Quantcast Yatch club or animal kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yatch club or animal kingdom

Taking my two 5 year old grandsons should I do yatch club or animal kingdom? Going for 5 days.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard choice. Both resorts are lovely.

My children would probably pick Yacht Club because they adore the "sand pool" section of Stormalong Bay. They could stay there for hours building. They also like the beach section and the there is a great mini slide for younger kids.

Animal Kingdom has a nice pool or if you stay in the Kidani section a great water play area and of course you have the animals. Do you think your grandsons are more into animal watching or pools? If pools are their thing I give Yacht Club the edge.

Both resorts have kid's clubs (Yacht's is at the Beach Club) and kid activities. Some of the activities at Animal Kingdom have more of a cultural element which could be fun.

From Animal Kingdom you are busing or driving everywhere. From Yacht you would only bus to MK and AK. DHS is a boat ride and Epcot is a walk in. You also have the option of walking through Epcot and monorailing to MK. If you plan on spending most of your time at Magic Kingdom, I don't think it makes much of a difference but if you plan on a lot of Epcot time you may prefer Yacht.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

AgentC listed a great bunch of points. We have stayed at both several times and each is wonderful in its own rights. One plus of YC is the proximity to BW which has additional dining options to add to what your home resort would offer. We have never minded that AKL is isolated from the busyness..love the peacefulness of the resort..very quiet after a busy day in the parks.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

YC has the best pool on property. When you combine that with the location - within walking distance to Epcot and a long walk or boat to HS, YC would be my choice.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on how you plan to spend your time and how the locations of the resorts fit into that. There is no doubt the pool at BC/YC is the best on property, but the two pools at AKL are pretty nice, as well. The animals at AKL are a plus for kids.

But if you plan to spend a lot of time at EPCOT and/or DHS, the YC location can't be beat. When our boys were younger, they would have preferred the AKL. But the truth is, these are 2 exceptionally nice resorts - you don't have a bad choice!

Post Thanks / Like

i'd add that with the Yacht you also can walk to the boardwalk at night and see the street performers. my kids have always loved this. s'mores and a movie on the beach each evening too, but guessing AK has something similar. but my kids LOVE the boardwalk at night and it is incredibly relaxing to let the kids sit and watch while you grab a bench and chill.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from Yacht Club and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend it and I doubt we will ever stay anywhere else. But my kids were looking to swim everyday. And 2 hours just wasn't enough if you know what I'm saying. So like others have said it just depends on what you are looking to do. If you don't have time to devote to the pool daily it may not be the best fit. We also spent alot of time at the Boardwalk. There is so much to do in that area. Mini Golf is also a short walk. Oh and one more thing to add boat service is awful! It took over an hour to get to DHS by boat. Epcot is a short 5 minute walk. DHS is about 10 minutes. If your grand kids aren't walkers that could cause an issue.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Yacht Club. Best location at WDW. So much to see and do right around that lake. Bonus awesome playground located at the Swan hotel. Great for little kids!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: