Quantcast Any new updates on Disney Quest?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any new updates on Disney Quest?

My DS used to love it but that was 10+ years ago. Don't know if we should waste our time and money when we are there in late September. He's 26 now and wanted to show his girlfriend how much fun he used to have. Thoughts? Thanks so much!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it is essentially unchanged from 10 years ago so he can show his girlfriend exactly what he used to do there. Personally, I wouldn't waste money on going there but if I had an unused plus option to burn on a rainy day, I might.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't pay to go there, but since the MYW packages come with DisneyQuest vouchers we may pop in, as my BFF has never been.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your replies. We get 2 vouchers so they can go and check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it supposed to close?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well it is essentially unchanged from 10 years ago so he can show his girlfriend exactly what he used to do there. Personally, I wouldn't waste money on going there but if I had an unused plus option to burn on a rainy day, I might.
    Agreed...just tried it last week for the first time with my son. While he enjoyed it I felt it left much to be desired. It seemed very dated. You can get a video of your virtual coaster ride on VHS!?!? It's a big spot to fill...maybe they could put a Home Depot or a Whole Foods there?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree its dated and not very clean. My DH commented that the fact that the cast members were wearing gloves wasn't a good sign. Definitely worth doing for free but don't waist your money on it.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Only go if it happens to be on fire and burning to the ground. This way you can take pics, post here, and people can rejoice.

Rides are great, if it was still 1995. Half the games won't work. You'll need nightvision or thermal goggles to navigate certain areas. There also seems to be a Lord of the Flies motif in play at any given time as it is crowded, overrun by unsupervised kids, and just plain horrible.

Do not do the create your own rollercoaster thing. You would have wasted an hour of your life that would be better spent staring at a construction pylon in the parking lot, punching yourself in the head, or pretty much anything else.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad to hear. I LOVED Disney Quest, but I realized I have not been in over 10 years and I cannot believe that this has not been updated.

'83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Disney Quest when it first opened. It had the latest technology. We loved the Pirate Ship Fight and the Jungle Cruise, along with the Bumper Car Dodge Ball (this is what we called everything). We went every year when my son was younger. We hadn't gone in some time, then three year ago my son and nephew went in while my husband and I went to dinner. My son said a lot of things didn't work and that there was nothing new. He was disappointed in the place.

I think those of you who are saying it hasn't changed in 10 years are being too kind. I think it's more like 15 years.

This is exactly the kind of thing that bothers me about Disney. They want to stay in the past. They will not update things and IMO are behind in the latest technology. Disney Quest could be a really cool place if they would do an over haul. But they won't...they will let it die a slow death and then tear it down for a Meet N Greet.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

They probably figure the gaming industry is just too difficult.

Gameworks, used to be cool. Became lame, and now closed.

Dave and Busters. Well, you can drink, so that helps. But still, invest quite a bit in their games, and we'll see if they make it. Those kinds of games are becoming an antiquated concept.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    They probably figure the gaming industry is just too difficult.

Gameworks, used to be cool. Became lame, and now closed.

Dave and Busters. Well, you can drink, so that helps. But still, invest quite a bit in their games, and we'll see if they make it. Those kinds of games are becoming an antiquated concept.
    I don't know what Gameworks is so I can't comment on it, but Dave and Busters is a totally different animal IMO....They have a bunch of video and arcade type games. While Disney Quest did have a floor of arcade type games, the draw to Disney Quest was their interactive attractions. When Disney Quest opened they had stuff that no one else had. The Jungle Cruise, POC Battle for Pirate Gold, Buzz Bumper Cars, The Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam, were all concepts that you couldn't experience anywhere else. It was really a place that was exclusive to Disney.....Disney Quest like so many other things on WDW property has been let go and not been updated or properly maintained.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: