Quantcast Graduation Gift $$$

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Graduation Gift $$$

Just wondering what is an average amount of money given for a high school graduation these days. It is for my cousins son who we only seem to see at these types of occasions these days. We are in Wisconsin.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that you're even asking! My DD is graduating from high school next year, and we're not expecting anything from my cousins ... like you, we only see them at special occasions.

If you do want to give something, maybe a card with a gift card for a place you know they like, or something you've enjoyed together?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

manutd1 Guest

We give savings bonds......50.00 usually.

Post Thanks / Like

$20 cash is my standard, and it seemed pretty normal at the parties I attended this year.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

If I was giving in that situation I would give $50.....My nephews I gave $100
    $50 is the usual for this area in NJ.......But just like any other gift...anything should be appreciated.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I would say $20-$30
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    If I was giving in that situation I would give $50.....My nephews I gave $100
    $50 is the usual for this area in NJ.......But just like any other gift...anything should be appreciated.

That's what I would say. I find that pre-paid debit cards are great for them too, good for online shopping, etc. My DD graduated HS last year and received mostly $, some actual gifts, and some cards. Since she didn't have a credit card yet, she appreciated the debit cards.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

For nieces and nephews we give $100. For friends and distance relatives we give $20-30.

We only had one graduate this year. She is my son's best friend's sister. Since she drove my son to school this year I have her a gift worth around $50-60. She is heading to the beach after graduation so I gave her a beach gift bag; monogrammed beach bag, monogrammed beach towel, matching cup with lid and straw, sunscreen, and a monogrammed drink "coozie". I only do personalized gifts like these if I really know the recipient.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I like those gift cards with set amounts. This way I never feel obliged to give more than the amount on the card. For example, I gave a Fandango gift card with a set amount of $25. They offer them in larger denominations. If there truly are no expectations, $25 seems quite generous to me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    For nieces and nephews we give $100. For friends and distance relatives we give $20-30.

We only had one graduate this year. She is my son's best friend's sister. Since she drove my son to school this year I have her a gift worth around $50-60. She is heading to the beach after graduation so I gave her a beach gift bag; monogrammed beach bag, monogrammed beach towel, matching cup with lid and straw, sunscreen, and a monogrammed drink "coozie". I only do personalized gifts like these if I really know the recipient.

That was really a cool gift idea!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    That was really a cool gift idea!
    Thanks! She loved it! It was fun for me since I only have boys, it's not very often I get to do fun girly gifts like this!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm graduating high school this year and I've noticed I can get anything between $20-40, depending on how well the person knows me. I also have received gift cards.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Hi I'm graduating high school this year and I've noticed I can get anything between $20-40, depending on how well the person knows me. I also have received gift cards.
    Congratulations!

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I'm close to my cousin's so their children would get $50 but in a gift card.

My nephew that is graduating this year (as is my youngest son) will get $100 or a something he wants for school but wont buy himself (he's very weird like that).

Friends of the family get $25 unless they are very close friends.

I crocheted a simple 'lap' blanket for a friend's daughter in her college colors and will add a $25 gift card along with it.

We do gas gift cards for those that are going away to school but will have their cars on campus. We do Target gift cards for those that aren't taking cars. We've done grocery gift cards for those that are setting up apartments instead of dorm living.

And we had a few go military and we did restaurant gift cards along with bug spray and sunscreen - bug spray and sunscreen for Basic, Restaurant GCs for when they were finished with Basic and could leave base.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

My nephew is graduating this week and I will probably give him $100 cash. I'm not crazy about gift cards. I know they are great for some people, but I always think these are young adults and cash in hand is so much nicer. This way he can spend it where ever he wants and most of all however he wants. He isn’t stuck at one store or one restaurant. That's just me. I just think if they don’t have jobs yet, this is the easiest way to put money they want in their hands..lol and let them (NOT MOM & DAD) tell them how to spend it. I never expected my friends to give my kids any money (or gift cards) for graduation. Some did and some didn’t. I think it’s more for family if anything.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

All good suggestions and ideas!!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: