Quantcast **Updated 8/18/17** Re-Drawing The "lands" at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Osborne Lights gone, Drawing Academy doing Star Wars characters, the good cookies gone. Not much reason for my family to go back to HWS even after Star Wars Land is finished. We're not big Star Wars fans.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they can move Writer's Stop somewhere else or make something just like it somewhere in the park.
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

Just something you have to endure while they fix the park. Which desperately needed fixing. Go ask people in California if the miles of construction walls and years of building, and closed attractions was worth it in the end.

5. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Just something you have to endure while they fix the park. Which desperately needed fixing. Go ask people in California if the miles of construction walls and years of building, and closed attractions was worth it in the end.
    Not a question about "...worth it in the end." I'll drop it and accept that as acknowledgement that this park isn't worth the admission fee.

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm not really complaining as much as I find it hilarious. That list of "attractions", and yes, they call them all attractions, is very funny sitting next to even the $35.40 MYW 10-day per-day price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    For fun, you should open up the Disney World My Disney Experience app and look at DHS in it. While reviewing that list of "attractions", keep in mind that they try to collect $97 before taxes for a 1 day ticket. For further fun, think of the attractions that are closing in the relatively near future without replacement and how ticket prices will likely increase at least once during that time.
    I was thinking the same thing - if not for the fact that the kids love Toy Story Mania & Tower of Terror - I'd advocate skipping this park until the construction has completed.

Quite sad.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Not a question about "...worth it in the end." I'll drop it and accept that as acknowledgement that this park isn't worth the admission fee.
    Hardly an acknowledgment of anything. No one buys a single day ticket for studios. Hardly anyone buys a single day ticket to ANY of the parks. To find the true value of a day at studios you have to look at the cost per day for the ticket you purchase. We always buy 7 day tickets which brings the price down to roughly $47 a day. Do I think studios is worth that? Yes.

On a completely separate note gotta love Disney fans who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. People complain that Studios needs fixing. Disney says they are going to fix the park and people complain. Brilliant.

10. Likes WiltonJohn, Jforrest2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On a completely separate note gotta love Disney fans who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. People complain that Studios needs fixing. Disney says they are going to fix the park and people complain. Brilliant.
    That is funny. I'd rather they just shut the whole park down for a year - then have a grand re-opening.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't make me unhappy. It makes me laugh. As I said, I think it is hilarious.

I didn't say it made me mad or made me cry.

Post Thanks / Like

AK isnt gonna b known as the half day park anymore....DHS will be. I dont mind stunt show. saw it twice and that was enough. Earfull and Writers Stop i will miss more. got bfast coffee and cookie there a few times
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I'll miss either the tower or the snack shop, but I'm beginning to wonder what will still be open when we go in December. We're getting 10-day tickets, but I think it may be a half day at DHS and a half day of rest, with the other 9 days at the other parks. Oh well, it's our least favorite park right now (we actually love AK), and I'm looking forward to the "re-opening."
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

When we went in 2014 we were asked twice by different cast members with tablets for our thoughts on the park and changes we would like to see. I think that if we do manage to get back to WDW for my birthday in a couple of years ( fingers crossed), the park will be completely unrecognisable. Hope Starring Rolls stays, really yummy breakfast
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

If these particular closings mean a name change is coming, they really can't deviate from it being a Hollywood studios too much because then the park just wouldn't make sense. It would have to be called Movieland or something, because having Toy Story and Star wars as your major focus of the park but then still having ToT and RnR I just don't know. It seems like a mess. even in a Movieland experience theme then RnR doesn't fit

Don't get me wrong, I am super happy that they are improving the park, I just don't want it to be a less than Disney quality theme, like it was just thrown together just to put something there.

I have an AP, so I will be checking out the studios as they are making the changes but I cannot say I will spend a lot of time in the park until it is done. It was my husband's favorite park but he decided not to renew his pass this year and wait until it is done.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Earfull Tower represents a different era for the park, one in which is was supposed to be a working studio. It's irrelevant now. Before too long, the park's icon will be something Star Wars-related, I'm sure.
    I'm especially good at expectorating. Ptooo!
    Gaston

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thanks / Like

They should change the name to "Hope you have a Park Hopper Ticket Park" for the next couple of years
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

20. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, the ones I will miss are the Studio Catering Company and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. The Studio Catering Company is one of the only places we eat in this park (other than the sit-down restaurants), and it works for the whole family. Both it and the shaded playground are a nice respite in a very sunny park.

Post Thanks / Like

Now we'll have out own passholder lounge where annual pass holders can go an grap a bite without being concerned it might be crowded, not unlike California Adventure during the previous decade.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

8/18/17

After officially being its own "land" for about a year and a half; Disney's Hollywood Studios has announced that Muppets Courtyard will be absorbed into the newly announced Grand Avenue area as part of the larger re-imagining of the park:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
    Muppets Courtyard, along with a portion of the former Streets of America, is being re-imagined by Walt Disney Imagineering to become a new area called Grand Avenue. Inspired by the revitalization and the vibrant culture of present-day downtown Los Angeles, Grand Avenue is where vintage office buildings and warehouses are being converted to exciting new uses. Guests will soon see facades for “merchants” appearing in this area for a music shop, loft apartments, a tailor and more, with each window on the street featuring charming displays.

The current Muppets Courtyard will become Grand Park, an urban square off Grand Avenue surrounded by shops and restaurants like PizzeRizzo and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. Guests can already see changes in the area, with the Muppets theater being renamed “Grand Arts Theatre” and boasting a brand-new marquee. But, not to worry – Kermit, Miss Piggy and the gang continue to star in their hilarious and irreverent “Muppet*Vision 3D” show.

Grand Avenue will be opening to guests this fall.
    3/26/16

With the large area closures looming for April 2, 2016 at Disney's Hollywood Studios additional details have been announced and demolition in a nearby area has already begun.

Construction walls went up around Premier Theater and the former Phineas & Ferb/Cars Meet & Greet area in January 2016. Exterior demolition work on the Premier Theater has recently become evident from outside the construction walls.

The full list of April 2, 2016 closures has been announced as the following:

• Earffel Tower
    • High Octane Refreshments
    • Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground
    • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
    • Prop Shop
    • Studio Catering Co.
    • Watto's Grotto
    • Youse Guys Moychindice

The Park has internally announced that the wide spread attraction/shop/restaurant closures will result in the effective closure of the Streets of America and Mickey Avenue "lands". The long unofficially named Muppets Courtyard will reportedly become an official "land" and absorb the former Streets of America areas up to Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. Additionally, the remaining stretch of Mickey Avenue will reportedly be absorbed into the Animation Courtyard.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless, that is the retail price, implying they believe it is worth that price. For what it is worth, have you looked at what I was talking about? I'm not sure the 10-day MYW tickets/day price even provides value for what is on that list. They should give money back to anybody who enters that park.
    And this could be even easier with the advent of the Magic Bands. Everyone who uses their band to gain entry gets a $20 credit on their account to use however they want.

Somehow though, I bet that wasn't included in the scope of the 1.5 BILLION DOLLAR NextGen budget... It's a one way door for money in the new system...

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, they could create a whole new park for Disney's Hollywood -- LucasLand (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.), PixarLand (Pixar/Disney Animation), "Disney"Land (classic and not-so-classic Disney heroes and villains), MarvelLand (OOPS!! Skip that one due to the Universal contract!!), TVLand - all On Air TV shows/networks showcased, MovieLand (all the movie projects that do not fall under Lucas, Marvel, or Pixar/Disney Animation), and even an ESPNLand for sports entertainment.

Yes, that would mean closing the existing park in total and starting from square one, but would that be any worse than piece-mealing it like they are now?
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: