Quantcast Disney Extends Military Tickets and Room Rates

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Extends Military Tickets and Room Rates

Disney has extended the pricing announced in July on theme park tickets and accommodations for active duty and retired U.S. military personnel at our domestic sites through mid-December.

Tickets must be purchased by Dec. 17 for Walt Disney World Resort, Dec. 18 for Disneyland Resort and used by Dec. 20.
    There is a 12 ticket limit.

Further information can be found here.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. Looks like they expanded the number of tickets that can be purchased - from 6 to 12.

Hypothetically, could a veteran purchase 12 at WDW and 12 at Disneyland? Anyone have any experience with this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Knight View Post
    Hypothetically, could a veteran purchase 12 at WDW and 12 at Disneyland? Anyone have any experience with this?
    Yes! WDW and DL are separate as far as this goes. We have purchased the maximum at both parks in the same year twice.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone confirm if the service member must use one of the tickets or can they just get them for their family?

We will most likely have APs but we'd like to buy 4 day tickets for extended family staying with us.

ETA: I know he must be there to activate them.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the service member must use one of the tickets or can they just get them for their family?

We will most likely have APs but we'd like to buy 4 day tickets for extended family staying with us.

ETA: I know he must be there to activate them.
    Yes, one of the tickets needs to be for the service member.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

My DH is retired military. We are planning a Nov '16 trip and have pricing through MJ along with our DD and her family. Can this offer be used with MJ?
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydream View Post
    My DH is retired military. We are planning a Nov '16 trip and have pricing through MJ along with our DD and her family. Can this offer be used with MJ?
    Yes, but the offer on rooms is for room only reservations. You will have to purchase your own tickets. Plus, the program has not been extended through Nov 2016 yet. However if MJ knows you are eligible for this offer, once Disney announces an extension that includes your dates, they can apply the discount usually, although you *may* have to be open to switching resorts. The room discount is fantastic though, and better than any other discounts Disney offers.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

So I just found out yesterday that they are extending the room discount and found out today about the extending the tickets also. But I tried tonight to extend our stay at the Beach Club Sept/Oct for four more days. There are absolutely no rooms available with the military discount at the BC or any of the deluxe resorts. Not sure yet about the others. So much for extending the discount if they aren't going to make any rooms available for it. I know it is during W&FF and they book up for that and it is short notice but I would think there would be something available. Do you think if we just make a reservation at one of those resorts (we don't mind changing resorts) that they would be able to apply the discount later or something would open up? How many rooms do they usually set aside in each resort for the military discount? By the way, I am working through MJ.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

It's very hard to find military discount rooms in October. It is a super busy time. I was not able to get a military discount the third week of October last year. Luckily, Disney had a decent room only discount available so I booked under that at a good price. There is no rhyme or reason to the availability of rooms under any particular discount program.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad that I checked in here for the info. Of course my fast pass + date is Dec 30th and we won't be able to get 2016 tickets until after that. It also cuts it very close if we have to wait until January to book our night in February. It puts some kinks in my planning!
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginger19 View Post
    I'm so glad that I checked in here for the info. Of course my fast pass + date is Dec 30th and we won't be able to get 2016 tickets until after that. It also cuts it very close if we have to wait until January to book our night in February. It puts some kinks in my planning!
    Keep checking back, both here and on militarydisneytips. Their blog indicates they expect a late summer announcement regarding 2016 tickets and discounts.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I will definitely keep an eye out. With the fall one they always waited until the last minute to extend it so it will be helpful if I know ahead of time!
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

When they extended the tickets until Dec this year and the room discounts, we immediately started searching for a room with discount to extend our Sept 27-Oct 2 trip. We couldn't extend before because the last day to use current tickets was Oct 2. So when they came out with the extension we tried to extend our trip four more days. No rooms were available that next week with a military discount. Then the other day we received a message from Karen, our MJ agent, that there was a room available. We jumped on it although it was not at a resort we wanted or close to Epcot. We intended on spending our extra days at the F&WF. We were just glad to get a room. Then we went out to our local post today to get two more tickets and were told they didn't have any and would call us when they do. We are on a count down to our trip and need the tickets so we can make FPs for the second half of our trip. Looks like a repeat of last year when we couldn't get tickets until we got to the gate and were not able to make FPs in advance. So much for an extension. *sigh*
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: