Quantcast MDE issue

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: MDE issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default MDE issue

So we are finally going back for the first time since FP+ and the Magic Bands were put in place. I have been dreading dealing with it and now the problems have began.

I have a strange problem. After I spent what seemed like forever linking the tickets and fighting through the FP+ process using the app on my phone, yesterday I logged in from the computer to look over the FP+ reservations and possibly make a few adjustments. Well, nothing shows up when I log in from the computer. No hotel reservations, no FP+, nothing at all. I go back to my phone, open the app and it is all there. Log out, go back to the computer, log in using the same login as the app and nothing. I have checked it several times. Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

I am so sick of trying to plan this vacation. It has been one great big pain in the rear and I am ready for it to just be over with.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am now in my 3rd MDE vacation, and the website seems to be getting more buggy instead of less after 2.5 years of existence.

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer on your PC, I would delete all cookies, history, and temporary internet files, then log back in and spin the wheel.

If it lands on Lose a Turn, try using Chrome to access your account. I have on many occasions had items that I could see using Chrome, but was simply non-existent using IE.

If that doesn't work, log out of the mobile app and log back in so that you can be absolutely sure you are using the same account that you think you are using.

If that doesn't work, . It worked for me, once.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having the same issue. Its been fine for weeks. Go in to purchase the memory maker package and poof! its all gone. I can access everything through my phone but can't get it back on a browser...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have to update security questions recently? That is when the trouble started for me. I've been told to call the help number as it may have "duplicated my account." I've yet to get around to it though.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely give the MDE tech folks a call at 407-939-4357, Option 3 after English....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Did you have to update security questions recently? That is when the trouble started for me. I've been told to call the help number as it may have "duplicated my account." I've yet to get around to it though.
    Actually, yes it did make me update security questions when I attempted to log in from my computer. Now that you mention it, that is when the trouble began and it does seem that I may have two accounts now. One that I can get to from the app on my phone where all of my reservations and such still show and then another that I can get to from a web browser that shows absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DebK View Post
    Definitely give the MDE tech folks a call at 407-939-4357, Option 3 after English....
    I don't have time to be their beta tester and certainly don't have time to be sitting on hold waiting for someone to fix their mess. Maybe I should say I don't have the patience to deal with it and may end up getting myself banned from the parks if I call. At this point it wouldn't take very much for me to have a melt down. lol

Well, this trip is turning out to be every bit as frustrating as I was afraid it was going to be. I am so sick of fighting with the app, the website and having to research park hours, show times, etc. and then try to pre-plan in fine grain detail every moment of my so called vacation. It is absurd that they have made a vacation so complicated and time consuming to set up.

Post Thanks / Like

That department is one of the few where I haven't had to wait long for someone to pick up and help out. Other places and times, yes, there can be a wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Also had a problem last weekend. Called On Monday AM got an answer right away. Needed my password reset after security update. Took only few minutes for them to fix problem.
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

Well I sent them an email.......they emailed me back and said they were aware of the password issues after the upgrade. They told me to call the number mentioned above instead of just fixing it. lol

Looks like if I want it fixed at some point, I am going to have to call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Looks like if I want it fixed at some point, I am going to have to call.
    I am pretty sure you can do it yourself, just reset your own ppassword.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to calling. No wait on the phone and they fixed it under 5 minutes!

șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up having to call. It was more than a password problem. I could access my MDE from the app but the system had spawned an entirely new MDE account when accessed from a web browser that did not display any of my reservations or tickets. There was no way to access my real account online from a browser.

After the first call, they fixed my online access but then when I was trying to make a dining reservation when one finally opened up and I had to reenter my password, my app stopped allowing access. It resulted in me missing the chance at the dining reservation because it was gone by the time I tried via MDE online. I had to call tech support again, while in line for a ride and get them to once again work on my MDE account. This time they fixed both the app access and online and I never had a problem again. However, it was extremely irritating having to deal with this nonsense while on vacation.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: