Quantcast Southwest early bird question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southwest early bird question

We have 4 people in our party and Southwest is booked with the early bird option in place. We have the possibility of bringing a 6 year old with us. When I purchase her air fare, will it be necessary to purchase the early bird portion for her as well or will SW simply allow her to stand in line with us.
    Jodie

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    We have 4 people in our party and Southwest is booked with the early bird option in place. We have the possibility of bringing a 6 year old with us. When I purchase her air fare, will it be necessary to purchase the early bird portion for her as well or will SW simply allow her to stand in line with us.
    I would buy them early bird as well. I don't know if anyone would put up a stink in the line, but it really is the right thing to do. And everyone stands with the highest number. I've heard some flight attendents say things when people line up out of order, once we were "yelled at" because our young one wasn't carrying his own boarding pass. This was back around the time they started putting up a stink about it. I've heard them mention that everyone in the party needs to get early bird (I assume they got one early bird and everyone lined up with the lowest number). I've also seen them enforce the no saving seats rules.

I like Southwest, they are pretty clear about the rules and usually stick to them. It's really the only fair was to handle it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I really wasn't sure since she's so young. Just wanted to be prepared ahead of time.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

They will not give you a hard time because she is so young. She can stand with you and you can board together. Don't worry about it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but if you expect her to board early with you, you should purchase the early bird option. I've seen heated discussions in line with one person purchasing and then bring a whole gangle of kids and the other parent in line. IF YOU WANT TO BOARD EARLY...PAY THE FEE.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

7. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you expect her to board early with you, you should purchase the early bird option. I've seen heated discussions in line with one person purchasing and then bring a whole gangle of kids and the other parent in line. IF YOU WANT TO BOARD EARLY...PAY THE FEE.
    Agreed! It is the right thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem here is, since the six year old doesn't have a ticket yet (presumably), if the other 4 tickets purchased Early Bird already, when you purchase it for the 6 year old, she will be further back in the EB queue than you are. EB boarding position is based on how far in advance the EB was added on. So, the six year old will have a way higher boarding number than the 4 of you. So, you are back at square one. I would agree you should purchase it regardless, but you will still be in a position to want to have her board with the rest of you. And it will not be a problem.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: