Quantcast Recommendation for Lunch outside of Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recommendation for Lunch outside of Parks

Looking for a Table Service lunch recommendation on property that will not require park entry. We are spending a lazy day before we go to MNSSHP, so we are open to checking out other resorts or really anything you guys think would be fun. It will just be me, my son (13) and daughter (10). They are not super adventurous eaters, but it seems like most Disney restaurants try to have something for everybody. We would like to try something new, so I have included places we have been: O'hana, Kona, Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Faire, and Chef Mickey's. Thanks!
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really impressed with Boatwright's at POR. The food was very good and all of us enjoyed it. It's on our list to go back to on our next trip.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Something that is easy access to MK would be great. I'd say the a Contemporary restaurant. Even just burgers by the pool. Or The Wave table service. If you have extra time to kill you can take the boat to WL and walk the nature trail by the lake before MNSSHP. I always like walking over to MK from the Contemporary. Then the Monorail back if you park there for lunch.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

One of our favorites is the GFV cafe. Food for everyone. We did not care for our lunch at the Wave.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Several at DTD : RF, T-rex, WGP, Raglan road, Fultons, house of blues, planet hollywood.

AKL : Boma, Jiko and Sanaa.

Trails end and Hoop dee doo at Ft. Wilderness
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to MNSSHP later, I recommend eating at a monorail resort. I, personally, love Kona at the Poly, though the GF has some nice places too, like the GF Cafe.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand Floridian Cafe is our new favorite "out-of-park" TS. Last year we ate dinner there on Mother's Day, and enjoyed it so much, we've decided to include it in all future trips. Everything, from our table location, to our amazing server, to the delicious food, was perfect. Only regret - waiting for so many years to finally eat here.

We already have one lunch ADR for this year's trip, and will probably add a second one.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I would head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, dine at Sanaa, and take some time relaxing in the animal viewing areas and lobby. It's a great resort to explore, lots of great things to see, and it's remote enough to feel like a day out of the vacation hustle. There's a shuttle between Kidani and Jambo House, so you can actually check out both sides of the resort fairly easily. If the Sanaa menu looks a little daunting for less adventurous eaters, you could always do quick service in the Mara instead, lots of choices there. And you can bus to MK for the party from AKL.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Boatwright's only does dinner.
    You might want to boat down to DTD for lunch. We have had good food at Paradiso 37, the menu has a huge selection and the crazy corn (corn on the cob with cheese grilled on top) is a must for us. A number of their things are quite shareable.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I really like the idea of checking out Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have never been there and I know the kids would love to see some of the animals! Also, thanks for the suggestion of The Mara, I think the kids will like that menu better than the sit down options offered at this resort. We will use our table service credit another time.
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I really like the idea of checking out Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have never been there and I know the kids would love to see some of the animals! Also, thanks for the suggestion of The Mara, I think the kids will like that menu better than the sit down options offered at this resort. We will use our table service credit another time.
    The Mara is in Jambo House, if you end up only having time to explore one half of the AKL. I do like the Sunset Savanna viewing area best (giraffes, zebras, and more). For viewing, I slightly prefer the Kidani side but there's much to see and great viewing at both. Jambo House has a more impressive lobby and much more extensive gift shop area. I'm glad you like the idea, and I hope your family has a wonderful time!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I usually go to DTD on a MNSSHP/MVMCP night. Many times we've done lunch at Fulton's. They have an excellent lunch menu, and it's never really busy at lunch.

This year we are planning to do lunch at our resort. We are going to try the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Breakfast is amazing there, so we checked out the lunch menu... equally as amazing!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We have been trying to schedule places on our trips lately that we have not tried, to enhance and expand our experience. Good for you for looking for something new.

For outside a park, How about Cape May Cafe (we are eating there in Oct), Las Ventanas (also trying in Oct) or Bongos Cuban Cafe? The menus at all sounded wonderful.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

Our DD who's 10 really liked Boma and being a buffet style I'm sure both of your kids will find items that please their pallets, but if you want QS then Mara would be a good choice.

Once finished eating and going on safari catch a bus to either the Poly or the WL, take the opportunity to walk either of the resorts check out the sights and sounds then go down toward the beach area and catch a water taxi over to the MK for your MNSSHP.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site