Quantcast Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash

From MS:
    Get ready to rock with a park-wide nighttime beach party bonanza–exclusively for Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests!

Join us July 23, July 28, August 4 or August 11, 2015 for a complimentary evening of fun, games, and dancing–along with tasty frozen treats to beat the summer heat. From 9:30 PM until 12:30 AM, get down with DJ AMP for hot dance mixes inspired by the sizzling '60s, Teen Beach Movie and Teen Beach 2. It's your chance to explore Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park as the park becomes your playground for the evening.

From relays on the sand and hula hoop spinning to water balloons and beach ball tossing, the Disney Vacation Club Neighborhood Beach Bash is sure to get Members and their Guests into the spirit of the Coolest Summer Ever!

Members and their Guests will be allowed into Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park at 7:00 PM to get the party started a little earlier.

Reservations required. Members must be staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel during their preferred event date. Please have your reservation number ready to book for this event by calling Member Services.

Price: Free

Important Details:
    Membership Card Required at Check In
    Must be staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel during the event to book
    Offer is non-transferable
    Booking windows for the event dates are as follows:
    For July 23, booking takes place from July 8 through July 16, 2015
    For July 28, booking takes place from July 10 through July 21, 2015
    For August 4, booking begins July 15 through July 28, 2015
    For August 11, booking begins July 17 through August 4, 2015
    For early admission, use regular bus location to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.

Bus transportation will be offered between select Disney Vacation Club Resorts and Typhoon Lagoon starting at 8:30 PM—and will continue throughout the event. To take the bus, simply meet in the main lobby at one of the following Disney Vacation Club Resorts:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
    Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
    The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
    Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    Disney's Boardwalk Villas
    Disney's Beach Club Villas
    Disney's Old Key West Resort
    Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    Party size limit:

Member and up to the number of Guests staying in their Resort accommodations.
    This is an open-air facility; experience is subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather.
    Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted. Reservations can be made or altered within the designated booking window.
    We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance. Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.
    Membership should not be purchased based on Member benefits featured, as they can change or end without notice.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! We had a great time at a Typhoon Lagoon evening beach party many years ago. Even better, we waited out a two-hour thunderstorm in the afternoon and practically had the park to ourselves!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the night we arrive. Realistically I don't think we will have enough energy for it with the long travelling day and time difference.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone going? We are booked for July 28. So excited.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

We are booked for 7/28 as well! So excited!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

For those that have gone to either July 23 or July 28 I was wondering how it was?
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the first one.
    Happy to report it was very well done.
    When I have more time, I'll post a more detailed report.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We went on the 28th. What a fun night. We arrived around 8:00 and it was raining at that time. Wet is wet so we went ahead and enjoyed the rides. At 9:30 the served some complimentary snacks. Chips, Mickey bars, fruit bars, lemonade and water. Overall a well done event.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    I went to the first one.
    Happy to report it was very well done.
    When I have more time, I'll post a more detailed report.
    Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    We went on the 28th. What a fun night. We arrived around 8:00 and it was raining at that time. Wet is wet so we went ahead and enjoyed the rides. At 9:30 the served some complimentary snacks. Chips, Mickey bars, fruit bars, lemonade and water. Overall a well done event.
    Good to hear, I hope they add more perks like this. Was it crowded?
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

My family, DW, DS (16), DD (14), and I attended the first "Beach Party Bash" at Typhoon Lagoon on Thursday, July 23. This will be a lengthy post, so please be patient...

We were staying at the VWL; and let me be the first to admit - most "special events," be it a TIW, DVC, or AP special, we usually miss. We refuse to take our kids out of school to head to WDW (no arguments, please), so when we do travel, so does most of America.

We were a day late in signing up for the July 23rd event, and I was prepared to be shut out. Alas, we did get in and both my wife and I were a bit skeptical as to how well this would be run. DW was at last August's Villain's event - which was a disaster. We've attended both MNSSHP and MVMCP, and were not impressed with either (no arguments, please; these are opinions).

We knew that we wanted to get to the DVC Beach Bash early ("early" being any time after 7 PM). My family, with the exception of DD, is an early to bed, early to rise family. So we knew that a party ending after midnight may not bode well for us. So we wanted to get in early and soak up as much as we could.

While staying at the VWL, we discovered that the "regular bus" (not the dedicated DVC Beach Bash Party bus) from WL to TL would require a "transfer" at EPCOT to TL for anyone traveling after 2 PM. The dedicated party buses wouldn't start running until 8 PM. Therefore we made the decision to take a cab from the WL to TL - traffic around DTD be damned! It was one of the better decisions we made. We got to TL very quickly, and there was hardly any traffic on the ride. With tip, I believe we paid $23. For us, quite the bargain.

Upon arrival, we were relieved to see that there was a table dedicated to the DVC party check-in. It was well marked with a large white balloon/light on the table. It was to the right of the regular ticket booths/turnstiles. As we walked over, a representative told us to use a certain queue - although there was no line. They had labels for alphabetical order (something like "A-D", then "E-H", etc...). Since we were there early, there was no line and the middle of the alphabet checked us in, even though our last name ends in "B."

We were given gold wrist bands and entered the park. The lady who checked us in told us that if we booked lockers early, as in - before 8 PM - then they were discounted. The lockers would be $2 before 8 PM, and go up to $15 after 8 PM. So we booked a locker once in the park. Towels were $2 per towel, no discount.

As we were entering and getting our bearings, many people were still leaving TL. The locker lady told us that Crush & Gusher would be open until 8 PM, so my kids ran over and rode it twice with very little wait.

DW and I met up with our kids - who also did some other slides as well (with tubes) and had little/no wait. We all went up and did Humunga Cowabunga; then we tried the speed slides (Stern Burner, etc.).

One really cool thing - when we were in line (5-10 people ahead of us) for the speed slides, we looked east and watched the Delta IV rocket shoot from Cape Canaveral. We, along with everyone else on line, stopped and watched for several minutes - VERY COOL!

When we made our way back to our chairs by the wave pool, we noticed that the waves were not running, and NO ONE was in the pool.
    At first - we were like, uh oh...
    But then a CM informed us that they were stopping some attractions to get the non-DVC'ers out of the park. The wave pool re-opened just after 9, and ran the entire time, as did every attraction except Shark Reef (which had closed at 5) and Crush & Gusher (which closed at 8).

Snacks - they had Doritos, Lays, & BBQ chips. Lemonade & water. Mickey bars, Mickey sandwiches, and orange creamsicles. Also had a few kiosks opened with food for sale. Several makeshift bars around were selling drinks. All food & beverages very accessible with minimal lines.

Dance party was extremely well done - DJ had 4 very good assistants and they kept the kids entertained. My 16 & 14 y/o loved it. Dancing, hula contests, water balloon contests, etc. The dance party crew was professional - they knew what they were doing, and they were very good/enthusiastic about it.

Lilo & Stitch, and Minnie & Mickey were doing M & G's with minimal waits. DW & I went to see Minnie & Mickey at Shark Reef (kids weren't interested). Lilo & Stitch were closer to the wave pool/DJ area.

We left around 11:45 - late for us. Coach buses (similar to DME) took us back to the resort. Our timing was great - as we walked out, a bus pulled up. There were maybe a dozen people on our bus, and it only waited at TL for 10 minutes.

We thought it was among the best after hours special party we've attended with Disney because we felt they kept the crowd numbers so low (really never felt crowded). We did a lot, our teens LOVED it, and we were pleased that it was organized and better than advertised. From check-in to departure, they did this one right.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Frank, thanks for the detailed review. It does sound like they did this one right! Hopefully if they get positive member feedback there will be more of these and others like it.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

My family attended on 7/28. We agreed that it was extremely well run and we hope DVC offers events like this in the future. We had spent all day in Typhoon Lagoon and could not change our days because we had rented a cabana. The weather was iffy all day but like pp said it doesn't matter if it is raining if you are just getting wet. There was no lightning so the park never closed as had happened in previous years. We had dinner at Cape May Cafe and then wanted to stop in EPCOT because we had a 7pm Soarin' fastpass. We were able to check in for the Beach Bash at the Villas at Beach Club which was super convenient. We changed and headed to TL. There was no wait to enter the park. It was about 9pm. We headed to the Storm (body) slides first. The wait was just slightly shorter than it had been during the day. Next, we took a loop around the lazy river. We enjoyed the snacks - Mickey bars/other frozen treats and lemonade. We waited about 5-10 minutes to see Mickey and Minnie. A PhotoPass photographer took a great picture! We spent the rest of our time in the wave pool (which is my boys favorite). There were definitely more people than I expected. I was hoping to do more of the slides with less waiting. Everything was very well organized and well marked. I felt special and my family was very appreciative of this type of event. We would definitely do it again!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: