just walking around without any handlers and people were swarming them, it was a like a scrum line or something. Then one of them saw me (and the tee shirt) and emphatically gestured to his comrades. They basically pushed their way through the crowd and pulled me into their midst, and had folks getting pics. Very cool.

The second and more amusing one was Sis and I exited the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular to see Queen Amidala's meet and greet, and it wasn't too long of a line. So Sis took a breather on a bench across the street, and I hopped in line. I chatted up some college duded that were exchanging horror stories about Darth's Mall, and geeking out over the shirt.

When it came to my turn, she said something like "Are you here to discuss terms of peace?"

And I said 'yeah, something like that, your highness."

She, having seen my tee and what my affiliations were, said "I would hope you would consider peace as an alternative to conflict."

And I quipped
    Yep, but I believe in peace through superior firepower

I had the impression it was all she could do to keep from laughing.

All in all it was a nice interaction. Not quite as over-the-top as some of the other ones later in the trip, but since I remembered them I thought I would share them.

And believe it or not I think I might be going again in September (there's a conference in Orlando that I could use as an excuse to travel there, nothing like traveling to WDW and writing half of it off as a business expense )

Thanks again for all the words of encouragement, and please share any experiences you have had!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never visited characters, but I might give it a try. You sure made it sound fun.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Well frank seems to be pretty good with the witty banter. I would be "nice day, but it might rain, " kind of guy. Lol. There's a youtube video of a, "dark side of disney" meeting snow white. No audio, but they both look like it was the highlite of their day.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and photos! I really enjoyed reading it and am glad you enjoyed your time :-) I'll be going for the first time as an adult so this definetely inspires me to meet some of my favourite characters :-)
    PrincessDisneyDreamer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking in again...

Back again from my Sept trip, I came back from my trip only to have to go back on the road for three expos and a conference to attend, plus two week's worth of work to catch up on. I'm still catching up, but I wanted to check in.
    I went back down 9/15 to 9/21, stayed at the AKL and generally had a blast. This trip was to check out the MNSSHP, which was a mixed bag due to the rain (more deets to come), but the primary focus was the characters, and this time around it was fun as ever.
    Persons of interest on this trip were some of the 'rare' ones like Pocahontas and Merida, the ever popular Scandinavian sister duo, and the usual suspects as well.
    As soon as I get caught up and download the Photopass pics I'll post `em here with some of the interactions, they were a real hoot.
    Glad this helped some of you folks take the plunge, and hope your experiences were as magical as mine!

PS: (okay, I can tell I've been back in the real world and some of the pixiedust is wearing off, because I just pulled 'flat what? did I just write magical?' moment LOL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: