Quantcast Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Debut new Star Wars Experiences in December

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Debut new Star Wars Experiences in December

Name:  dtnemail-ST0300_marketingV1_300dpi_2015-11-04-4dcb1.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  41.1 KB

Very soon, guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will have the opportunity to experience Star Wars in the park in an all-new way – every day! New experiences will open starting Dec. 1, 2015 bringing that galaxy far, far away, a little bit closer.

Star Wars Launch Bay will take Guests into the Star Wars saga and the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise and opportunities to encounter Chewbacca and Darth Vader.

Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be home to a brand new adventure inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. During the opening months, we’ll make sure that everyone who rides Star Tours will experience the new adventure. After that, it will be up to the will of the Force.

We also have new information about “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi.” It will feature scenes from the complete Star Wars saga, also giving anyone new to the Star Wars galaxy an opportunity to get acquainted with the films.

Last, but certainly not least, is Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, which will open in early December. This reimagined Jedi Training experience will take younglings to the secret site of an ancient Jedi temple where they will face Darth Vader along with the Seventh Sister – a new villain from the Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”

And work begins next year on the 14-acre Star Wars-themed land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With construction underway, unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer Star Wars Weekends. While Star Wars Weekends has been a great way to enjoy the saga for a few days every year, now the Force will be with Disney’s Hollywood Studios every day.

With Star Wars Launch Bay, the new Jedi Training experience, “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi,” and a new destination in the Star Tours attraction opening in December, you’ll be able to step into the Star Wars saga every time you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, since Star Wars weekends is not happening anymore, will this stuff all be permanent? At least until SW land opens? Are they not calling it Season of the Force at WDW? Is that just a Disneyland thing? Kind of confusing.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Are they taking Star Wars weekends away 2016 or are they waiting to take it away once construction is complete?
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

According to today's Disney Parks Blog, Star War's Weekend is done and the reference to it removed from the website.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that when the park is complete, they will bring back some sort of special event - it's inevitable... to big of a cash cow.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    My guess is that when the park is complete, they will bring back some sort of special event - it's inevitable... to big of a cash cow.
    True, but will they be able to handle the crowds? I can see it now...Star Wars Weekends at Epcot...
    Natalie

8. Likes EeyoresBestFriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this!! We arrive on 11/30, so we'll be there for the start! Can't wait to see the new Star Tours scene(s), and finally meet Chewie!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    True, but will they be able to handle the crowds? I can see it now...Star Wars Weekends at Epcot...
    I hope they do put something in EPCOT, ANYTHING to keep people out of my RnRc park will be fantastic!

You know, EPCOT's theming very much connects with Star Wars, so maybe it will be a perfect fit one day.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

14 acres of Star Wars? I feel like I am the only one not thrilled with this. SW weekends were fine but I have never felt like SW was "Disney"
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I am totally with you there...maybe at some point I will enjoy this (when my son is much older) but I have never been a big fan of SW and putting 14 acres of it at WDW doesn't me it any easier.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this over now? I'm going to Disney soon and I'm a big Star Wars fan. What sort of attractions did they put on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8 View Post
    So is this over now? I'm going to Disney soon and I'm a big Star Wars fan. What sort of attractions did they put on?
    No, it's ongoing. Supposed to go until Memorial day weekend or so.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: