Quantcast After Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default After Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Wasn't quite sure where I should post this but here's my question.

My daughter coaches a high school cheerleader team. 7 of the girls qualified and were invited to march in the Macy's Parade, she will be with them. Girls will be coming from all over the US. They will go into NYC early and they have a full week of learning what they will be doing and getting do a lot of tourist type things, all organized by the group that runs this.
    Now comes the strange part - immediately after the parade they are "done" as far as this organization is concerned. Some groups that are close to NYC will be going home at once. Others the travel arrangements are for Friday, the next morning. My daughters group is in that category. They have not been given any suggestions or arrangements made for them for a Thanksgiving lunch or dinner.
    Is there anyone out there who might be able to help out with some suggestions. It would need to be something on the reasonable side price wise, they are not wealthy kids and the cost of the trip had them fund raising for months now.
    Thanks for the help from a grandma who really hopes they can find a turkey dinner somewhere.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything that comes to mind is pricey and will still be non-traditional at best. I think they can eat turkey when they get home and enjoy the less pricey things NY has to offer while they are there... like Shake Shack or a NY deli like Katz or Carnegie Deli (where sandwiches are big enough to split). Or maybe some great NY pizza. Or something new to them like a ramen house, or Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean food. The possibilities are endless. Unless they insist on sticking with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, in which case I don't know. Maybe a diner type place like Jake's in Times Square or Rosie O'Grady's? I really don't know for sure. I do think girls that age would probably want to experience something like Shake Shack, though, over finding a turkey dinner.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Sherri, if it were me I'd choose Carnegie Deli. My daughter has had whining from the girls about turkey dinner. Go figure.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I agree Sherri, if it were me I'd choose Carnegie Deli. My daughter has had whining from the girls about turkey dinner. Go figure.
    Yeah, we worry about these things for our kids more than they worry about it, maybe? But I do hope they find what makes them happy and that they have a great trip. What a unique experience!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter's college marching band is marching in the parade. They are having dinner at their hotel. We're going to the parade, but aren't sure whether family is invited to the band's thanksgiving dinner or not (the band is very large), so I'm looking at places just in case as well. One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of places may be closed for the holiday. Open Table has a list of places that will take group reservations for a start. If you Google "restaurants open on Thanksgiving in NYC" you'll get quite a few helpful links.
    Holly
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. At last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion." Dr. B. Honeydew

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: