Quantcast Coral Reef or Crystal Palace

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coral Reef or Crystal Palace

DW and I are trying to decide where to eat our first night and can't decide between Coral Reef or Crystal Palace. We've never been to Coral Reef and have had dinner at Crystal Palace several times, we have ADR's for other character meals the week we are there so that's not a factor. We have no real plans for that night so the park will not be a factor either. I guess we need more reviews on Coral Reef. Neither of us are seafood lovers, we have seen the menu and found items we will like, what about the atmosphere.
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did lunch at Coral Reef--food was okay--I had the vegetarian pasta. Service was okay, but view/atmosphere were great. It was a beautiful space--glad we went, but likely wouldn't go back.

We've only done breakfast at Crystal Palace--it was good.
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

In our opinion, definitely Crystal Palace. Coral Reef is one of those places that has really mixed reviews - people who love it and people who don't. We're in the latter category - actually, it's one of the few places at Disney we don't plan to go back to after a couple bad experiences with the food and the service. But there are others who love it!

Since it sounds like you are looking for something new, maybe you should give it a try and see what think!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to Coral Reef but we plan to go there next week. I guess my motto is try it if you haven't before and make your own opinions. Some people love it, others hate it; that is the case with any restaurant anywhere. I've heard the atmosphere is great, that is why we are going there. If you've already eaten at Crystal Palace try something new. Who knows, you may end up with a new favorite
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

the only absolutely horrible dining experience i have ever had at Disney World was at coral reef so my opinion is go with crystal palace. I know its not always bad and some people enjoy Coral Reef, but my experience was just so awful.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful trip!
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to both on almost every trip. We love CP for the characters & diverse food buffet but if the characters are not an issue I would definitely without question choose Coral Reef. The atmosphere is quite fun from the jellyfish sconces & light fixtures & of course the huge aquarium. I have sat in various places & really all the seats were good. I love love love the Jack Daniel's chocolate mousse (a must try if you go).

I must tell you though to allot more time for this restaurant bc we have almost never been seated at our ADR. Only once was the wait horrid but don't plan on being seated here early.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a good meal at both. Not great, but good. I would say if you are looking for a different experience and a unique dining environment, try Coral Reef. Crystal Palace had a nice character meal and we went there a few times when the kids were smaller.

What one person really likes, another may not. We tried Le Cellier one year because everyone said how great it was, and did not really like it, so everyone's tastes are different.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

For me, there was nothing at Coral Reef that I can't get locally (main dish) as I live just in from the NC Coast, so fresh seafood is readily available.

The restaurant is very nice looking inside and view to the giant aquarium is wonderful. But we've had one time where the service was fantastic, one time where it was meh, and one time where it was so bad, we didn't tip AND asked to see the manager.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Our family are greatly divided with Coral Reef.
    4 of us love it and want to return every trip.
    3 of us like it, never gotten bad food and most of what we had was quite good. So they like going about every 3 trips or so.
    2 of us hate it because of the noise level, but do admit they have always gotten good food.
    I think the atmosphere alone is worth trying it once, I seem to always order the steak and it has been nothing but great.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at Coral Reef a few times and loved all the meals we've had there.

We are not buffet people so we have never had dinner at Crystal Palace. We have done breakfast there and it was fine.
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: