Quantcast Episode 76 - Christmas in April

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 76 - Christmas in April

INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
    Episode 76 - Christmas in April
    The Cast: Christine Warner, Cindy Jachrimo, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds, John Yaglenski

- Trader Sams/Poly villas & bungalows premiere, Tiki finally in lobby.
    - Mel’s Trip Report/Poly info - Be Our Guest Breakfast, The Hub.
    - Relay for Life April 17 in Celebration, Florida - Donate $25 or more before April 17 and be entered to win one of two Fantasyland Lithographs. DONATE HERE: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/levelbest
    - Disney Springs Boathouse & Steaks, Amphibicar rides, Sushi at Splitsville.
    - Take it or leave it - $2k a Night Stay @ the Polynesian Bungalos - Leave it across the board. Canada needs to get an alternate theme song version in. We’re very needy.
    - Pedro’s South of the Border talk
    - Universal - John (the comparison to Disneyland is inevitable), the stay, the rides, the hotels etc.
    - Woman Denied Entry At Disney’s Magic Kingdom For Trying To Bring In Baby Bengal Tiger (we have our doubts)
    - Christine’s Cruise Report (tip: book a smaller ship)
    - Disney now a bank? *Have you seen where Disney is doing their own savings club for vacations?
    - Selfie Sticks ban
    - John missing the Fonz
    - #runICOT 2016 registrations are coming up http://www.intercot.com/news/runicot
    - The INTERCOT party house

>> Listen, Download, Enjoy, Share, LOVE & Tell A Friend!
    Last edited by John; 04-12-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Still listening to the podcast but I just wanted to let you know that I got my donation in, and to let you know how much I, and I'm sure everyone here, appreciates everything you do for this Disney community. Without your hard work and dedication to the site, the podcasts and everything else, we would not be together as a community, a community that I have only been a part of for a short time, but feel very much a part of. It was the first place I came across planning my first trip to WDW for my daughters, and its the place I have turned to countless times since for info, advice or to simply share my experiences and opinions. I don't post much, but again, thank you
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Listening now.

Just a note, re: Disney Vacation Account...0.02 is 2%. So, technically if they give you 2% as a bonus in gift cards, that is not a bad deal. Most banks don't even pay 1% in interest on savings accounts.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Listening now.

Just a note, re: Disney Vacation Account...0.02 is 2%. So, technically if they give you 2% as a bonus in gift cards, that is not a bad deal. Most banks don't even pay 1% in interest on savings accounts.
    Good thing we aren't in accounting. Today it was a no brainer figuring that out - in mid podcast stream, not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Still listening to the podcast but I just wanted to let you know that I got my donation in, and to let you know how much I, and I'm sure everyone here, appreciates everything you do for this Disney community. Without your hard work and dedication to the site, the podcasts and everything else, we would not be together as a community, a community that I have only been a part of for a short time, but feel very much a part of. It was the first place I came across planning my first trip to WDW for my daughters, and its the place I have turned to countless times since for info, advice or to simply share my experiences and opinions. I don't post much, but again, thank you
    Thank you SO MUCH for your generosity! We appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Good thing we aren't in accounting. Today it was a no brainer figuring that out - in mid podcast stream, not so much.
    I figured it was all the beer you all drank. Having a kid in 5th grade doesn't hurt when it comes to basic math recall.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Listening now.

This was FUNNY!!! We were all struggling and commented "it shouldn't take this long to do math!?!"
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post

Thank you so much!!!! John Y & I will be posting on all of our social media sites the entire night! Friday April 17, 6pm to Saturday April 17 7am! Thanks for helping support Relay for Life!
    #cancersux
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it was all the beer you all drank. Having a kid in 5th grade doesn't hurt when it comes to basic math recall.
    I drank skim milk this show. Just can't do math
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all seemed to be getting all discombobulated over the Disney Vacation Account, which is really nothing different that making payments on an existing reservation. I would have to see more information on whether or not you lock in the rates at the time you begin your vacation account, or if you will pay the rates at the time you actually make a reservation.

It just seems like an installment payment plan for an existing reservation.

Now, for the interest part.....As a bonus for creating a vacation account, thereby promising Disney money for a visit, they are giving you a 2% "reward", much like the Chase Disney Rewards Visa. (I wish the CDRV gave 2%!!)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    This was FUNNY!!! We were all struggling and commented "it shouldn't take this long to do math!?!"
    I don't like the maths
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another fun one! And the tiger story is real, only it was a bengal KITTEN, as in cat, not tiger. The woman was apparently calling it a tiger, though.

We had the same exact expeirence as Ian on CoP where the ride was stopped and we were signaled out for filming . The voice was VERY mean and I was convinced they were going to take our tape when we got off (it was 2004). Most of the rides you can film, though. They will say in advance whether you can or cannot. I guess we missed it on CoP. Another great moment in rule breaking history was when a foreign guest was taking nonstop flash pictures during Pirates. This wasn't your average flash- this was paparazzi level bright flash with multiple pops. Very annoying and disruptive. They made an announcement reminding everyone that there are no flash pictures, but the guy kept on snapping. Finally, a cast member came out onto a balcony, shone a light down on the boat and yelled "NO FLASH!" Everyone cheered. The guy stopped for maybe 5 seconds and then snapped a pic of the CM!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't believe it took you an hour!! :)

Greetings from Switzerland!

So - loving the podcast as always - and a special thanks for posting so close to the record date!

I was excited to hear about Trader Sam's as Nikki was there when Mel was and I got random pix thru my early morning (your night) of her beer flights, etc. and a great pic of she and Mel! She also said some big Disney mucky-muck VIP came in later and tables were cleared for the entourage. I guess the opening has met expectations. CHEERS!!

and... Christine!! I am sure that Nikki would have walked with you on the 17th! I was thinking about you guys...hope that you had some other walkers with you. What a great story from last year - and John's inspiration for this year. Thanks for sharing it all.

Now... on the Bungalows. PEOPLE. of COURSE these bungalows are MADE for a PARTY!! seriously. It took you guys an HOUR to think of it!? C'mon - I expected more from this crew! When you were doing the take it or leave it...I was thinking...TAKE IT for my 50th birthday party in 7 years!! The question will be... do other like-minded party people ruin the party idea before then? I can imagine that it won't take long for certain rules to be put in place around this idea.

I think the conversation about the bungalows compared to the suites or concierge was spot on. Suites are so wicked expensive - I've never come close to considering them. We've considered concierge a few times but never taken the plunge. So.. why do the bungalows appeal? Plunge pool...? nah. I think it is the view...or the fact that it is on the water - it is a helluva lot cheaper than flying to Bali for similar room.

On a separate note, one crazy thing that we DID take the plunge on for on our last trip (Feb) was a private tour guide. Crazy expensive but you can bring 10 people so when you do the math.... it is still a lot!! But, for us, it was worth it for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't do it every year by any means (again, a variety of reasons) but we did hit 19 attractions in 3 parks in 8 hours. YOWZA.

Finished at 4:00. Nap at 4:05. Happy Hour at 5:00.

Nikki was with us and could relate some good stories about that day and the experience if anyone is interested.

So - off to listen again... THANKS AGAIN for taking the time - to all of you. It is just so great to listen to happy people talking about my happy place....it really does make me feel connected and closer...

Carolyn
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: