Quantcast should I feel bad??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default should I feel bad??

I booked my Spring Break trip awhile ago. I have a habit of ALWAYS asking everyone and their mother to go to Disney when I go. Always to be told "not this time" "oh sorry we are going somewhere else" "money" etc. etc. I feel like since we have always traveled together with friends and family. I like to ask. Well wouldn't you know that this last time I said "I'm done asking everyone all the time when frankly no one ever ask me (no biggie) So I booked, planned all the days, Made all the fast passes (and got every ride we want at the best times for us), Meals whatever we wing that so no worries. AND the other night my Friend says "hey are you going to Disney during Spring Break this year"?? REALLY now is when you want to go Should I feel bad that I don't really want to mess up what I have planned? She is a great friend and I would love to go together (have many times), BUT come on!! I always feel like I’m bothering people when I ask so many times for them to go and the one time I DON'T now I feel bad... I just know if I change anything on my MDE I will lose what I have. She is getting a 3 day pass, so she can get fast passes, but they won't be at the same times. And I don't have a problem just letting her DD and my DS ride and we wait, but she is bringing her family so it's going to be a waste for them to just stand there and wait on the kids. I know they can just stand in line, but that will change the whole day with the fast passes and the wait times. Plus we plan on park hopping and I don’t think her passes let her. We were talking about it yesterday and things weren’t matching up to what she could do as far as park hop or get fast passes, so I said “Well I guess will just have to meet up at some point” and things got very quiet after that.. Was that a bad thing to say? I kind of feel like I DON’T want to change anything only because I have asked so many times and now it’s on you.. bad huh!!

What would you all do???
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't feel bad at all. Your trip is just that... YOUR trip. You've asked in the past, and usually got a no from everyone. They can't expect you to ALWAYS ask. That's not fair to you.

Go, enjoy your trip, and if you get to meet up with your friend, great. If not... great. It's your vacation... enjoy it. She can't expect you to change everything to accommodate her when she waited that long to plan.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    You shouldn't feel bad at all. Your trip is just that... YOUR trip. You've asked in the past, and usually got a no from everyone. They can't expect you to ALWAYS ask. That's not fair to you.

Go, enjoy your trip, and if you get to meet up with your friend, great. If not... great. It's your vacation... enjoy it. She can't expect you to change everything to accommodate her when she waited that long to plan.

Tough is what I say. People can't expect you to be available for their schedule. Meeting up for a meal or some drinks after a park visits might be your solution.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post

Exactly my thoughts.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't feel bad at all. Just because you asked people in the past doesn't mean you always have too. If you find a time you want to meet up then great if not to bad. Please don't let her do this to you. Have a great time.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

No way! This is your trip. No matter if you've asked before or not, you've planned this trip just the way you want it.

It could be fun to meet up sometimes, when schedules allow, but please don't feel guilted or pushed into doing something you don't want to do.

Enjoy the time you spend together, and enjoy the time you spend with your family.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, don't feel bad at all. She should understand. She is late in planning so just make it a "let's meet up when we can and have a meal or two" type trip. No need to try to coordinate everything again. Like you said, your plans will get totally messed up.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone she hasn't called me or text me to see what the next move is going to be, so I guess I will wait and see if we can meet up so they can atleast ride something together.

manutd1 Guest

I have learned a long time ago.....take care of number 1!!! The heck with the rest.
    And by number one...I mean ME, my family...kids etc.
    no one else......is that important to worry about mumbo jumbo...

Post Thanks / Like

What everyone else said! You absolutely should NOT feel bad. You did what was necessary to plan your trip. No one is ever obligated to see if someone else wants to go, or to change everything they've planned for someone else planning last minute. Have a wonderful trip!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

You are too nice. I don't even like traveling with extended family because it drives me crazy to not be the one driving the plans.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You snooze, you lose! I would tell her "oh let's try to meet up if our park days overlap" or "make sure we get a treat in DTD on night." Don't feel you need to change your trip plans to accommodate her at all. I get the feeling she might not do that for you if roles were reversed.

Traveling with friends and extended family is fun but I've stopped doing that for this exact reason!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that way too sometimes because my sister and her whole family live right outside of WDW and now, when we get there I have all of the FP+s booked at 60 days so if any of them want to go to the parks with us they have to wait while we're on our FP rides. It happens.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, you offered to try and meet up. That's more than many would offer. It is YOUR vacation, YOUR Disney experience. You've offered many times in the past and no one took you up on it. There is nothing wrong with what you did and how you handled it. If your friend got her nose bent out of shape because you didn't drop all your previously made plans to line up with her...she's got other issues.

Just breath in and breath out and know you did extend an offer and move on.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Well we finally talked and I’m going to compromise and give up my first day’s Fast passes in Epcot. My DS doesn’t really care if he rides Test track or Sorain so we are going to keep the passes I have for MGM and make that a whole day park. I will not give in on my MK fast passes those I want to do. They will have to try and make the same if not the closest time to the times I already have. She is getting her tickets today so will see. I know my DS would really like to go on rides with her DD they are super close, so if anything she can take my pass and ride with him. I think that will work out fine. I told her about them having to wait for us to ride if they don’t get any passes we have and she said its fine they will wait or do something else. So again it will be fine with me..

THANK YOU all for the imput it really made me feel like I was doing the right thing, so a little compromising didn't bother me in the end. I'm still not going to put it out there anymore when Im going,but if someone wants to jump in at the end depending on what I have. I will consider changing. This one I think I only changed because of my DS. I know he will have more fun if he is with his BFF...

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear things are going to work out for you!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you aren't feeling badly any more. Even if you didn't get any fastpasses together, it is only 3 rides out of a whole day. That gives y'all plenty of time to spend together.

Besides, sometimes it is nice to just spent the time alone with your family.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: