Quantcast What Kind of Disney Apparel For You?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Kind of Disney Apparel For You?

Piggybacking on pabef601's post "What Kind of Disney Vacationer are You," I thought I'd ask how do you dress when you go to Walt Disney World. I've broken it down into four categories, but don't feel the need to "fit" into one of these. It's just fun to talk about vacations here.

1.) Matching Disney Outfits -- You guys are ALL IN when it comes to a Disney vacation.
    2.) All Disney All the Time -- You wear "something" Disney every day you're on vacation, even if it's nothing more than your socks.
    3.) A Little Disney Here and There -- Some days, you wear Disney apparel; other days, it's just your regular days.
    4.) I'm on Vacation; I'm not moving in! -- You wear the same clothes you wear at home. No Disney Strategy here.

For me, I'm Category 2. I have either a Disney T-shirt or Disney shorts on every day I'm on property. It's part of the enjoyment for me, matching my outfit with where we are going. And I have some outfits especially for certain places. For example, I ALWAYS wear my red FOUR PARKS ONE WORLD T-shirt (the one with the autographs on the back) on our first trip to the Magic Kingdom. It's getting a little worn now, so I won't wear it at home any more. It doesn't have many more trips left in it.

I always wear my forest green Disney T-shirt (the one with the four park logos across the chest) on our full day at Animal Kingdom.

I have several dress shirts for evening at Downtown Disney. And I have some decent shorts from Mouse About Town.

So how about you? Feel free to pen your clothing choice when you're In The World!

WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4. When DSs where younger I used to have them in a disney shirt for every day (toy story, cars, pirates etc). Now that they are teen/preteen that doesn't really fly!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

manutd1 Guest

We always wear a disney shirt one or two days....the rest of the time I'm wearing a soccer shirt or just a cheap old navy shirt. Simple..a 3

Post Thanks / Like

Closest to #3. I have a couple Disney themed "aloha" shirts that I take with me and wear while I'm there (and try to pick up a new one each trip!!), but primarily I wear good shorts and button-down shirts. (I have found that a big person like myself doesn't look good in t-shirts!! LOL)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to wear something Disney every day - shirt, hat, jewelry. It is just so much fun!! Even my hubs will wear a Disney shirt every day, but we have never done matching shirts. Maybe this is the year for those!
    Auntie B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie B View Post
    ...Even my hubs will wear a Disney shirt every day, but we have never done matching shirts. Maybe this is the year for those!
    Every time we visit, I tell my wife "We're wearing matching shirts one day. I want to be 'THAT FAMILY!'l Unfortunately, she always VETOES it. Maybe this trip.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread!

So, my wife is the one that drives this bus. We are a combo of the top three. Let me explain:

1. We usually have one day of matching shirts that my wife has ordered. This last time, there were 11 of us, and we got shirts with made up "Dwarf" names, such as "Cutie", "Manly", "Brainy", etc. All shirts had Mickey or Minnie heads on them. In the past we had custom shirts made that were some variation of "I Survived..." and then names of the more tame attractions. For example, "I Survived Spaceship Earth!" or "I Survived the Hall of Presidents!" with photos of the various attractions on them.

Also, every trip, we have one day that is Hokie Day. Since I work for Virginia Tech, we all wear some school shirts. And VT is one of those that has a licensing deal with Disney, so we have Mickey Mouse VT shirts.

2. A lot of our other apparel is Disney apparel...whether it's backpacks, hats, t-shirts, sports jerseys (I have a Pluto Hockey Jersey that I bought from the Hall of Champions on Main Street when it actually only sold sports apparel....i've had guys offer me money for it on the street), my hawaiian shirt, watches, jewelry, etc. We wear a lot of this at Disney (and a fair bit when we're not!) I certainly have enough apparel to fall solidly in the category, but sometimes, I just don't want to wear it.

3. On occasion, we'll just wear something else. Like when I go to Animal Kingdom, i'll wear quick-dry fabrics because i'm gonna get soaked on KRR. So, a golf polo and shorts. My wife has a cheetah print shirt she likes to wear to AK as well, but she'll pair it with a Disney AK hat. I also have some bright colored shirts (bright yellow or green) so that i'm easy to spot in a crowd. We call these my "theme park shirts".
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I fit best in #2. I try to wear something Disney each day. It's mostly earrings, flip flops, or a small cross body purse. My boys tend to wear different Disney t-shirts most days. DH wears a Disney golf visor most days. DH and I don't wear many Disney shirts, but we do each own a couple.

I tend to dress in a way that matches the park we'll be in. Always red at Magic Kingdom, don't know why, but I always end up wearing red. The boys usually wear some sort of Mickey t-shirt at MK. I wear lots of oranges, browns, or greens at AK.

When my boys were really little, like 5 and under, I dressed them identical each day. It was so easy to keep track of them. Back in those days I would find cute Disney outfits for each day of our trip. And everything coordinated! Even tho DH and I didn't do matching shirts, the colors we wore always matched our boys colors for the day. Now they'd all kill me if I tried to get us all matchy matchy! LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Every time we visit, I tell my wife "We're wearing matching shirts one day. I want to be 'THAT FAMILY!'l Unfortunately, she always VETOES it. Maybe this trip.
    All 4 of us (myself, DH, 2DSs) always vowed to never do all matching shirts. On our huge family trip in 2013 (party of 25) we did do one day with matching shirts that we made. It might be the only time we ever do that.

Although I have seen some cute designs on Pinterest that have tempted me.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are closest to number 3. But honestly we were Disney shirts a here and there when we aren't at WDW. So maybe #4?

Post Thanks / Like

I am in number 3,
    usually a polo shirt with a WDW logo (I have several, a few now obsolete from the days when each park had it's own shirt ) and usually a ball cap with some WDW graphic on the days I think the sun is going to give me headaches.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much a #4. I wear comfortable clothes that I would wear pretty much anywhere. On a few past trips I've picked up shirts that I liked but I wouldn't have worn otherwise with more of an animal print or pattern that I've worn to AK. I do, however, wear a pair of Mickey Crocs as my shoewear of choice. So I guess technically I do always have a Disney themed item on. (Yes, Crocs are ugly...they were a gift, so I decided to make the most of them one trip and wear them...my feet have never been more comfortable or less tired at the end of a day on a Disney trip, so now they're my go to Disney footwear.)

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

#2: I have a pair of Mickey Mouse earrings that I wear everyday of our trips. Never wear them at home! I've gotten one t-shirt on each trip, so I wear those t-shirts, then regular clothes on the other days. DD has worn a Disney outfits every day of every trip. She now wears a small in women's clothing, so it may be harder to do on our June trip. She does have a few shirts that still fit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    That's me too, if we were to ever walk out of the room wearing the same shirt my wife would run back in and change !!
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

My 20yo daughter's BF is going with us in June. It's his first visit. My son and I have convinced him that it is tradition to wear a super cheesy air brushed first visit tee shirt on your first day in the parks. We will all be wearing normal comfortable attire. Can't wait for the pics. DWAM will be "Mickey'd out" in some way everyday.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a solid 3, I'm packing for my next trip this week and I'd say my shirts are 25% Disney, 75% "regular". I will more than likely buy something Disney before I come home
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it really depends on the trip. For our family reunion, one day we all wore matching shirts (15 of us lol).

On trips with my friends, we have been known to buy matching outfits at the parks and wear them together.

If it is just me and the kids, we'll wear whatever but generally pick up some stuff at the parks and wear it when we want to.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually #2 fits us. I usually have a Mickey shirt for each day. The kids would always have Disney something on when they were younger and now it seem they still pull out a Disney shirt for at least one of the days or one park. DH he wears his Grumpy shirts with pride..lol and I can’t be without my Mickey crocs. Love them and will pretty much only wear them at the parks..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Layers, Layers, Layers

We bust the park gate, especially in December with an extra top layer - often a hooded sweatshirt, sometimes even sweatpants over shorts.

As the day goes on, layers come off and as the sun goes down the layers go back on.

Temps are also unpredictable in airconditioned spaces.

As far as fashion goes, I know some folks buy new clothes for vacation. For us, Disney Parks are about what's comfortable for getting on and off rides all day long. We don't wear rags but brand new seems like a waste.

PS: I do the oldest underwear trick when I pack for Disney:

1. Determine how many changes of underwear you will need for the trip.
    2. Go to your underwear drawer and count out that many of the OLDEST, holiest, underwear you own and pack them
    3. Each day, take off the worn underwear and throw them away.
    4. Do you really want to haul funky drawers back across the country?
    5. (the space you save is used for your new just bought at WDW 2015 T-Shirt)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    PS: I do the oldest underwear trick when I pack for Disney:

1. Determine how many changes of underwear you will need for the trip.
    2. Go to your underwear drawer and count out that many of the OLDEST, holiest, underwear you own and pack them
    3. Each day, take off the worn underwear and throw them away.
    4. Do you really want to haul funky drawers back across the country?
    5. (the space you save is used for your new just bought at WDW 2015 T-Shirt)
    That's awesome but also disgusting, because I visualized someone else's nasty underwear. I can't get that out of my head now.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: