Quantcast who do I call??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: who do I call??

Post Thanks / Like

Default who do I call??

I just got back from a weekend in Orlando. Didn’t do Disney we were there for Baseball. We stayed at a hotel in Kissimmee that said it was a "Disney Good Neighbor Hotel". They were all decked out with Disney everywhere, but let me tell you this place was a nasty mess. We ended up leave first thing in the morning. We were told by the night staff that the 'NEW" owner was not going to invest any additional money into the hotel/resort. We stayed here about 4 or 5 years ago and it was great no issues. They are 1, 2 &3 bedroom suites with everything you need to stay for a week or more. OK NOW back to the reason I wrote this. I never right reviews or bash any hotels unless they are really bad. And this place really needs to be looked at by Disney if they are letting them call themselves a "Good Neighbor hotel"

Examples of really bad to me was
    1. All the sliding doors wouldn't lock. We had to take a picture off the wall and block the door from opening. Maintance was a no show
    2. Carpets were very warn out and stained.
    3. Sheets had rips in them, clean, but ripped
    4. Towels had some holes in them

We didn't check in until 1:00am so we had to make the best of it for one night.

OH and not to mention the roach that greeted us at the door. Now being from Florida that will happen from time to time, so I’m not going to fault them on that one. I never saw another one or anything else crawling, so we were good there..lol

It’s a shame this place has gone down so bad. It has really big rooms and plenty of space for a big family. Just not the care it needs and I feel bad for the staff. I’m sure we weren’t the first and won’t be the last to leave I’m not the type to yell or demand anything, so we toughed it out for one night and were on our way in the morning, but I would like to let the right person/office in on what is going on there. I feel it would fall on deaf ears if I spoke to the manager or even the owner they know they have a bad place and won’t make the changes, so maybe If Disney took away their “good neighbor” status they would change something. It’s worth a shot..

We did speak with the night shift "manager" she was as helpful as she could be even offered another room. We took a look at it (2:30am) and it was just about the same set up so we just said no and got a refund on the second night.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I don't have an answer for you, I wanted to say that I feel awful you had that kind of an experience with a Disney Good Neighbor hotel. Especially the non-locking sliding doors - that would have freaked me out!

I would think that with Disney allowing these hotels to utilize their name in a certain capacity, there would be some type of check and balance to ensure these establishment are up to standards. That this hotel has gone down in such a serious manner is unacceptable.

Although you could write Disney Guest Relations or send them an email, I don't know how in depth they are going to take a non-Disney hotel complaint since it is not their own.

You could post a review about your experiences, which would be a pay-it-forward kind of thing for other families looking for an offsite hotel. Sooner or later, reviews of this nature will break the worst of hotels.

When I was looking for an offsite hotel for INTERCOT15, I ruled out several hotels just because of the honest (and sometimes gross/awful) complaints people had on a certain travel rating website.

Once again, I am sorry about your awful experience!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with KylesMom. If they are still listed on the Disney Good Neighboor Hotesl page, I would report it to Guest Services and hopefully they will get the feedback to the correct area.

I think a review would be good as well.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also hit the Hotels.com and Travelocity sites. And others like them.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: