Quantcast Family Pictures

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Family Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Pictures

My family is taking a Reunion type Vacation to Disney World early part of December. We are wanting to take family pictures while we're all together too. We don't want to take pics inside the park...but somewhere around or on the property would be great! Any tips, ideas???? Thanks!
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You could hire Disney Event Photography to have a photo session at an on-site location.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am assuming it is a very large group.

Are you looking for whimsical?
    Off the top of my head, there's a statue of Mickey at All Star Sports with stairs or a ramp leading up to it. You could put several people on different levels and get a group picture there.
    I have seen families take pictures with the various Lego sets in front of the Lego store in Downtown Disney.

More traditiona?
    The Grand Floridian has several areas that would make nice backdrops. So does the Wilderness Lodge, around the fireplace for example.

A little more relaxed?
    The Animal Kingdom Lodge has a balcony with four rocking chairs. You could put grandparents in the chairs and everyone else around them.
    You could do a beach/tropical theme at the Polynesian.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We have done pics at the metal mickey silhouette along the marina at the Contemporary. We have had the little ones actually laying inside the ears.

Are you thinking to do a Disney theme or just family pics with a great background? If you want Disney theming I would suggest the Art of Animation resort. With all the iconic movie displays you surely could get some wonderful shots. If you are just looking for some nice backgrounds then I would give more thought to the GF, Poly or POR resort grounds.

Post Thanks / Like

I say, make it a fun time - do a loop around on the resort monorail and find spots at each - there are plenty. If you have someone taking pictures for you all the better - but more often than not, other guests are willing to help you out by taking the shot. Me, I'd bring a tripod.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

You should strongly consider the PhotoPass / Memory Maker option, especially if you have a large group. I believe it's $169 if you buy before you arrive. On our one week visit for a family of five we had over 150 individual shots. Add in edits and we ended up with over 300 pictures so less than $0.60 per shot. It's nice because you can get a pic of the whole gang, but different groups can get different shots in different locations so you can end up with a bunch of nice picture for a relatively low price. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The Memory Maker is a very nice idea.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: