Quantcast D23 Announcements UPDATED

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D23 Announcements UPDATED

So today is the day... Disney is set to make some theme park announcements at D23... Here is a list of what I think they will announce and what they could announce but unknown if they will...

MK - I think Tron coaster and Speedway replacement will be announced, almost 100% certain... They could announce the Tomorowland make over, Stitch replacement, Moana coming to Adventureland, new entertainment stage/theater, more HoP info... but sure they wont...

Epcot - I think they will announce Guardians taking over UoE, Ratatoullie in France... They could announce Brazil as new country, new attraction in UK, the scheduled make over of the entrance and spine area of Futureworld... DVC resort attached to the park...

DHS - i am certain we get the Mickey ride taking over Great Movie Ride announcement... More Star Wars and Toy Story info... other than a Fantasmic update and theme park name change I dont think there is anything else to announce at the moment...

ANIMAL KINGDOM - Discuss the success of Pandora... could announce Dinoland USA make over or Zootopia coming to DAK... but i doubt it very much...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 07-15-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Thanks eam, VWL Mom thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea... we can get official gondala announcements and maybe an announcement about the Star Wars hotel... more DVC updates on Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs... or the Key West room upgrades...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

5. Thanks eam, goofy for pluto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, thanks for your thoughts and updates
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

6:00 PM cannot come fast enough...

8. Likes Dulcee, goofy for pluto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They say not liking change is a sign of old age. Well guess I am old then. I hate all the new rides being virtual reality a lot of the time. If I want to watch a movie I could stay home. Also can we have one year where nothing is under construction, just one. I also want Walts original rides to stay the same even if it's not PC. Ok rant over.
    TRACEY

10. Likes VWL Mom, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    They say not liking change is a sign of old age. Well guess I am old then. I hate all the new rides being virtual reality a lot of the time. If I want to watch a movie I could stay home. Also can we have one year where nothing is under construction, just one. I also want Walts original rides to stay the same even if it's not PC. Ok rant over.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can I get an Amen here!!!

AMEN
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Links below are to Disney Parks Blogs as they post

Star Wars Land
    • The official name for the new Star Wars Land:Galaxy's Edge
    • Anaheim will open before WDW

Toy Story Land
    • Expected to open Summer 2018

DHS Ride Change
    • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will replace the Great Movie Ride
    • Ride through cartoons with Goofy as engineer
    • Aug 13, 2017 last day for GMR (wow)

EPCOT
    • Ratatouille Confirmed for France
    • New China Film in Circle vision
    • Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed
    • Mission Space ride update plus a TS restaurant

MK

Resorts

Transportation

DCL
    • Announced 5th, 6th, and 7th ship
    • Adding new Beauty and the Beast show

DisneyLand

Looks like that's it
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 07-15-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

14. Thanks goofy for pluto, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

yes!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Woo hoo!!

17. Thanks Exo thanked for this post
    Likes VWL Mom, Exo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am SO UPSET over losing my beloved Great Movie Ride. I was hopeful for one last ride before it closes, but I'm going this September so it will be closed by then. Otherwise, all these of these sound FANTASTIC (except Tron cause I don't do roller coasters, but it will keep lines shorter elsewhere!).
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Here's the Press Release:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek Announces Extraordinary Line-up of Experiences Coming to Disney Parks around the Globe

ANAHEIM, Calif. (July 15, 2017) – Today at D23 Expo 2017, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announced an extraordinary line-up of brand new attractions and experiences coming to its parks and resorts around the world ...

In addition to the announcement that Fantasmic! will return to Disneyland Park tonight, two nights early in honor of the Expo, fans were treated to a glimpse of the new “Beauty and the Beast” musical production coming to the Disney Dream on Disney Cruise Line, currently in production in Toronto, and a special one-night-only medley of nostalgic entertainment numbers showcasing the heritage of Disney Parks.

“On the heels of the many new and incredibly popular experiences that just debuted this year, the best is yet to come. We have ambitious plans for our parks and resorts around the world,” said Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “We’re investing in the guest experience like never before, and we’re doing it all in way that is only possible at Disney!”

From new lodging and transportation options that make getting around more fun, to original storytelling and immersive experiences based on guests’ favorites, Disney continues to provide unparalleled vacation destinations for guests across the globe in even more exciting ways than ever before.

Immersive Theme Park Experiences and Attractions

An Unprecedented First Look at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Fans were elated to hear their Star Wars stories will come to life in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the newly announced name for the Star Wars-themed lands. Chapek shared exciting new details and a glimpse inside the two anchor attractions, including one that puts guests right in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance where guests will feel like they are inside

a hangar bay on a Star Destroyer. Guests will also have the chance to fly the Millennium Falcon, where each guest is critical to the mission’s success. Chapek also revealed many characters that guests will meet, including BB-8, Chewbacca, Rex and Kylo Ren. Representing the largest single-themed land expansion at 14 acres each, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in 2019, with the first land debuting at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, then at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando.

Timeless Transformation of Epcot Revealed

Looking ahead to the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, there are grand plans to complete the transformation that started with the debut of New Fantasyland in 2014. Chapek announced exciting plans across Epcot to realize the original vision of the park while making it more timeless and relevant than ever before. Patterned after the number one family attraction at Disneyland Paris, Ratatouille will be added in an all-new space in the France pavilion at World Showcase.Name:  rat2340987FI.jpg
Views: 4679
Size:  64.2 KB

Epcot will also see the addition of a brand new E-ticket attraction based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of Guardians of the Galaxy, the next step in how guests can encounter these characters at Walt Disney World Resort. In Future World, a new Green Mission at Mission: SPACE will take guests on a stunning tour around the Earth, and an updated Orange Mission will make the trip to Mars even more spectacular. Adjacent to Mission: Space will be a new restaurant that will invite guests to travel high above the earth for an unforgettable dining experience.Name:  guar0874324.jpg
Views: 4702
Size:  26.8 KB

More Thrills than Ever Planned for Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom

Disney remains at the cutting edge of deeply immersive, creative storytelling that draws guests into new worlds, and it is a legacy that lives on in every new Disney Parks experience. The first-ever Mickey-themed ride-through attraction, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, will come to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With a new original story and lovable attraction theme song, this new state-of-the-art ride-through attraction will take guests on a journey inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts using new technologies that transform the flat cartoon world into an incredible dimensional experience.

Chapek also announced that the highest rated attraction at Shanghai Disneyland is coming to Walt Disney World Resort. A thrilling, Tron-themed attraction will be added in a new area near Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom. Name:  Image_WDW_TRON.jpg
Views: 4628
Size:  46.0 KB

Additionally, a new live entertainment theater coming to Main Street, U.S.A., based on the iconic Willis Theater in 1920s Kansas City, will bring world-class entertainment to the world’s most popular park.Name:  WDWKCMT5789436.jpg
Views: 4656
Size:  52.9 KB

Pixar Fun at the Happiest Place on Earth

In addition to announcing the summer 2018 opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Chapek was joined by Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios John Lasseter to unveil plans for Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure, where the pier will take on a brand new look as more favorite Pixar characters and stories come to life, from The Incredibles, to Inside Out to even more Toy Story. Chapek also announced there is more Pixar in store during Pixar Fest at Disneyland Resort. Starting in 2018, this limited-time offering will include a new fireworks spectacular as well as special characters and entertainment moments.Name:  npifi498978951.jpg
Views: 4635
Size:  55.8 KB

As part of the celebration, the Pixar Play Parade will return to Disneyland Resort – this time at

Disneyland Park – and the fan favorite Paint the Night Parade will move to Disney California Adventure, one of Disney’s longest parade routes.

Disney Cruise Line to Double the Size of its Fleet by 2023

Chapek surprised the crowd by announcing that Disney Cruise Line will add one more ship in its expansion to take family cruise vacations to a whole new level. Joining the other two new ships that were announced just last year, all three ships will be powered by one of the cleanest-burning fuels available, liquefied natural gas. When all three ships are completed by 2023, Disney Cruise Line will have nearly doubled the size of the fleet.

Immersive Hotel Concepts

Among the announcements were projects that infuse even more exciting experiences for resort hotel guests in ways that are only possible at Disney. To the delight of fans, Chapek confirmed ambitious plans to create the most experiential concept ever in an immersive Star Wars-themed hotel at Walt Disney World Resort. Dedicated entirely to the galaxy of Star Wars, it will be a one-of-a-kind experience where a luxury resort meets a multi-day adventure in a galaxy far, far away.

Adding to the immersive resort hotel slate, Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel at Disneyland Paris will transport guests to the action-packed world of Super Heroes, including Iron Man, The Avengers, Spider-Man and more. Guests will be able to explore the Marvel Universe through its comic art, films, Super Hero costumes and more, displayed in the style of a contemporary art gallery.

Leading up to the July 17 opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Chapek also announced the proposed 15th Disney Vacation Club property, Disney Riviera Resort, coming to Walt Disney World Resort near Epcot.

Seamless Transportation Options

Completing the immersion so guests never have to leave the story while on a Disney vacation, Chapek announced plans that will make getting around Walt Disney World Resort even more fun. An all-new Minnie Van service will provide a point-to-point transportation service in a way that only Disney can do, giving guests an even more seamless resort vacation from start to finish.

Additionally, a whole new transportation system called Disney Skyliner will give guests a birds-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort. This brand new system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts, as well as the proposed new Disney Riviera Resort, with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.

Honoring the Heritage of Disney Parks

In a memorable tribute to the legacy of beloved attractions, entertainment and characters, fans enjoyed a special one-time-only performance of entertainment numbers from Disney Parks

through the years. Following the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade, Chapek hinted there are even more fan favorites in store from Disney Parks’ storied past.
    To make way for the expansion, the Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are currently scheduled to close August 13, 2017.

The new theater at the Magic Kingdom is expected to be part of the reclamation of the Main Street By-Pass area. It appears from the concept art and general review of available land, that the new theater will be built along the current by-pass presumably after additional themeing has been added to the area to permanently make it part of the Main Street USA area.

The new space restaurant is expected to be built on a small lot of land between Mission: Space and Test Track.

The new Disney Vacation Club Resort (Disney Riviera Resort) is expected to be built on the recently razed villages of Disney's Caribbean Beach resort due to the description of it being on the new Disney Skyliner loop.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of exciting stuff but I am bummed the Brazil rumor didn't pan out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Lots of exciting stuff but I am bummed the Brazil rumor didn't pan out.
    It should still be coming... i understand it was a last minute cut... same as the Tron Speedway..

22. Likes Dulcee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

China's new movie was a surprise announcement... let's welcome Mulan as the new host!!! Yes I am serious...

24. Likes VWL Mom, heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some things are really exciting, some, not so much.

Sounds like a lot of reuse. The Millenium falcon sounds a lot like mission space..

If they reuse any other technologies, hopefully no new disco Yetis
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My takeaway at this point is that there is a lot of hub-bub for not much payoff ride-wise. I don't like thrill rides, so Disney might be moving away from me in the attraction area. I'll wait and see, but I'm not thrilled right now...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

27. Likes disneycutie165 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm most excited about Tron and the day when Hollywood Studios starts to resemble a functioning park again. That said, I'm depressed that I've seen the last of stupid Judy and GMR and that edutainment is dead.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

29. Likes Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, some of the things going on are going to be bittersweet. I don't like change all that much. But at the same time, Disney needed to do this. They have a big punch going. They needed to do this. And I hope they have a few smaller punches that we don't yet know about too.
    I'm excited about Epcot the most. Guardians. Ratatouille.
    And Tron at MK will be a pretty sweet addition
    I'm on board! Just light the fire and get it all done sooner than later. Let's go
    Yes, I know...patience, grasshopper

Pixar Pier though weird.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but I thought they would announce the new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios at this event. Is the name still changing?
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: