Quantcast Annual Pass Changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual Pass Changes

Annual pass changes in the works... Info to be released shortly... Possibly releasing info on 10/4/2015... Well, that is today LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum - New $749 Renewal $635
    Platinum Plus - New $829 Renewal $705
    Above prices do not include tax

Platinum :
    • One year of admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks (during normal operating hours)
    • The ability to go from park to park on the same day
    • Theme park parking
    • Disney PhotoPass downloads*
    • Special offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels
    • Discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours

Platinum Plus:
    • One year of admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks (during normal operating hours)
    • The ability to go from park to park on the same day
    • Theme park parking
    • Admission to 2 fantastic Disney water parks¹, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex² and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course³
    • Disney PhotoPass downloads*
    • Special offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels
    • Discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours are also included
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

sigh. everyone in may immediate family doesnt NEED memory maker--so the fact that there is no kids pricing on these makes me a little batty.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

There are changes to the Florida Resident Plan too. I'm not going to list the benefits of platinum and platinum plus since Lynn already did

Old Florida Resident Annual Pass Prices

Florida Resident Premium $649
    Now called Platinum Plus

Florida Resident Annual $529 Renewal $449. (I renewed at $409 in February)
    No block outs

Florida Resident Seasonal $329 Renewal $279
    Blockouts and no parking

Weekday Select $225
    block out dates, no weekends, no parking

Epcot after 4 $199
    No parking

New Florida Resident Annual Pass Prices

Disney Platinum Plus $729 new $619 renewal Charter $599

Adds Photopass

Disney Platinum

$649 new $549 renewal $539 (charter?)

Adds photo pass

Disney Gold Pass
    $549 new, $466 renewal
    Block out dates
    Adds photo pass download and parking to old seasonal

Disney Silver $389 new $330 renewal
    Block out dates
    Basically old seasonal plus parking

Weekday Select $259
    Added parking

Epcot After 4
    Added parking $249 renewal $211

I have no idea what a charter member is. I found that on another site. My guess is those of us who have old annual passes as a Florida resident or DVC member gets to renew at a slightly lower rate than someone who buys a ticket today.

Edited to add the renewal prices listed are what I paid to renew my pass in February and my family's passes in June.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    sigh. everyone in may immediate family doesnt NEED memory maker--so the fact that there is no kids pricing on these makes me a little batty.
    Agreed. As a Florida resident there is a silver option that doesn't include photo pass but all the passes include parking. I'm pretty sure my 7 and 9 year old aren't going to drive to the parks by themselves.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

So doing the math as a Florida resident. . .

We currently have one full annual and 3 seasonals for a pre tax price of $1246.

Our renewal would be one Platinum and 2 silvers if we kept everything the same and would be $1529 which is an increase of $283 over my last renewal. However I renewed mine right before the last increase so technically if everything stayed the same I would have gone up $40 on my next renewal even without changes.

I suppose you could argue that on my pass the increase of $130 is worth it if you buy Photopass which I usually don't. If I stick with that pass, you can bet I'll be downloading everything they take.

On the new Silver pass, it is only an increase of $51 which is not bad when you add in the parking benefit but for us that becomes an increase of $153 for parking we do not need since I already had it on my pass.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Are they still going to do the payment plan monthly on these for Florida residents?
    I can't like, I'm a little bummed. The pricing is getting a little crazy for this lower middle class family.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Are they still going to do the payment plan monthly on these for Florida residents?
    I can't like, I'm a little bummed. The pricing is getting a little crazy for this lower middle class family.
    They are still showing the payment plan options on the website.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a note on the FL res passes since I can not edit my original post.

Gold and Silver have different block out dates. Silver has the traditional seasonal block outs. Gold does not have a summer block out but does have the block outs around Easter and Christmas.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to remind everyone about that survey Disney sent out several months back about tiered pricing... It begins... They need to make the money up from the failed, and way too expensive MyMagic Plus nightmare...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they trying to thin out the masses of AP holders? Between the WDW price increases and the Disneyland price increases, it will certainly discourage a significant number of people from buying AP's for their families, even with the resident discounts (which is what we had when we lived in Florida).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    They are still showing the payment plan options on the website.
    Thank you. I just found it! It wouldn't load for a while. Too much traffic maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Adding a note on the FL res passes since I can not edit my original post.

Gold and Silver have different block out dates. Silver has the traditional seasonal block outs. Gold does not have a summer block out but does have the block outs around Easter and Christmas.
    I noticed that. I kind of like that part. I'll probably get the Gold for myself [because it's way too crowded around those two weeks around those holidays for me anyway.
    I'll get my children the Silver because I rarely take them in the summer because they don't do well in the heat [especially my oldest]. But my best friend and I hit EPCOT a lot for a girls days out!

I do like having the photo pass and that part don't mind paying a bit more.

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

...and how many AP holders actually go to events at Wide World of Sports, or play golf (now included in the new AP's)?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

These prices are a bargain compared to Disneyland's increases. The Premuim AP jumped $300! It's $1049 now.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Plus it's the second price increase this year. We definitely won't renew, and will be going less frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

We have decided not to renew our fl resident annual passes. Staggs and Iger are greedy and this looks like they are weeding out regular guests, only the super rich. We were just talking the other night about their new attractions that they are building and wondering if they would be as cheap looking as the new fantasyland editions.
    We are going with Universal, they have added great attractions and the annual passes are affordable. Sad, since we have been going to Disney since opening day.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    [*]The ability to go from park to park on the same day
    That this is something they have to mention is both funny and offensive at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Are they trying to thin out the masses of AP holders? Between the WDW price increases and the Disneyland price increases, it will certainly discourage a significant number of people from buying AP's for their families, even with the resident discounts (which is what we had when we lived in Florida).
    They definitely are and have been for a while. The prices will go up until attendance declines. Unlike what they do with parking, this is a real open market and anybody unhappy with the escalation really should stop going. That is the only thing that can change this trajectory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    That this is something they have to mention is both funny and offensive at the same time.

They definitely are and have been for a while. The prices will go up until attendance declines. Unlike what they do with parking, this is a real open market and anybody unhappy with the escalation really should stop going. That is the only thing that can change this trajectory.
    Yeah I chuckled and rolled my eyes at that one at the same time.

As much as it makes me sad I may need to look at not renewing both of my son's passes in December and look at Legoland passes for them. And I loath LL with a passion. But it's only 25 minutes from us and much cheaper.
    I'll keep my pass for sure because I adore EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

I called DVC Member services this afternoon to ask a few questions on what is available for DVC owners. For those of you who are DVC members, I will post that info in the next post. Discussed this with my sister and we will get the Gold pass, which we can get for the renewal price, per Disney's email they sent us. They made our decision for us to go to the beach for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I just want to remind everyone about that survey Disney sent out several months back about tiered pricing... It begins
    As I remember, many people commented that we could see this plan being implemented for Annual Passes, which is exactly what has happened. I think if this does not achieve the the profit numbers that are forecasted by the people in the ivory tower, it may not be rolled out to the other types of ticket media, at least not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I think this is the main reason for the new AP pricing structure. I know many people on here and our Facebook page have complained about the large crowds they experienced when they visited.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    These prices are a bargain compared to Disneyland's increases. The Premuim AP jumped $300! It's $1049 now.
    Absolutely! I saw the DL prices and I was in shock!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

DVC AP options and Pricing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: