Quantcast A Longwood Christmas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Longwood Christmas

One of our favorite places to go since moving to PA 6 years ago is Longwood Gardens. This year their Christmas display is incredible. If you live anywhere close to Phiily or plan a visit this December, be sure to add a visit to Longwood to your list.

The theme is waterfalls and a color scheme of blue,green, gold, silver. Of course lots of red and white with all the holiday blooms. The indoor fountains are really fun with a lot of movement and creative designs. My favorite are a trio of volcanic stone from Washiington state - they drilled holes in the long columns and water trickles over the top. I want those in my backyard!

The music room has beautiful furniture they brought out from the Duponts personnel collection and every piece is so pretty. The trees in the music room are decorated with glass balls and inside is a water lily bloom harvested from the summer lily ponds at Longwood. They picked the blossoms when they opened, preserved them and they look like they just opened. Also a small garden area not normally seen is now seen through a large window and doors. Very nice seating area that was hidden by normally drawn curtains.

The room with cactus has a very pretty fountain/plant display that is overflowing with colorful plants.

It is refreshing to see other colors used in the displays. Just a red/white theme gets a little boring room after room.

The outside grounds have lots of holiday lights and we were very lucky to have a warm night to explore.

Don't miss this beautiful display at Longwood this holiday season. We also enjoy the cafe.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds lovely!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Been there many times as I used to live outside philly - and then even after as we'd drive by it on the way to my parents. It is seriously amazing and a great night out.

http://longwoodgardens.org/events-an...wood-christmas

John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

It is without doubt one of the most beautiful Christmas events I've ever been to. We try to make it (from the DC area) every year.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Much like WDW, it's best to go now. It's busy leading up to Christmas, but it's packed the week between the holidays. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if there is enough to see if you go between seasons? End of winter/beginning Spring in March timeframe. Just wondering if it is worth a trip before Spring blooms occur?

BWV & HH

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Does anyone know if there is enough to see if you go between seasons? End of winter/beginning Spring in March timeframe. Just wondering if it is worth a trip before Spring blooms occur?
    Longwood is beautiful year around. Their webpage is full of details regarding special events, etc. As soon as I can check my membership brochure, I'll provide more info. Do you have specific questions?
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to take a day trip this week, and wasn't sure it was the right time because of the weather. I looked on the website and it shows the orchids are in bloom, etc. But, would it be enough to see there at this time of the year? Or is it really better to wait for outdoor displays when Spring flowers come into bloom?

BWV & HH

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: