Yesterday went to Philly Pops Disney in Concert at Verizon Hall Kimmel Center. I love the Philly Pops but was disappointed in this particular performance. They had singers for almost every song arrangement and a screen showing idea clips of the movie. Too much going on. The 2 female singers hit most of their notes and we're pretty good. But I have heard just as good at WDW at some of the attractions. The 2 guys either sounded pretty good or missed their notes so bad I was cringing.

The best arrangement of the show was 'Pirates of the Caribbean Suite'. No singers and no video- just the orchestra.

Other arrangements were Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Hunchback, Frozen, Aladdin, Lion King and a medley at the beginning.

I enjoyed hearing music from Hunchback and some of the others- been a long time since I saw that movie. Also Jungle Book had some fun songs featured.

The kids in the audience went crazy when the Frozen video showed up on screen and sang very loud along with the onstage singers. Frozen fever isn't going away, for sure.

The first medley they showed a lot of short clips from classics. They stayed a little too long with It's a Small world. At the end of the concert, after the clapping they added another piece for the crowd. It was a very long It's a Small World piece, sung 3 different ways and I was so ready to get out of there by then.

The Disney Pixar Pops concert last year was SO much better. Not sure if I want to get tickets for the Star Wars concert in spring.

Is this a concert touring around the country with different orchestras?