Quantcast Club Villain Coming to Sunset Showcase at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Club Villain Coming to Sunset Showcase at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

From Disney PR:

Recently, we shared that Club Disney, the premier engagement at the new Sunset Showcase event venue, will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on Dec. 5, 2015. Today we’re excited to announce an additional experience guests can enjoy at Sunset Showcase.

Beginning Jan. 16, 2015, the mysterious Dr. Facilier welcomes parkgoers into Club Villain, his parlor of mystical mishaps, for a spellbinding evening. This special-ticket event, offered only on select evenings, will feature musical numbers with the help of a DJ, as well as appearances by the divas of evil – Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Cruella De Vil, and the Evil Queen. Throughout the evening, your Clients can enjoy fiendish concoctions from the Potions Bar and savor culinary delights from New Orleans while they mingle with the villains and dance the night away!

The price is $99 per person (tax and gratuity included). Package availability is limited. Club Disney will continue to operate during the day at Sunset Showcase so Guests can join Mickey and friends on the dance floor.

Advance reservations are recommended and can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE or online at Disneyworld.com/Dine. A separate ticket admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required.

Name:  dtnemail-Club_Villain_Logo_1_-8b53f.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  19.5 KB
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A little more info:

Know Before You Go:

• Separate admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required, and is not included in the price of this package.
    • Club Villain will be offered on *select evenings only. Please check the booking calendar for specific dates and times, as operating hours may vary.
    • This event will offer banquet style seating, so you may be seated with other parties.
    • Entertainment is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
    • Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. A valid form of government identification will be required to verify age.
    • This offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
    • Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event.

*Select Evenings are Saturday nights Jan 16 -March 26 at this time.

Here is the buffet menu (subject to change):

This spellbinding evening features decadent New Orleans delicacies like tender beef striploin rubbed with herbes de Provence, Voodoo sticky “pig wings” with citrus gremolata and spicy shrimp sautéed with Andouille sausage, tomato, okra and onions over creamy polenta.
    Unverified: At this time, I can't find any info on how many hours it will be. I'd guess about 2 as most shows are and most also include wine and beer in the price.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! It sounds like fun, but that is *expensive!!*
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Considering your meal, alcohol and entertainment is included (along with the tax and gratuity), the price isn't ALL that bad. This is definitely something DH and I would do on a future trip. I'm sure this will be popular.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Consider this: Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is $72.99 for Category 1 (best) seating; Hoop-Dee-Doo Review is $67.99 for Category 1 (best) seating; and Mickey's Backyard BBQ is $59.99 (max.) and there are no "separate" park tickets to purchase.

Is $99.00 for Club Villain a "good" price? Personally, I don't think so. Someone else can have my seat.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Most people who go to WDW (at least who have packages or room only ressies) already get their park passes in a package, or have AP's (like us). Whether you eat at a resort (no park admission required) or do something like this in a park (park admission required), you would STILL be paying for that day/night in a park anyway. Your Park Hopper or AP just isn't being utilized at Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Many people who would probably do the villains event wouldn't just go and buy a one day park ticket to go. Disney isn't really targeting those people anyway... they love on-site package booking guests.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

There are only a couple of villains we'd want to see, so we wouldn't pay that.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like this has stopped taking bookings through the end of March. Does anyone know if this will continue beyond March or was that it for the test?
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Doubt this will last very long

Post Thanks / Like

Just met someone at star wars fireworks and they loved the villains event. With food and alcohol, not really that bad. If you don't drink, then probably not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drosenbe View Post
    Just met someone at star wars fireworks and they loved the villains event. With food and alcohol, not really that bad. If you don't drink, then probably not worth it.
    I'm at the event right now, and after the opening dance I thought to myself two things: 1) I should have brought my one dollar bills, and 2) is Florida a no-touch state?

I went straight to the bar and that helped mello me out, but right now all I can say is wow....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time when Disney characters act out of character. I think WD would roll over in his grave. I hated seeing Darth Vader do the disco. I am afraid this sounds similar, especially after your comments Goofy4theWorld.

I am sure it will bring in the cash for the share holders, though.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney blog just reported that bookings have been extended through march, and the comments on the blog revealed that Disney also RASIED the price $30 to a whopping $120 per person!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

15. Dislikes magicofdisney disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Can someone give me more information on the Aloha show? We would like to do a couple of shows in September but are not sure which ones lol? Just hubby and I! Thanks!
    Beach Club Villa's 10/03
    Portofino Bay and Beach Club Villa's 10/04
    Saratoga Springs Resort 10/05
    Pop Century and Beach Club Villa's 10/06
    Boardwalk Villas 06/11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: