Quantcast Will Disney update Tomorrowland now that the movie is coming out?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Disney update Tomorrowland now that the movie is coming out?

Does anyone know if they have plans to update Tomorrowland? It seems like the next ideal area to update in MK.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    manutd1 Guest

Funny you ask....I have head rumours that Tomorrowland is about to get another...overhaul. And, the speedway may be gone. There is so many pod casts i listen to...Im not sure which one it was. Who knows. But, I'm sure it will get a redo in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrowland is next to be updated at MK. Who knows what century Disney will do it. I am guessing 2022.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I would love for the speedway to be removed. It sits on a huge plot of land that could be used for both Fantastland and Tomorrowland expansion. But mostly the speedway is so unimaginative. When it came out at Disneyland it was unique. No where could kids drive a car like that. But now every carnival that comes to town has one. That amount of space could bring two fantastic attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

i have been wondering the same thing! I hope that this movie is hinting at this possibility!
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

and i am hoping the first things to go are the speedway and stitch
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch needs to go! And if they keep the speedway, def give it a nice overhaul top to bottom. New cars, new track, new things to see as you drive....
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Default to early

I think its to early to tell and to assume anything. The movie doesn't officially start until 5-22-15 therefore there nothing to base any of these rumors on. If the movie does well then yeah changes may happen. But there no way to know.

The movie to me has nothing to do with the area in the park from what I see. I guess only time will tell.
    Here we go feel the flow its the universe of energy.

One little spark imagination, its how our minds create creation. Right at the start of everyting that's new one little spark light up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see an update! Tomorrowland is one of my favorite sections of the park but like everyone else said Stick needs to go. On top of that the speedway doesnt really fit with the whole theme and is on a huge plot of land. Monsters Inc is funny but a one time shot for me as well....
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    I would love for the speedway to be removed. It sits on a huge plot of land that could be used for both Fantastland and Tomorrowland expansion. But mostly the speedway is so unimaginative. When it came out at Disneyland it was unique. No where could kids drive a car like that. But now every carnival that comes to town has one. That amount of space could bring two fantastic attractions.
    Not to mention that with the advanced video driving/racing video games today and the electric powered vehicles for kids, the thrill is not the same. Although, I would rather them spend time/energy on HS and Epcot right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1 View Post
    Funny you ask....I have head rumours that Tomorrowland is about to get another...overhaul. And, the speedway may be gone. There is so many pod casts i listen to...Im not sure which one it was. Who knows. But, I'm sure it will get a redo in the future.

I hope you listen to ours!

I think as with anything, theme park tie ins are driven by box office success. If the movie is a huge hit and spawns sequels, you can bet the tie ins will get deeper. If its not a blockbuster, then nothing will happen. My guess is contingencies are being drawn up and ideas are at the blue sky stage... We'll see how the movie does. I saw the 10 minute preview. Made me want to see the movie but also felt is was a little plasticy in the CGI department. Hoping it does well.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so. Tomorrowland and Future World have long suffered. Anything that doesn't involve filling them with Pixar-based attractions is worthy of consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

Could they make the speed way into a tron theme? Kids would love to drive futuristic motorcycles. That would fit the theme. I like the speedway but agree that it is tired.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Could they make the speed way into a tron theme? Kids would love to drive futuristic motorcycles. That would fit the theme. I like the speedway but agree that it is tired.

Unfortunately Tron pretty much failed at the box office so its not like to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I hope so. Tomorrowland and Future World have long suffered. Anything that doesn't involve filling them with Pixar-based attractions is worthy of consideration.

*this*

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an idea. Get rid of Stitch and the transit authority. Rebuild the transit authority with hot rods from the future. Have them shoot around the old track with quick excelleration to 25mph and then corner until everyone feels like their head is going to fall off. Then every year or so, have one burst into flames...just to keep it interesting.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    The speedway is very tired, and even my boys when they were about 9 & 7 years old though it was lame compared to the go-karts they could drive at our local amusement centers. I think the concept of the speedway would be very popular with a "Cars" theme, with part of it indoors so you could cruise Radiator Springs at night; but it doesn't fit in Tomorrowland. The speedway's time is past and it really has no connection to any Disney classic other being one of the first attractions in Disneyland. That large space could be used for 2 or 3 new more relevant and fun attractions.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I hope you listen to ours!

I think as with anything, theme park tie ins are driven by box office success. If the movie is a huge hit and spawns sequels, you can bet the tie ins will get deeper. If its not a blockbuster, then nothing will happen. My guess is contingencies are being drawn up and ideas are at the blue sky stage... We'll see how the movie does. I saw the 10 minute preview. Made me want to see the movie but also felt is was a little plasticy in the CGI department. Hoping it does well.
    Of course.... I also listen to a few others....Lou mongellos and WDW today...to name a couple...But, Of course...Intercots podacast as well!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call Tron Legacy a failure... Budget: $170 million, box office take worldwide: over $400 million... True, domestically it barely made it's budget, but did $228 million foreign... And we are getting a third Tron... Failures, like John Carter, don't get sequels... Not with Disney and their tent pole movie strategy...

Plus, a tron light cycle coaster was rumored for Shanghai... But not sure where that attraction currently stands... Possibly cut...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Unfortunately Tron pretty much failed at the box office so its not like to happen.
    Yet they are still making another Tron movie.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: