Quantcast Cs / por / cbr

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cs / por / cbr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cs / por / cbr

Cant decide which of these 3 to stay at. Looking for opinions.

We have never been at CS, but it seems really nice.

We have been at all the other mods.

Love CBR for theme and pool, plus new rooms.

Like the boat access from POR to Downtown Disney.

Just looking for your personal preferences and why.

thanks.
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from Spring Break trip and stayed at CS. Liked the resort, even at a very busy travel time, it didn't seem crowded. The rooms were nice and clean and had a water/pool view in Casitas. Liked the beach area with hammocks and the grounds were pretty. Food court was ok. Las Ventanas was a nice casual sit-down with a great breakfast. Main pool was nice, but very busy. I am glad we stayed there and tried it, but would opt for another moderate next time. Never had problems with the bus transportation to parks.

Haven't stayed at CBR yet, that is on our list to try.

Really like POR-Riverside. My family likes the food court and the offerings there. Boatwrights always has good food. We really like the boat ride to DTD and it is nice for "just a ride" on the river even if you don't get off to go to DTD. The Alligator Bayou has the option for "5" occupants in the room, so we opted to stay there quite a bit when everyone travelled with us. I would stay there again.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I like CBR and POR I don't care for CSR.

I love the theming at CBR and the CMs have always been very friendly and helpful to resolve concerns. I have always had a car when staying at CBR.

I love how quaint POR is.

I hate the dining options at CSR and had the rudest CMs I have ever encounter at any WDW resort.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Love CSR and we really love the business class rooms that offer access to the lounge.

The main pool is great and has activities during the day and the campfire and movies at night.

Everyone we encounter at CSR was very nice and made our stay magical.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely CSR would be our recommendation. The property is really nice, the pool is one of our favorites, and we enjoy the food court. A close second would be POR, mostly because it's a beautiful, peaceful resort to walk and stay and eat - and the boat to DTD. CBR is certainly a nice resort, but low on our list. Enjoy your trip, wherever you decide to stay!

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed our stay at Coronado Springs last summer. We'd be staying there again for marathon weekend if our son hadn't wanted to stay somewhere he hadn't stayed before. It was quiet and relaxed.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

POR has room updates as well. At least I know they have some in the AB section. The layout and options are the same as the new setups at CBR. POR is our personal favorite between it and CBR. You can't go wrong staying where you know and love.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all three and I love all three, each for different reasons.

-- At Coronado Springs, Pepper Market is my favorite of all moderate food courts.
    -- We love the boat ride from both Port Orleans resorts to Downtown Disney.
    -- At Caribbean, we love the theming.

My DW & DD, however, dislike CBR very much, so much so that it's almost a "can't-do" resort for us.

My feeling is you can't go wrong with any of them.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from POR - FQ. Absolutely love the size of this resort. We were in Building 7, which is the farthest from the lobby/food court/pool, but it was still only a five minute walk. And the bonus of that building is that we were also only about 7 minutes from Riverside - so we had our pick of food courts! Stunning view of the river from that building!

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at CBR for the first time in many years, after staying at SS and other deluxes. I was doing some research on it, and one very cool Disney tourist blog that I like to follow had a review of the new CBR rooms, and basically compared it to the Polynesian rooms. They said it may be their new favorite room, anywhere. The pics look awesome, so I can't wait.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and a HUGE draw for us this time is the pool area. The CBR pool looks amazing, esp for a moderate. A splash pool for the kids is a must for us, and the one at CBR looks like one of the best in WDW. That was a really big part in our decision.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: